Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times

Advertisements

Why are you yelling? It makes you look like an idiot.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Again I think the best argument by far about this is the one I originally posted. People would suggest we didn't have the tech to make moon landing. For that to be true we would need the tech to fake it. You can't have it both ways....

Old 12-02-2013, 10:37 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight12am View Post
one question

Why haven't private companies done or been allowed to take people to the moon yet? Like actually land on the moon and walk around?

Answer: ?

You can't tell me that many people wouldn't pay for it... or there isn't a demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Waddaya mean, allowed? Private companies are perfectly within their rights to launch rockets - private satellite launches happen all the time - and the Moon is under nobody's jurisidiction.

That's exactly what I can tell you. The pricetag puts it beyond private means.
Dane, we may not agree on some things, but I tend to agree with you on the demand for moon travel, and what it costs to send passengers there. It's not something an average consumer could afford, and with current space transport technology it's just not feasible. Maybe a billionaire would want to get to the moon and experience walking around the surface with low gravity just for fun, and watch the earth rise from the moon, but that still might not be something a billionaire would want to waste his/her valuable financial resources on. Maybe when space transport technology becomes as main-stream as the aviation/commercial air travel industry, if that'll ever happen, but certainly not now.

There is a company that wants to transport people to Mars to establish a colony on there, and I'm sure that wouldn't be a cheap project.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Why are you yelling? It makes you look like an idiot.
HE WASN'T YELLING......that's just the voices.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:58 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
'Fake' Apollo Moon Landing Photo Claims To Show Proof The Mission Was A Hoax

Quote:
Almost 50 years after man walked on the moon, the “giant leap for mankind” is under the microscope once again – with conspiracy theorists convinced they have proof one of the moon landings was fake.

A picture allegedly taken in December 1972 of the final Apollo 17 moon mission has been shared online, and shows what one YouTuber believes is the reflection of a “stagehand” in the helmet of one of the astronauts.
Apollo moon landing 'fake' photo excites conspiracy fans | Daily Mail Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=771BCym46JE

Old 11-22-2017, 01:21 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Rather than trying to prove the Moon landing was a fake. Tell us why it matters now after all this time and what can be done about it now?

It seems to me as if it is is all tied up in disclosure and there are too many people who have gone along with the Big Lie for them to admit it now.

Think of the billions of dollars wasted. Think of the millions of people who would want revenge for telling us lies. As they said in the 2013 Citizens Hearing, we should go for an amnesty and 'forgive' anything which has been in the past. Now, we need to move forward to a better future for all.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:47 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
...It seems to me as if it is is all tied up in disclosure and there are too many people who have gone along with the Big Lie for them to admit it now...
Hilarious!!!!! Those of us who actually have a background in science just get tired of responding to the ostriches.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:48 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times
and the earth is flat.. .. no wonder its always the "stupid" that aliens visit..

Old 11-22-2017, 05:05 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Hilarious!!!!! Those of us who actually have a background in science just get tired of responding to the ostriches.
Seriously,you’d think Russia would have outed us by now if we hadn’t really gone.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:02 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Wow! you have obviously run out of things to say about the original topic. This is such a sad situation when a certain set of people have to find nit-pickings to comment on. Why bother? Obviously cannot just let it go if you dont agree with it. I did not even comment on the original Moon landing hoax subject.

A huge portion of the population thinks the government is hiding something when it comes to space travel. To a greater of lesser extent. Some believe the Moon landing was hoaxed, and some believe the government has developed an alternative antigravity space program which facilitated the Moon landing.

So, it seems you, Dirt Grinder are trying to fight a losing battle against (possibly) the majority.

I would suggest that it is not these others, the ones you are responding to, who are ostriches, but the people who continue to support the governments line of thinking. They are the ones with their heads in the sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space