U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:52 AM

18,514 posts, read 55,435,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilamai View Post
Because the sun and the moon are the same size and the same distance from the earth.

We aren't "chared" but we can surely feel the heat.

If it was 93 million miles away, you think we would be able to feel all that heat? lol
That certainly explains the giant crashing in the sky when they try to do an eclipse. I remember the last time that happened it took four days for the black forces that work to keep the curtains closed over the rest of the sky to repair the damage. There were bits of sun EVERYWHERE. I went to the beach and saw where one of them had burned a hole in the ocean and then had cooled down. The alien technology on it was amazing. Hundreds and hundreds of those space heaters that the Amish supposedly make, but are really the used sun-heat modules, beamed down at night into cattle barns in Pennsylvania.

The Amish didn't have room for their cattle, and they don't use electricity because of the forantulace radiation, so they sell them. Anyway, there was that section of sun sitting there in the water and all of a sudden a troop of dolphins come over and begin making repairs on it. I'll bet you didn't know that the "bottlenose" is really something like a Swiss army knife with all sorts of hidden tools inside and an attachment point for control of heavy equipment. (Ask to see the inside of a bottlenose at one of the salt water aquariums and you will be whisked away for reprogramming.) Four of them got on one side of it and did something to restart a thruster, and then a supervisor came over and set a directional course and that part flew back up into the sky, leaving a trail of browned seaweed. (Now you know why the shores of the ocean have so much dead seaweed washed up.)

The moon was a bit easier for them to fix. It is only a mile thick, which is how you always get to see the same "side" of the moon. The moon is actually an interstellar coin that represents the wealth of the Earth. Saturn and Jupiter are much more wealthy, but they are really very far away and what we see from Earth is just a holographic projection of them that was put in place when they moved out of the slums to a better spot in the universe.

I hope I have explained this clearly enough for you. Many people get the part about the dolphin nose wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 04:14 PM

427 posts, read 421,825 times
Quote:
If the sun was 93 millions miles away, shouldn't the lines be more vertical?
Funniest Noobie Troll we've had in a long time.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:34 PM

8,796 posts, read 5,874,611 times
I would guess the atmosphere causes a lensing effect.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:40 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,827,159 times
are you the guy that started the " how often should i change the air in my tires '' thread ?

Old 02-24-2017, 04:54 PM

3,988 posts, read 1,751,109 times
Default The lack-of-heat death of the local 'verse

Quote:
Because the sun and the moon are the same size and the same distance from the earth.

We aren't "chared" but we can surely feel the heat.

If it was 93 million miles away, you think we would be able to feel all that heat? lol
Pray that it's that far away, pray that you can feel the heat. Otherwise, all the plants die, photosynthesis ends, the oceans die, then all the mammals die. People in nuke subs would last longer, but eventually they'd run out of food & wouldn't be able to forage.

Last edited by southwest88; 02-24-2017 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: fix

Old 02-24-2017, 05:38 PM

375 posts, read 188,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
are you the guy that started the " how often should i change the air in my tires '' thread ?
LOL!!!!

That's what I was gonna ask!

Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,588,688 times
The light in this photograph isn't coming from the sun. There is a UFO above the clouds that was sent to confuse us. They are hoping that we will become frightened by the apparent closeness of the sun and stop going into space. They've seen how violent we are and are planning on annihilating us if we don't stay on our planet.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:41 PM
Status: "living in a political world, where mercy walks the plank" (set 10 days ago)

21,720 posts, read 22,524,323 times
those lines aren't really there are they?

Old 02-24-2017, 07:46 PM

3,988 posts, read 1,751,109 times
Default Soon the hunt will begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
those lines aren't really there are they?
Part of the targeting array from Predator?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 PM

7,293 posts, read 6,671,395 times
a flat earth thread on city data.. say it isn't so! Bring in your tomato plants!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or