Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
And with that statement Ladies and Gentlemen we see the true ignorance of the OP.
plwhit...people don't come on here to here your opinion about me...

The come on here to learn...

If they want Jerry Springer they'll tune into his show...

don't assume everyone processes information the way you do...

You seem to have this Facist idea about science...that everyone must march a certain way, everyone must get in line and goose step...and if they don't...round them up...

You don't think people who read this, can't see that being displayed?

Sorry, but I have an independent mind...and don't have to preclude anything simply 'cause that's the way it is'....

Continue to march along in formation...but I choose to go down a side street and explore...and bring people new fresh ideas....

And again...instead of making a disparange comment about google maps clarity vs space satellites...why don't you simply explain where I'm wrong?

Do you know how much more constructive that would be?

You really give scientist this grouchy, self rightious image...

Old 01-04-2012, 12:49 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Was anyone else as overwhelmed and humbled when the OP deigned to share one of his/her/it's precious nuggets of knowledge with us?
To think that in minutes of research the OP has discovered something that has eluded hundreds of experts for decades who have been investigating the effects of radiation on DNA.

Truly we should all cower and genuflect at this mighty intelligence amongst us.
He managed to do the same thing regarding mountains/valleys/canyons in another thread.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:50 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I said and meant that I wanted visual proof from these new probes...

I want new current time visual proof from these new probes up there now, from the ones currently orbiting the moon...

That's what I meant...

But I guess until google map, sends on of it's satellites up there...I doubt I'll ever get it...

I guess google map, is more advanced than NASA....
That's not what you said before.

You demanded pictures and then when people told you about the probes you immediately fired off that they could be faked in the digital age. You have ALL the bases covered.

But don't worry, we knew from the start the old "I'm just here to learn more and ask questions" spiel is a load of horse crap.

The door is that way >>>>>>>>>>

Old 01-04-2012, 01:01 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
but I choose to go down a side street and explore...and bring people new fresh ideas....
Awesome. Bring one. I'll wait.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:33 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:

You seem to have this Facist idea about science...that everyone must march a certain way, everyone must get in line and goose step...and if they don't...round them up...

You don't think people who read this, can't see that being displayed?

Sorry, but I have an independent mind...and don't have to preclude anything simply 'cause that's the way it is'....

Continue to march along in formation...but I choose to go down a side street and explore...and bring people new fresh ideas....

And again...instead of making a disparange comment about google maps clarity vs space satellites...why don't you simply explain where I'm wrong?

Do you know how much more constructive that would be?

You really give scientist this grouchy, self rightious image...
Still can't spell, still think you are the brightest light bulb in the chandelier and the only "fresh new idea" you have shown us is that it is possible for someone to create a poll that for three solid days was in 100% agreement.

Last edited by plwhit; 01-04-2012 at 02:18 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 06:40 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
I wonder where the one "No" vote came from.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:21 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
but I choose to go down a side street and explore...and bring people new fresh ideas....
Oops, a dead end! Dang!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:

First your lack of command of the English language brings into question education or intelligence. Review your homophones (Google it if I lost you), it will help you come across as someone that has progressed beyond middle school.

Trust me, no one is following your threads to learn, no one.

Is Jerry Springer your favorite show, it must be for you to mention it so often? Do you TIVO episodes so you won't miss any?

True, not every thinks as plwhit does, just the vast majority.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:48 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Oops, a dead end! Dang!

Dead end your right...a dead in with them, it's like being in a scary movie, sorounded by zombies...zombies who can't read or comprehend things...

So they feed off of my intelligence...
I just wish they would scat...scram...leave...parties over, ok...

I only want distinguished guests, from here on out...

I mean I've already told them where the proof lies...
It lies within the bodies of the astronauts themselves...

If indeed they went into space, and were exposed to electromagnetic waves and atomic nuclei...it will be detectable in their tissue...
Radiation is accumilative...so the levels never deminish...

So instead of that one astronaut hitting that guy, he should of instead submitted to a lab test...to settle it...

Another thing you can do is look up the rate of cancer amongst former apollo astronauts...theoreticaly, it should be higher than the general populations...since their exposure was much higher and intense...

I conclude with The proof is in the bodies of the former astronauts....Kapeesh?

Now be gone...disperse...go play, do something...but your input is no longer needed here...

Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Dead end your right...a dead in with them, it's like being in a scary movie, sorounded by zombies...zombies who can't read or comprehend things...
So they feed off of my intelligence...
I just wish they would scat...scram...leave...parties over, ok...

I only want distinguished guests, from here on out...

I mean I've already told them where the proof lies...
It lies within the bodies of the astronauts themselves...

If indeed they went into space, and were exposed to electromagnetic waves and atomic nuclei...it will be detectable in their tissue...
Radiation is accumilative...so the levels never deminish...

So instead of that one astronaut hitting that guy, he should of instead submitted to a lab test...to settle it...

Another thing you can do is look up the rate of cancer amongst former apollo astronauts...theoreticaly, it should be higher than the general populations...since their exposure was much higher and intense...

I conclude with The proof is in the bodies of the former astronauts....Kapeesh?

Now be gone...disperse...go play, do something...but your input is no longer needed here...
The easiest way you should proceed is get in your vehicle and drive off to NASA in Houston with your Earth shattering discoveries and lay out the test program you want to perform on the lunar astronauts.

I'm sure once NASA management has seen you earth-shattering results they will immediately give you a building with a staff of probably 100 scientists and a starting budget of $100,000,000.00 To analyze the DNA in the lunar astronauts.

And while your there at NASA make sure you tell them about the inferior quality of the LEO pictures, that even google earth does better. That should get you more converts to your side....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space