U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2012, 12:16 AM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,710 times
Reputation: 3318

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
plwhit
And perhaps you would like to share with us the location of all the proper-resolution photographs which we dont get to see?

India and China are both countries which have sent a space ship to the Moon and never released the photographs they took. Without the proper photographs the people of the world paid for, the mission is NOT complete. India took over 40,000 and so maybe you can tell me where these are now please? China has released some press release photographs and then nothing else. Japan too but they released some HD footage which is amazingly poor for HD quality. anyway...

What did the space shuttle do for each of its 10-17-day missions to the ISS? I mean we can hardly call the ISS a hotel in space can we? Just as some kind of perspective, it takes about 4 days to get to the moon so they could have gone there and back twice in the time it takes for a longer shuttle mission, but all of them are about 10 days+. Where did all the fresh food go that they took up there - there was tons of the stuff, far more than 5 people in the ISS will ever eat. No, if you look at all the different facts and put them together I am firmly of the belief that there is more to this space thing than we are being told about. I am not trying to convince anyone else to believe this way.

Somehow, I dont think you have a satisfactory answer to questions like these.

There will be no space station on the Moon since the favourite at the moment is Mars (for whatever emotional reason which defies logic). Logic says that the Moon is closer and we can get to our men quicker if anything goes wrong. With Mars, they will all be definitely dead by the time help arrives. I have not heard any reasonable reason why we are not shooting for the moon rather than Mars - other than Mars is sexier and more in fashion. Moon is supposed to be old hat.
Erm,

Images of Moon from Chandrayaan-1

The rest of your rant is not worth responding to because you could find satisfactory answers to your questions with about five minutes' worth of google searches. The above took me all of ten seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2012, 06:39 AM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,654,908 times
Reputation: 7645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
plwhit
And perhaps you would like to share with us the location of all the proper-resolution photographs which we dont get to see?

India and China are both countries which have sent a space ship to the Moon and never released the photographs they took. Without the proper photographs the people of the world paid for, the mission is NOT complete. India took over 40,000 and so maybe you can tell me where these are now please? China has released some press release photographs and then nothing else. Japan too but they released some HD footage which is amazingly poor for HD quality. anyway...

What did the space shuttle do for each of its 10-17-day missions to the ISS? I mean we can hardly call the ISS a hotel in space can we? Just as some kind of perspective, it takes about 4 days to get to the moon so they could have gone there and back twice in the time it takes for a longer shuttle mission, but all of them are about 10 days+. Where did all the fresh food go that they took up there - there was tons of the stuff, far more than 5 people in the ISS will ever eat. No, if you look at all the different facts and put them together I am firmly of the belief that there is more to this space thing than we are being told about. I am not trying to convince anyone else to believe this way.

Somehow, I dont think you have a satisfactory answer to questions like these.

There will be no space station on the Moon since the favourite at the moment is Mars (for whatever emotional reason which defies logic). Logic says that the Moon is closer and we can get to our men quicker if anything goes wrong. With Mars, they will all be definitely dead by the time help arrives. I have not heard any reasonable reason why we are not shooting for the moon rather than Mars - other than Mars is sexier and more in fashion. Moon is supposed to be old hat.
I asked you for a simple answer to your allegation, no need to deflect and make people put on their Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies...



Oh, and BTW, still waiting for your explanation on who "THEY" are....

<queue Twilight Zone Theme>

These guys?



These guys?



These guys?



Or these?


Last edited by plwhit; 01-28-2012 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 AM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,654,908 times
Reputation: 7645
It is time for us to sit back and reflect on what some people want to turn the Science and Technology forum into:


Twilight Zone Original Theme Music Intro - 1962 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 03:58 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950
orogenicman - a page of images of the Indian mission to the Moon is pathetic and if you think this will satisfy the science community who are waiting for the proper image data, then you obviously do not appreciate how it works.

