U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2012, 01:01 AM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,146 posts, read 19,519,079 times
Reputation: 14023

Advertisements

Mmmmm 70's ladies...


 
Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
 
28,674 posts, read 40,714,936 times
Reputation: 37396
Omegatron is opening? Well then:

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a, Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, in other words
I love you.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:00 AM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,688,084 times
Reputation: 7646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Omegatron is opening? Well then:

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a, Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, in other words
I love you.
Frank Sinatra, one of the best

Was also the last song in Space Cowboys...

Last edited by plwhit; 01-07-2012 at 11:09 AM..
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:53 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
18,247 posts, read 20,262,123 times
Reputation: 14154
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Incredible video. Doesn't get any better that.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,688,084 times
Reputation: 7646
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Incredible video. Doesn't get any better that.
Yes we know, NightBazaar posted it yesterday.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,688,084 times
Reputation: 7646
I know...

Not all people have the intelligence I have...

People always refuting my Truth with facts...

I don't understand why people here can't recognize my brilliance...

My seeing through proven "scientific facts" to the actual truth...

I realize others are dumb for not understanding what I'm telling them...

Why can't they acknowledge what I know?

People tell me I post off-topic things...

Don't they realize I can post anything I want because I alone know how everything is bound together on the sub-atomic level?

I thought it was no big deal at first, cause I had no idea how 'political' this arena was...

Now I realize everyone but me has been taken in by the scientific lies...

I realize I am the only serious scientist posting to this thread...

Why I continue to enlighten people I really don't know...

I feel it is my chosen path given to me by The Enlightened Ones

I just don't understand why, when I present The Truthful Facts...

People just ignore me...

It annoys me...
 
Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,688,084 times
Reputation: 7646
Have you seen the starts tonight?



Jefferson Starship - Blows Against The Empire YouTube
 
Old 01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Ohio
3,441 posts, read 5,284,473 times
Reputation: 2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
But lets just say if you did...what would happen?

Let's just say if you did just shove or scoot or thrust the shuttle towards the moon....it would be like going there in a Motor-home...vs an out house....

I'm not saying you're wrong OK...but I need to know why you couldn't just fly a shuttle to the moon...

And then land it on the surface like a Harrier jump jet....
Why could we not build or modify the old shuttles to do that?
Is the Shuttle just orbiting the moon? It can't land.
Work like a Harrier ? really?
Wings are of little use without a relatively thick atmosphere, and that causes problems of a different type.

How is it getting back?
The rockets on the Shuttle are limited maneuvering thrusters.
It is called a brick with wings for a reason.

Did you ever take science in school?
Are you "home schooled" by any chance?

You really should take advantage of the Spell Check that is included in your Browser.
 
Old 01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Florida
3,359 posts, read 6,621,534 times
Reputation: 1893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Is the Shuttle just orbiting the moon? It can't land.
Work like a Harrier ? really?
Wings are of little use without a relatively thick atmosphere, and that causes problems of a different type.

How is it getting back?
The rockets on the Shuttle are limited maneuvering thrusters.
It is called a brick with wings for a reason.

Did you ever take science in school?
Are you "home schooled" by any chance?

You really should take advantage of the Spell Check that is included in your Browser.
I thought this issue was done with me...until today, while walking past a video rental place...I noticed a movie titled Apollo 18...(new release)

So I rented it...I have not watched it yet...well...just about 15 seconds of it...

Seems like a documentary...says they found lost footage...

So, I will sit back with an open mind and watch this movie or 'documentary' titled 'Apollo 18'...and maybe after watching this, I'll have a better understanding of what went on....I will watch it with an open mind and trust that these scientist who made this movie know what they're talking about...

I'll report in later after viewing some of this film...
 
Old 01-10-2012, 03:01 PM
 
32,531 posts, read 31,317,851 times
Reputation: 32383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Seems like a documentary...says they found lost footage...
Somewhere in a marketing department there are a group of guys fist-bumping each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top