U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:26 PM

1,494 posts, read 943,135 times

Advertisements

Human and Other higher primates(chimpanzee, Gorilla, orangatangs) DNA is very similar, actually all mammals DNA code is very similar. Other higher primates also have capabilities to use tools like humans. So I fear that aliens had no hand in alerting our DNA code. We as humans are already altering the DNA code, and making evolution happen much much much faster...........Humans in not so distant future will make our form of humanity look like a group of chimps....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM

10,463 posts, read 8,459,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Humans in not so distant future will make our form of humanity look like a group of chimps....
which is why we should wreck things now for them in order to teach them a lesson.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM

1,494 posts, read 943,135 times
LOL....bring on the huns...........

Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 AM

3,252 posts, read 3,072,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Human and Other higher primates(chimpanzee, Gorilla, orangatangs) DNA is very similar, actually all mammals DNA code is very similar. Other higher primates also have capabilities to use tools like humans. So I fear that aliens had no hand in alerting our DNA code. We as humans are already altering the DNA code, and making evolution happen much much much faster...........Humans in not so distant future will make our form of humanity look like a group of chimps....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Medicine is a wonderful field. (I have worked in it for 17 years). It saves countless lives, and improves the quality of life for many. However, it also goes against Darwinism, and I believe, for the long haul, is not necessarily doing our species any good. People that had genetic defects 100 years ago, back to the formation of man,would not have survived. Now, through medicine, they can procreate and potentially add to the population of those that have the same genetic defect.
Personally, I believe that humans are actually devolving. Only through their intellectual capacity have they been able to survive up to this point. I feel that their physical capabilities have diminished. JMHO.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 AM

1,881 posts, read 969,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Medicine is a wonderful field. (I have worked in it for 17 years). It saves countless lives, and improves the quality of life for many. However, it also goes against Darwinism, and I believe, for the long haul, is not necessarily doing our species any good. People that had genetic defects 100 years ago, back to the formation of man,would not have survived. Now, through medicine, they can procreate and potentially add to the population of those that have the same genetic defect.
Personally, I believe that humans are actually devolving. Only through their intellectual capacity have they been able to survive up to this point. I feel that their physical capabilities have diminished. JMHO.
Didn't ancient humans have denser bones than modern humans? I also remember a story about a man who tried to live how he believed stone age humans would have lived, with a similar caloric intake and amount of excercise, and he concluded it is now impossible.

Thankfully we seem to be needing our genetically inherited traits less and less also. Far more important is luck regarding where we grew up, what we learn, and what we strive to learn, so far.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 AM

38,755 posts, read 39,209,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
If you are not referring to the ones in DC.

Do you believe in the Ancient Astronaut Theory?
Basically some scientist believe aliens (ET) helped us develop as a civilization in the past. They showed up in the past and helped create the pyramids, and other landmarks around the world, and with scientific advancements etc.
Some believe stayed around.

Just wondering because normally when I read arguments like yours it's followed by referring to the ancient astronaut theory.

It's a TV show I think on the history channel that is dedicated to that stuff, it's been airing for about 2-3 years now.

Pretty Interesting.
I'm a little bit incredulous that aliens capable of trans-galactic travel came here, and the most useful thing they could show us how to do was lift ceremonial rocks.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:01 AM

57 posts, read 143,053 times
100 years or even 1000 years from now is not going to be that much different than things are today. Maybe more of an expansion of tech but that is about it. Nothing completely amazing like in science fiction books.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,515,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HstoryBooks View Post
100 years or even 1000 years from now is not going to be that much different than things are today. Maybe more of an expansion of tech but that is about it. Nothing completely amazing like in science fiction books.
100 years ago could you have breakfast in NYC and have Dinner the same day in California?

Old 02-16-2012, 10:01 AM

88 posts, read 90,712 times
You guys are not realizing that just because something is impossible for us, doesn't mean it can't be done. Sure there are stars 500 light years away...how do we know that there isn't a fast way to get there? We don't know because we haven't discovered it yet. What if aliens are here and hiding from us using a technology that we could never even think possible? Do you think 200 years ago they would think we would be in space, holding a PHONE in our hands that is more powerful that most computers? No.

We can only explain things that we know about. We don't know how to get to the closest star, so we think "ok it will take us 500 years to get there if we go at the speed of light so that means it will take them 500 years" You are not thinking about the possibility of them being far more advanced than us, millions of years more advanced, and knowing how to travel there in a way that is faster than light. Maybe the faster way to travel isnt to go forward...but to bend time? We don't know, and will not know for a very long time.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:25 PM

57 posts, read 143,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
100 years ago could you have breakfast in NYC and have Dinner the same day in California?

Jets have been around since the 1940s. People are still going to be flying in Jets in 100 years and in 1000 years from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space