Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 11:00 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,364,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Why would anyone believe NASA lies?
By this, do you mean?

1) Why would anyone believe that NASA tells lies?

-or-

2) Why would anyone believe the lies that NASA tells?

It can be taken both ways, though the meanings of the questions are entirely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 11:16 AM

11,016 posts, read 5,975,337 times
1) Why would anyone believe that NASA tells lies?

Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We do have a pretty good idea of the landing sites - we can bounce lasers off the reflectors they left up there. NASA people are pretty damn smart when it comes to knowing where things are, where they will be, and how to get there.

Actually - Apollo 11's flag was knocked over by the exhaust from the ascent engine. Bad news is, the flags are likely to be white now - UV radiation on the moon's surface is fierce.

Not that it matters. State of the art for Earth-based telescopes are as described in my post above.
Users First they ask me to engineer a telescope capable of seeing US flag on the moon. Now they tell me the flag was knocked over and is covered by a layer of space dust !

I think we will need to go back to the moon and set the flag there.

How else do you suppose we will test my telescope ?

Old 09-10-2015, 12:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Why do you believe that man didn't really go to the moon? Don't you think that man is capable of doing so? On what do you base that opinion? Can you provide a well thought out reason for your opinion instead of just making a baseless denial? Will you even reply to this post?
What is funny about this argument is they will insist the technology did not exist to get to the moon.

What they fail to realize is that the technology to fake it did not exist.

This guy is funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU

Old 09-10-2015, 01:00 AM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Users First they ask me to engineer a telescope capable of seeing US flag on the moon. Now they tell me the flag was knocked over and is covered by a layer of space dust !

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to call
the man in the moon to set it up
for you...phone 1-800-moon-1

Old 09-10-2015, 01:25 AM

11,016 posts, read 5,975,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
What is funny about this argument is they will insist the technology did not exist to get to the moon.

What they fail to realize is that the technology to fake it did not exist.

This guy is funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU
Yep, this guy is funny. He's brilliant!

The way I figure it, to create the vacuum in which the fake moon flag could be planted so as to 'flap' like that would in itself be an awesome undertaking, I mean this vacuum chamber would have to be pretty large to have those astronauts and camera men and the sandy landscape all fitting in. Nah, I think it would far easier and cheaper to just go to the bloody moon and do the real thing! Then they wouldn't need to kill all those people involved just to keep it a secret.

Funny thing is, I said that before watching the video!

Last edited by 303Guy; 09-10-2015 at 01:44 AM..

Old 09-10-2015, 01:43 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,861,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
...The way I figure it, to create the vacuum in which the fake moon flag could be planted so as to 'flap' like that would in itself be an awesome undertaking, I mean this vacuum chamber would have to be pretty large to have those astronauts and camera men and the sandy landscape all fitting in. Nah, I think it would far easier and cheaper to just go to the bloody moon and do the real thing! Then they wouldn't need to kill all those people involved just to keep it a secret...
Occam's Razor

Old 09-10-2015, 02:03 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,622,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Why would anyone who believes NASA lies trust their photoshops anyway ?
There are very few people dumb enough to believe that NASA lies, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:31 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post

You're a programmer, aren't you? "We need one known flag to make sure the algorithm terminates."

Old 09-10-2015, 08:54 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,646 times
UFO's. Just angels travelling in orbs .. You will being travelling at warp someday when you kick off should be a hoot!!! The flag on the moon is cool ,but blow up Orion ( if possible in HD) and identify 10 images our group nearly had a cow!!! Refer to Hubble pics!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space