U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM

5,203 posts, read 8,205,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
In other words you could leave as a human, and return as jabba the hut...

Which could very well explain various alien siteings...

they could be astronauts who were over exposed to radiation, and their dna physically changed them...
Hmm. Men couldn't have walked on the Moon? Area 51? Aliens? What exactly are you leading up to?

Yes, John Glenn has indeed physically changed! But that's not unexpected considering he's 90 years old. 81-year-old Buzz Aldrin has also changed. Neither one of them seem to resemble amorphous blobs.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:33 PM

33,735 posts, read 17,283,910 times
Quote:
Well then could you at least address the 'chromosomal' changes that occur within human DNA with prolonged exposer to radiation in space?
What about them? You need to shield very effectively if you plan to spend a prolonged time in space beyond LEO, because eventually there will be solar flare activity. NASA and researchers in other programs has spent countless man-hours on mapping the threat and figuring out how to make shielding work.

This has very little to do with Apollo's 300-hour or so missions.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 PM

32,531 posts, read 31,231,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Astounding! the poll is still at 100%

And you just got another "Yes" vote,

(But only because I couldn't vote, "Hell, yes!" )

Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 PM

5,203 posts, read 8,205,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You need to shield very effectively if you plan to spend a prolonged time in space beyond LEO, because eventually there will be solar flare activity. NASA and researchers in other programs has spent countless man-hours on mapping the threat and figuring out how to make shielding work.
That's exactly right, and that's what the Radiation Assessment Detector aboard the MSL "Curiosity" is for, to determine how much radiation risk to humans is involved with long space missions. If the risk is higher than what can be considered reasonably safe, what kind of shielding, as well as suit design, would block or reduce exposure so astronauts will be safe.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:29 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,648,084 times
LRO and the Apollo Hoax Believers…

Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,610,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Hmm. Men couldn't have walked on the Moon? Area 51? Aliens? What exactly are you leading up to?

Yes, John Glenn has indeed physically changed! But that's not unexpected considering he's 90 years old. 81-year-old Buzz Aldrin has also changed. Neither one of them seem to resemble amorphous blobs.
Ok, check this out...

I read last night where harmful radiation from space...2 kinds...

1. electromagnetic waves
2. atomic nuclei

Can do the following to human tissue...

'The effects of high doses of radiation can, does knock the orbiting electrons, inside of atoms, off thier orbit'....

Now this is very very fascinating...cause I never even knew the orbit of an electron mattered...but apparently it does...and when these electrons get knocked off their orbits I guess the atoms they're contained within, don't replicate properly...

So you end up with mutation....very very fascinating...and this exlplain much now to me, photos I've seen in the past of people who had prior exposure to radiation...and explains tumors and all, associated with radiation...

(if we could only follow the health, life, of those brave Japanese nuclear plant workers who faught bravely to contain that place, while wadeing through all the radiated water)....

Wouldn't you like to know the condition they're in now?
But that's a side issue...

Ok, where were we...yes...thats what discover does though...you set off on one path, but get side tracked trying to prove a negitave or positive...

And as a scientifically minded human...or a attorney cross examining a witness....I must often ask tough questions, that at the time may seem irrelovent, but once the total body of evidence is put together...it will all make sense..and bring better clarity to the whole picture...

In other words there's many factors that effect whether man went to the moon or not other than dots on the surface...

We do know many unmanned spacecraft have been there...so who's to say those unmanned space craft did not leave 'garbage' up there...or dot's...

So I'm trying to be a good investigator by doing my research...and as a result am discovering all sorts of neat things along the way...

Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Ok, check this out...

1. electromagnetic waves
2. atomic nuclei

Can do the following to human tissue...

'The effects of high doses of radiation can, does knock the orbiting electrons, inside of atoms, off thier orbit'....

Now this is very very fascinating...cause I never even knew the orbit of an electron mattered...but apparently it does...and when these electrons get knocked off their orbits I guess the atoms they're contained within, don't replicate properly...

So you end up with mutation....very very fascinating...and this exlplain much now to me, photos I've seen in the past of people who had prior exposure to radiation...and explains tumors and all, associated with radiation...

(if we could only follow the health, life, of those brave Japanese nuclear plant workers who faught bravely to contain that place, while wadeing through all the radiated water)....

Wouldn't you like to know the condition they're in now?
But that's a side issue...

Ok, where were we...yes...thats what discover does though...you set off on one path, but get side tracked trying to prove a negitave or positive...

And as a scientifically minded human...or a attorney cross examining a witness....I must often ask tough questions, that at the time may seem irrelovent, but once the total body of evidence is put together...it will all make sense..and bring better clarity to the whole picture...

In other words there's many factors that effect whether man went to the moon or not other than dots on the surface...

We do know many unmanned spacecraft have been there...so who's to say those unmanned space craft did not leave 'garbage' up there...or dot's...

So I'm trying to be a good investigator by doing my research...and as a result am discovering all sorts of neat things along the way...
You should learn how to spell before doing any more posting

I know you've probably forgotten what the topic is for this thread after posting so much drivel but here it is:

NASA Probe enters lunar orbit'...I'm tired of the excuses, if man really landed there, I want visual proof!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,610,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
That's exactly right, and that's what the Radiation Assessment Detector aboard the MSL "Curiosity" is for, to determine how much radiation risk to humans is involved with long space missions. If the risk is higher than what can be considered reasonably safe, what kind of shielding, as well as suit design, would block or reduce exposure so astronauts will be safe.

Also, think about it...

All those so called 'alien' creatures from the 50's and 60's or 'greys'...

Think about what I'm about to share very carefully...it has not ever been shared or suggested anywhere else...

What have we learned about over exposure to radiation so far?, amongst other effects, it has the ability to 'effect chromosomal' replication...it disrupts the DNA process...

Now think about this...
Back before our scientist truly understood this, and were very reckless in regards to safety and long term effects, or simply did not care....is it possible that some of these so called 'greys'...so called aliens falling from space...were indeed former astronauts???

Before you scoff...please consider everything we have learned up to this point...(well maybe you already knew, but that i've learned)...

In the early years of science, man was reckless, cause he was playing around with compounds, unleashing power, he didn't quite understand...I mean heck in the Nevada desert they use to set off nuclear bombs, and invite people like it was a picnic....(without any protection)

So who's to say secret government scientist, did not experiement with the effects of radiation on men...by sending some prisoner up there...for months, and bringing them back...

To which they would fall to earth with a molecularly changed body, do to prolonged exposure from radiation...

And this could explain why often these so called 'greys' are always lifeless and 'dead' when found or observed...

These greys could be former humans...who were sent into space...yes no?

Just think about that please...

Old 01-03-2012, 09:23 PM

16,308 posts, read 25,262,012 times
The topic is; 'NASA Probe enters lunar orbit'...I'm tired of the excuses, if man really landed there, I want visual proof!

Quote:
Ok, check this out...

1. electromagnetic waves
2. atomic nuclei
And yet you take the thread you started completely off topic. Why?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 PM

Besides the fact this thread contains the only poll that is 100% in agreement it also has the distinction of being the only thread ever hijacked by it's owner, not once but several times

But wait a minute, I'll have to do additional research on that....

Hopefully the OP will soon start posting in /dev/null/Science_and_Technology (HINT)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or