U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:01 AM

3,262 posts, read 3,369,306 times

Advertisements

I realise these kind of threads are not popular on CD, however, in spite of what we are told, I 100% believe we are not alone in our Solar System.

I want to present what appears to be a massive pipeline on the Moon surface. It appears to go in front(above) two craters and appears to run for miles.

Maybe someone can suggest what else it could be on a lifeless moon which has not been volcanically active for quite a while. Anything which has been there for years would have been destroyed by micro meteors or radiation.

lunar orbiter 4 official NASA page

The context image is taken from the right hand side of the original 4134_h3 image and shows the right border. The pipeline cut is taken from beneath the larger of the two craters.

Shows pipeline going from upper left to middle bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 09:07 PM

12,446 posts, read 11,249,207 times
You should take some physics and science courses.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:09 PM

14,600 posts, read 9,081,034 times
We are 100% alone in the solar system.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:24 PM

18,580 posts, read 55,510,434 times
More importantly, why is there an image in the first picture on the right hand side of a woman in a bathing cap and goggles?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
You should take some physics and science courses.
Really glad you could come and comment so intelligently. When something is presented which does not make sense, we should investigate NOT trying to close down the questioner with ridicule and derision. It makes you look like you are not open to answers but only focused on stopping questions being asked.

Just for a moment, suppose I had studied physics and astronomy, what would that tell me about these images? What does physics and astrophysics tell me about how I should be interpreting these ?

I was asking the question in such a way as to receive wisdom from those more advanced in relevant sciences. If I am wrong in my assuption that this is some kind of pipe-like structure according to the image eviidence, then please show me why and where I am wrong in my thinking?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
More importantly, why is there an image in the first picture on the right hand side of a woman in a bathing cap and goggles?
I would have expected a 500$ winner to make posts which are both helpful and enlightening. Of course sometimes it might be necessary to make jokes, but maybe intelligently add to the discussion on the thread as well.

Otherwise it makes me wonder what is the point of awarding these prizes to people who have the time to post one-liners but not the time to be constructive.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:32 AM

18,580 posts, read 55,510,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I would have expected a 500$ winner to make posts which are both helpful and enlightening. Of course sometimes it might be necessary to make jokes, but maybe intelligently add to the discussion on the thread as well.

Otherwise it makes me wonder what is the point of awarding these prizes to people who have the time to post one-liners but not the time to be constructive.
Uhhh, I would have expected the candidates for President of the United States to be constructive... Once you sort that out, and the whole reason why we got stuck here instead of with the Vogons, carrying a towel, then I'll be happy to entertain your whinging about why I was singled out to get a few shekels.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:02 AM

28,648 posts, read 40,627,244 times
Sigh. A pipeline. Pipeline. p-p-p-p-p-ipe-line.

You will receive no answers "from those more advanced in relevant sciences" that satisfy your need for information because they are not going to respond to a fantasy.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Sigh. A pipeline. Pipeline. p-p-p-p-p-ipe-line.
You will receive no answers "from those more advanced in relevant sciences" that satisfy your need for information because they are not going to respond to a fantasy.
Basically this is saying..The way to deal with this is keep quiet and pretend this is a fantasy. We dont know what it is, so just pretend it does not exist. Everyone should dismiss it as nothing important, then maybe the question will go away.

Unfortunately, that is what science is supposed to do - investigate unknown and interesting phenomena.

Things like this might actually advance our public knowledge if we bothered NOT to dismiss it out-of-hand as being irrelevant.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:44 AM

1,368 posts, read 1,700,063 times
Excellent post and rebuttal by the OP.

As an airline pilot, I've spent over three decades looking down on planet earth and my initial 'expert' observation of the orbiters photo raises similar interest.
It would be helpful to know what distance the photo was taken from?
It definitely resembles some type of conduit. I look forward to another expert opinion on what occurance on the surface cause this type of geometrical image?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space