Scientists use the images to discover new geological features and to explain and back up their hypotheses. They refer to these images in their reports and scientific papers. Like I said originally, we are all still waiting for the bulk of the 40,000 pieces of image data from that mission, however, there have been releases of instrument data to the PDS.

Quote:
I asked you for a simple answer to your allegation, no need to deflect and make people put on their Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies...
plwhit - Very fashionable hat. I hope you enjoy wearing it. As you probably know, radio waves are often stopped by faraday cages and to a certain extent by metal cages so why not hats? (do you have a microwave oven? It uses the same technology to keep the microwaves inside the oven.)

"They" are non-humans.

Maybe we can discuss why we have leapfrogged the Moon in favour of Mars and why the Moon has been abandoned for such a long time. Why are our space agencies bringing this up now when they have ignored it for so long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,654,908 times
Reputation: 7645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
"They" are non-humans.
This is the Science and Technology forum, not Comedy Central.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950
haha I think you are so funny.

Now, rather than weido-bashing, getting back to the thread topic. Perhaps you have some interesting things to say about it. Do you?
Quote:
Maybe we can discuss why we have leapfrogged the Moon in favour of Mars and why the Moon has been abandoned for such a long time. Why are our space agencies bringing this up now when they have ignored it for so long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 11:36 AM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,654,908 times
Reputation: 7645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
haha I think you are so funny.

Now, rather than weido-bashing, getting back to the thread topic. Perhaps you have some interesting things to say about it. Do you?
I am the OP of this thread and stated what I thought of an international effort to colonize the moon in it.

As I previously mentioned, UFO's, little green men, aliens and "they" belong in the Politics and Other Controversies or Jokes forum.

Am truly sorry that you think of yourself as a weirdo, I wasn't bashing you in that other post.

You have my sympathy and I hope you get some professional help for your condition.

Last edited by plwhit; 01-30-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,710 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
orogenicman - a page of images of the Indian mission to the Moon is pathetic and if you think this will satisfy the science community who are waiting for the proper image data, then you obviously do not appreciate how it works.
I am 100% certain that if you have a specific area that you are interested in, and make a request to India's space agency in charge of the probe, they would be more than happy to release the photo and any other data to you for a nominal price. After all, they are not NASA, and expect to get paid for their work. Other agencies do the same thing. THAT is how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
10,959 posts, read 23,505,130 times
Reputation: 5321
Is Russia 100% serious about doing this and ok working with NASA and the EU space program and taking on 1/3RD of the costs and risks to do this?

If they are 100% committed to the project... well... Then I say having all 3 space programs working towards 1 Single Goal makes alot of sense and increases the chances for sucess many more times than a single space Capable Super Power country trying to do it on thier own.

I would also see if Japan's space program would like to join up and get involved also as they have alot of sucess in their space program also and they are a fellow allied westren nation.

I am sure us Canadians would have no problem with our CDN Govronment giving NASA some Canadian tax payer funding to come in as a smaller partner nation and join the US/NASA effort..

I mean if we are going to do this lets do this Right and do it in a way that the Costs and Risks of it are evenly spread between eveyone involved..

Last edited by GTOlover; 01-30-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,710 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Is Russia 100% serious about doing this and ok working with NASA and the EU space program and taking on 1/3RD of the costs and risks to do this?

If they are 100% committed to the project... well... Then I say having all 3 space programs working towards 1 Single Goal makes alot of sense and increases the chances for sucess many more times than a single space Capable Super Power country trying to do it on thier own.

I would also see if Japan's space program would like to join up and get involved also as they have alot of sucess in their space program also and they are a fellow allied westren nation.

I am sure us Canadians would have no problem with our CDN Govronment giving NASA some Canadian tax payer funding to come in as a smaller partner nation and join the US/NASA effort..

I mean if we are going to do this lets do this Right and do it in a way that the Costs and Risks of it are evenly spread between eveyone involved..
I say the more the merrier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top