U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-06-2012, 01:48 AM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,198 times
Reputation: 3318

Advertisements

Here is my Venus Transit Video. I'm still waiting to upload the file to youtube, so for now you will have to click on the link below, download the file, and then run it in windows media player. It is only 1.4 mbytes, and is virus safe:

Venus_Slideshow3.wmv - 4shared.com - file sharing - download movie file
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2012, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
17,825 posts, read 20,501,852 times
Reputation: 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Here is my Venus Transit Video. I'm still waiting to upload the file to youtube, so for now you will have to click on the link below, download the file, and then run it in windows media player. It is only 1.4 mbytes, and is virus safe:

Venus_Slideshow3.wmv - 4shared.com - file sharing - download movie file
Only members are allowed to view your video. Upload it to YouTube if you want to share it with the public. I have no interest in joining 4shared.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,198 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Only members are allowed to view your video. Upload it to YouTube if you want to share it with the public. I have no interest in joining 4shared.com.
This is not true. You do not have to be a member to view the video. You don't even have to be a member to download it. And dude, you don't get to tell me what to do with my property. If you don't have any interest in viewing it, friggin don't. No one is twisting your arm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,825 posts, read 13,966,567 times
Reputation: 8068
Some people are so GD touchy on this website! Come on...

Glitch wasn't even remotely rude and you jump on him. Really? It was a suggestion, not a demand.
And I agree with him.
I cannot view or download your video without signing up either. If it takes me more then 60 seconds how to view your video without logging in.. sorry... I just lost interest...

Put it on YouTube. What's the big deal? Not TELLING you what to do with your stuff. Just a suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
17,825 posts, read 20,501,852 times
Reputation: 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
This is not true. You do not have to be a member to view the video. You don't even have to be a member to download it. And dude, you don't get to tell me what to do with my property. If you don't have any interest in viewing it, friggin don't. No one is twisting your arm.
It is true. Selecting the video or the download button pops up a dialog asking the user to log-in or join 4share.com. And nobody is telling you what to do with your property. By posting it on a public forum, one would logically surmise that you wanted to share the video with the public. Obviously that was never your intent. You clearly posted the link to ensure that nobody could view it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,198 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is true. Selecting the video or the download button pops up a dialog asking the user to log-in or join 4share.com. And nobody is telling you what to do with your property. By posting it on a public forum, one would logically surmise that you wanted to share the video with the public. Obviously that was never your intent. You clearly posted the link to ensure that nobody could view it.

Glitch, I've been using that site for years, and have shared files there with many people. It may ask you to join, but you don't have to join to access the file. Anyone here, INCLUDING YOU can access that file on that site, free of charge and without having to join. If you are having problems understanding how the site works, simply ask a question, and I would be happy to answer it. I have also posted the link on other forums, and the people at those forums are not having a problem gaining free access to it. In fact, you are the only one complaining, which tells me that you don't know what you are doing. Now, either figure it out, ask a question, or else go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 AM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,198 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Some people are so GD touchy on this website! Come on...

Glitch wasn't even remotely rude and you jump on him. Really? It was a suggestion, not a demand.
And I agree with him.
I cannot view or download your video without signing up either. If it takes me more then 60 seconds how to view your video without logging in.. sorry... I just lost interest...

Put it on YouTube. What's the big deal? Not TELLING you what to do with your stuff. Just a suggestion.
The big deal is that I've been trying to upload it to youtube for most of the morning, and it just sits there with 0% progress in the upload. Which is why I posted it on my file sharing site. So obviously you tube is having an issue. I don't know why you are having trouble accessing the file. Others are not having this trouble, and I've used it to share files many times wihtout incident. I will investigate the problem and get back to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 08:06 PM
 
3,426 posts, read 2,791,198 times
Reputation: 3318
For those who could not access my earlier video link, here is a youtube link to the video:


Venus_Slideshow3a.avi - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 AM
 
40,218 posts, read 41,815,454 times
Reputation: 16767
Cool, I would have just posted the images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Glitch, I've been using that site for years, and have shared files there with many people. It may ask you to join, but you don't have to join to access the file. Anyone here, INCLUDING YOU can access that file on that site, free of charge and without having to join.
Clicking the play button gives you dialog box askin you to sign up, clicking the download button directs you to another page suggesting you sign up to view the video. Unless it's hidden real well there is no way to view that video.


Quote:
The big deal is that I've been trying to upload it to youtube for most of the morning, and it just sits there with 0% progress in the upload.
It's .avi extension, if that's uncompressed .avi the file will be huge as in a few GB's per minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 10,681,647 times
Reputation: 3126
What type of rig you got? That was a cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top