Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:31 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

I realise that some folks dont want to recognize the existence of other being in our solar system.

However, here I have to point out a structure which looks decidedly unnatural. I would suggest these planets are already inhabited by beings who are both intelligent and who have very different biology to ours. Otherwise they could not live on such (so we are told) inhospitable places.

If you feel you can explain the first circled example, I would love to hear it because to me, this looks almost definitely something not produced by the natural landscape on an uninhabited and inhospitable planet.

First of all, the originals are here.
stitched photos
individual photos

I have cut out some examples of this existence of these intelligent beings in the following sections

and two more which are not so obvious perhaps but I think there are signs of some mining, pipes, or civilisation structures.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 06:11 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times
They also found a face on Mars which, after being photographed with better technology, turned out to be a normal mountain.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:33 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
This certainly doesn't belong in the "Science and Technology" forum.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
This certainly doesn't belong in the "Science and Technology" forum.
Yes, it is rather in-your-face isn't it?

However, it is the subject of Space and it is a regular looking structure, so discuss it. Science should be open minded enough to talk about things which appear unusual.

Scientists are discussing lights in a crater on Ceres, so why not this structure on Pluto? I suspect you have no other explanation, but surprise me and give me your opinion on what it migt be.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:13 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,167,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, it is rather in-your-face isn't it?

However, it is the subject of Space and it is a regular looking structure, so discuss it. Science should be open minded enough to talk about things which appear unusual.

Scientists are discussing lights in a crater on Ceres, so why not this structure on Pluto? I suspect you have no other explanation, but surprise me and give me your opinion on what it migt be.
It's a random geologic feature. Yes, those do happen. Look at the Giant's Causeway. If some alien life form looked at it from a telescope, they'd think lifeforms created it, but it's a completely natural rock formation. Same with this, nothing more.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
It's a random geologic feature. Yes, those do happen. Look at the Giant's Causeway. If some alien life form looked at it from a telescope, they'd think lifeforms created it, but it's a completely natural rock formation. Same with this, nothing more.
That is an interesting response too. So, everything you see in these 3 different images are "random geologic features"?

I feel that maybe 70% of folks looking at this circled area would like to know more about it, what science thinks it is, and would like to continue to think about what it could be.

This is a foreign world and where anything is possible. Just because we have been told and continue to be told by people such as yourself, that these are just natural formations, does not mean they are. It is likely (yes I said likely=probable) that other civilisations exist out there and even in our solar system, but some folks just wont have it - even as a possibility.

So, to me, I find it interesting no-one yet wants to discuss this, but everyone wants to deny its existence.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:17 PM

[sarcasm]Yes, shut this thread down. It might make the people think for themselves and not spend all their day watching TV.[/sarcasm]

This kind of thread should stand for itself and be a subject for discussion not for pseudo-scientists jumping all over it like they have already. Same ones as usual too.

I have presented a perfectly reasonable suggestion of what may or may not be unnatural structures appearing in a NASA image. I have given links to official images and I have not changed the image from the original apart from its size. There is nothing wrong with what I have done and I have posted correctly in the correct place.

It seems that no-one can do anything but take the mickey out of this thread which only goes to show how much some folks do not want to acknowledge anything out of the ordinary. As soon as something appears which challenges their beliefs, they scream and shout for the thread to be moved to a place which is not taken so seriously.

It is really sad that CD cannot discuss a serious thread like grown adults.
Sad really really sad.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:43 PM

So far there are none who are bold enough to show any geologic features here on Earth which appear like this. If you believe this is a natural formation, then show me examples of similar shaped natural features here. I think you would be hard pressed to find something in Nature which looked like this made out of rock. On the other hand, I can probably find a man-made structure which looks similar, and this is my point of the thread.

Most people who have commeted seem to be skirting around the main issue. No-one is discussing the features in the image, you are only talking about whether this post should be here in this forum or saying you think the image shows natural structures.

Back up your opinions with examples or evidence to give some weight to your argument. Otherwise you are blowing hot air without any substance to your arguments. If you want this to be a science forum, then apply some scientific methods yourself and show me why I am mistaken because your opinions are not good enough.

Discuss the subject of the post, not the poster please.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:30 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So far there are none who are bold enough to show any geologic features here on Earth which appear like this. If you believe this is a natural formation, then show me examples of similar shaped natural features here. I think you would be hard pressed to find something in Nature which looked like this made out of rock. On the other hand, I can probably find a man-made structure which looks similar, and this is my point of the thread.
Well you're asking non-experts to clarify and look up info for you, you will surely be very successful with this many geologists ready to answer doubts for you.
Google will surely give me results if I search up "Blurry pictures of mountains that look like spiders"

All I know is that Pluto is covered in glaziers (made of different components to those found on Earth) volcanoes and geysers. I don't know **** about it's weather, which contributes to the landscape by eroding the rock. All I can say is, maybe comparing to Earth isn't the smartest move, because conditions are different.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:08 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Well damn, guys, no need to be THAT rude.

As to your first picture, you really think that looks like a structure? I mean I suppose I could see how you might think that but it could certainly be something natural.
As to your other pics... I have no clue what you are seeing there?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space