U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2018, 11:39 AM
 
12,333 posts, read 3,249,816 times
Reputation: 8207

Advertisements

There was a CIA document, released thru FOIA some time ago, I believe it was from the 1970s, that talked about extraterrestrial civilizations and how they do not exactly come from 'another planet' or physical place, in the way we think about it anyway, In other words, their 'origin' may not even be something we can comprehend, (extra-dimensional) would be the closest thing we have to begin to describe it, and that may not even be that accurate.

Whatever they are, they have been coming here for a very long time. I have a feeling, the real truth about them, and their origin, may be so extremely bizarre, it would not make any logical sense to us, even if it was explained to us.

I am starting to believe in Panspermia more and more, mankind was created for some purpose by another advanced civilization, the UFOs we have seen for centuries, are just them monitoring the experiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2018, 11:39 AM
 
307 posts, read 259,880 times
Reputation: 190
Default I cant think of a greater hubris!!!

As the title says, I really cannot think of a greater hubris than trying to reach out and contact intelligent life. We only sent the first radio broadcast in 1906, just 112 years ago. We humans don't even have a ship that can go around the neighborhood we call our solar system.

Consider other intelligent species like ants which build amazing technology (ant hills). How many humans do you see trying to communicate with ants saying "take me to your leader". We apparently consider them too insignificant to communicate to.

So for the article you included, I'd easily go with the "We're too primitive" section thank you very much.

In the cosmic yardstick we might not even rate up to "stupid" all things considering. I think before we start having this discussion of contacting other beings we first have to ratchet up to a Type I civilization from the current "Type 0"

Call me the pessimist, however I feel that if by some mistake we contact aliens (like a roach that errantly runs across a room), they'd be more interested in the real estate (earth), then subsequently come over and clean out the existing pests so they can use the resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2018, 05:46 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSpeed
We humans don't even have a ship that can go around the neighborhood we call our solar system.
I dont understand how so many people can absolutely ignore the evidence in front of their eyes. In the media, there are thousands of reports of seeing silent triangular and rod-shaped craft. These move either at incredibly fast speeds or impossibly slow speeds across our skies.

Not just you HighSpeed, but others too... Are these thousands of people just making it all up for their enjoyment?

How can you say we cannot even go to the planets in our solar system when we (I assume it is us) aleady have these unbelievably advanced spaceships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 AM
 
379 posts, read 170,814 times
Reputation: 868
We're nothing but food....

And we sent them a map on how to find us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 09:46 AM
 
307 posts, read 259,880 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont understand how so many people can absolutely ignore the evidence in front of their eyes. In the media, there are thousands of reports of seeing silent triangular and rod-shaped craft. These move either at incredibly fast speeds or impossibly slow speeds across our skies.

Not just you HighSpeed, but others too... Are these thousands of people just making it all up for their enjoyment?

How can you say we cannot even go to the planets in our solar system when we (I assume it is us) aleady have these unbelievably advanced spaceships?
Here's the reason why.

The number of alien sightings in the present day compared to say, in the 80's and 90's has remained the same. Here's a number that has not changed: the number of devices able to gather evidence of these aliens. Virtually everybody you see on the street now has a camera on their phone.

So knowing this, how come their has not been an increase in photographic evidence of aliens. I mean we do get videos and pictures of pretty rare and unthinkable things (e.g. strange tornado footage), e.t.c.

So how come a whoooole lot more of folks can gather evidence now about aliens however their has not been an increase in evidence of aliens? ....or could it be that most of it is not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,126 posts, read 1,974,758 times
Reputation: 8734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Obviously, you don't know much about "religious folks."
I certainly hope so. I was born religiously childhood indoctrinated into Christianity without a choice and have since tried to forget everything that was forced upon me.

Gotta’ love being forced against your will to practice a man-made fairytale while we remain an insignificant species in the vastness of infinite galaxies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 04:03 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950
There are plenty of publicly reported sightings of advanced craft.

Quote:
The number of alien sightings in the present day compared to say, in the 80's and 90's has remained the same. Here's a number that has not changed: the number of devices able to gather evidence of these aliens. Virtually everybody you see on the street now has a camera on their phone.

So knowing this, how come their has not been an increase in photographic evidence of aliens. I mean we do get videos and pictures of pretty rare and unthinkable things (e.g. strange tornado footage), e.t.c.

So how come a whoooole lot more of folks can gather evidence now about aliens however their has not been an increase in evidence of aliens? ....or could it be that most of it is not true.
It really does not matter how many UFO sightings there are.

Some are probably our military craft amd some are probably alien piloted. The fact is, it is likely that aliens fit into the puzzle somewhere - either in that we have had help to back-engineer their craft (in which case they and their craft exist) or that they are the only ones whizzing about the sky in super advanced vehicles.

Either way, they exist and we need to acknowledge that and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 11:53 AM
 
12,333 posts, read 3,249,816 times
Reputation: 8207
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There are plenty of publicly reported sightings of advanced craft.

It really does not matter how many UFO sightings there are.

Some are probably our military craft amd some are probably alien piloted. The fact is, it is likely that aliens fit into the puzzle somewhere - either in that we have had help to back-engineer their craft (in which case they and their craft exist) or that they are the only ones whizzing about the sky in super advanced vehicles.

Either way, they exist and we need to acknowledge that and move on.
We know for a fact that in the 60s and 70s our military used UFOs as a disguise for the experimental aircraft of the time, it kept everyone guessing whose aircraft it really was, it was pretty effective too.

Its safe to assume they do the same thing today with experimental aircraft, if modern UFO reports are any indicator at whats coming next in aircraft technology, its totally silent operation, ability to hover in place, cloaking ability, that makes them invisible to the naked eye, and also jamming effects on electronic and mechanical devices in the area. (cars, cell phones, etc).

I do believe they have recovered alien craft, but I really doubt they could reverse engineer them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2018, 05:55 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950
It is said a number of technologies came out of reverse engineering alien carft, optical fibres, computer chips, miniturisation of semiconductors, kevlon, mylar, supposedly.

Personally I dont believe these craft are all alien, so we must have got the technology somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2018, 11:57 AM
 
12,333 posts, read 3,249,816 times
Reputation: 8207
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is said a number of technologies came out of reverse engineering alien carft, optical fibres, computer chips, miniturisation of semiconductors, kevlon, mylar, supposedly.

Personally I dont believe these craft are all alien, so we must have got the technology somehow.
Well, we know for a fact Govt has 'unknown metal alloys' recovered from past UAPs, we know they built specific facilities to house them, and Bigelow Aerospace also houses some of them, so if they have alien alloys, its a good bet they have other parts as well.

Touchscreen technology supposedly came from reverse engineered tech too, who knows though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top