U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 PM

28,631 posts, read 40,609,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
There's no way I was going to take an hour to read this most entertaining thread and not post in it.

plwhit. . .You're my hero.

But, to make a relevant post, yes, we landed on the moon, the Allen Belt debate is laughable, pointing a shuttle at the moon and that's all could, possibly, be the single, most ignorant thing I've ever seen on the internet, Aldrin punching that guy was priceless and still is, the "tin can" argument is equally laughable, and the amount of self hijacking, and backtracking, is the worst I've ever seen on any messageboard ever; not to mention how ironic it is to read someone's posts who is trying so hard to be intelligent, yet with so many errors.

OP, plwhit, thanks for making my day.

Now, if only someone could direct me to the thread where he talks about geological formations, I'd be most appreciative.
Knock yourself out.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/scien...d-serious.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/scien...adams-rib.html

The Emotional Atomic Factor

Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 PM

32,531 posts, read 31,244,189 times
Quote:
There's no way I was going to take an hour to read this most entertaining thread and not post in it.

plwhit. . .You're my hero.

But, to make a relevant post, yes, we landed on the moon, the Allen Belt debate is laughable, pointing a shuttle at the moon and that's all could, possibly, be the single, most ignorant thing I've ever seen on the internet, Aldrin punching that guy was priceless and still is, the "tin can" argument is equally laughable, and the amount of self hijacking, and backtracking, is the worst I've ever seen on any messageboard ever; not to mention how ironic it is to read someone's posts who is trying so hard to be intelligent, yet with so many errors.

OP, plwhit, thanks for making my day.

Now, if only someone could direct me to the thread where he talks about geological formations, I'd be most appreciative.
It's the one for "serious scientists only" and it's deteriorated as much as this one.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 PM

16,308 posts, read 25,268,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's the one for "serious scientists only" and it's deteriorated as much as this one.
I repeatedly ask why he thinks he is qualified to participate, education, degrees, certifications, and he says he sleepy, or that I'm mad, but has yet to tread anywhere near answering.

I suspect his credentials are that he is currently taking an 8th grade natural science class at his middle school.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 PM

3,733 posts, read 6,605,309 times
Quote:
the amount of self hijacking, and backtracking, is the worst I've ever seen on any messageboard ever; not to mention how ironic it is to read someone's posts who is trying so hard to be intelligent, yet with so many errors.
And sidestepping. He has yet to acknowledge facts others and I have pointed out to him, sidestepping them to bring up other things instead.

Something else has been puzzling me too. In his mountain thread, he mentions many times that these are his original ideas (which was pointed out to him numerous times that others have come up with them in the past) and says he wants nobody to steal or use them, at least not without giving him the proper credit. Posting something you feel is original to yourself on a public internet forum is not a smart idea. It is not proof that an idea or invention is your own, nor is it a copyright.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM

28,631 posts, read 40,609,166 times
I would like to have a psychologist go over the OP's posts and give an opinion.

That would be an eye opener.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:44 PM

34,318 posts, read 59,648,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

And, what did any psychologist ever do to you to rate that sort of punishment?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 PM

15,210 posts, read 18,495,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
But lets just say if you did...what would happen?

Let's just say if you did just shove or skoot or thrust the shuttle towards the moon....it would be like going there in a Motorhome...vs a out house....

I'm not saying your wrong OK...but I need to know why you couldn't just fly a shuttle to the moon...

And then land it on the surface like a Harriar jump jet....
Why could we not build or modify the old shuttles to do that?

Also, form what you know...is there 'wind' in space...
I saw a Star Wars episode, where some of the crafts had 'sails'...they were either sails or solar sails or both.

Since there's so much raw radiation in space, is solar energy more efficient in space?

And I'll find some American rockets here in a bit...
Oh, brother.

I give up. If something in your head didn't "click" with the Prius analogy, then trying to help you to understand is a completely lost cause.

Have a good life. My guess is that you will - you know what they say equates to bliss...

Old 01-06-2012, 11:54 PM

56,621 posts, read 75,697,810 times
they took photos what i would like is proof that bin laden is dead.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 AM

15,924 posts, read 17,653,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

I've suggested and then begged T&S to go get psychological assistanse, but alas no reply.

I wonder if T&S is also the person who kept that lead shielding for the Smart Meters running for so long, that thread, the way it read and was pressented was just like this and the liquid mountains thread..

Old 01-07-2012, 12:35 AM

15,924 posts, read 17,653,797 times
Thanks to my 5th dimension intelligence sources on Orion Prime they tell me most Earthlings are pushing to land there again on the moon due to the opening of the playplay Omegatron facilities and the pleasure droids designed for Earthlings

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or