Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 10:15 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think most people are really afraid of what they might find. Aliens are not necessarily going to look like us OR have the same moral code as us. That makes it very difficult to deal with them.

Think of how one culture views another culture on Earth and then multiply it by 100. The aliens have probably been around for many times as long as we have so all aspects of their civilisation will be far advanced.

Regardless of whether you believe aliens are already here and interacting with us (which I do) the prospect of this far-advanced society being able to manipulate us in any way they like is a scary thing.

The current corrupt politicians have seen or will see an opportunity to advance their personal career by snuggling up to a more powerful race. I dont see any other scenario likely to happen - do you?
I think this is the main reason why we have not had a public disclosure yet, whatever aliens/ UFOs truly are, its just too bizarre for our human minds to grasp. Maybe they are not just some other biological lifeform that happens to live on another planet, maybe its much more complicated. If they are inter-dimensional, or something else entirely, well that would be pointless in trying to explain that in a press conference.

Its interesting to look at very old UFO sightings, like from the 1400s thru the 1800s, by the descriptions given, these people were seeing the exact same thing as people today are, its the same basic shapes, (circles, triangles, rectangles, pyramids) with the same behavior, shooting around for awhile, then vanishing, or just hovering and then vanishing. whatever these things are, they have been here a very long time and probably do not fit the popular stereotype we have given them (beings from another planet).

I also believe our govt has tried to make their own 'UFOs' too, these probably account for a large majority of the sighting reports, but why this technology is kept locked up and not used by our military is beyond me, If they have antigravity or something similar, why keep it secret?

I truly believe, even if we heard the truth, what they really were and 'where' they really come from, I doubt we could comprehend it, it would likely not make any sense or seem impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 06:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
If there are aliens out there and they have the ability to travel to Earth i'd say their only interest in humans at this stage of our development is merely Scientific curiosity, We are a war like bunch of savages at this point in our development and not worthy of actual physical contact with any space faring entities.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Most of them have morphed into politicians of one sort or another.
Ha, that makes sense.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:42 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
If they came here it wouldnt be long before they were labeled as undocumented aliens and subjected to all manner of hate venom and vitriol,i cant see any reason for them to subject themselves to such barbarity . As said before we would be a mere scientific curiosity studied from afar.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If they came here it wouldnt be long before they were labeled as undocumented aliens and subjected to all manner of hate venom and vitriol
More likely they would be seen as gods.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:23 PM

1,022 posts, read 738,686 times
If we have an opportunity to contact aliens, then by all means. I think we should. All the scary stuff might just be our own imagination. Could be a huge leap for humans.

Considering they have been around millions of years before us, they may have figured out how to get along.
That alone is worth the effort. After all, humans are explorers. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not so good.

Doing nothing and hiding under a rock doesn't seem like what I would choose.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:44 AM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
There are many people who claim to have already made contact with aliens or aliens have made contact with them. They have physical signs on their boidy to show for it and some of them remember the visits to the spacecraft. The 'evidence' is out there if anyone really wants to find it and who is really interested.

However, there are a number of folk on here who either cannot handle the truth or else they have some agenda going on which precludes them from being able to admit these things exist. Therefore they challenge and deny and continually ask for proof. But.. hey, this is the space forum so they are entitled to do that, and we are entitled to discuss stuff which has been reported but not yet proved.

There are many well laid out books with personal stories in them. There are researchers such as David Jacobs, who are taking accounts from people who claim to have been abducted. There are malevolent ETs it seems and there are benificent ETs too so it would appear as if there are at least a few races which are contacting us already.

If ET wanted to contact us more often and more obviously I believe they would do so.

Anyone who does not believe the aliens are contacting us already needs to talk to Travis Walton the subject of the Fire in the Sky movie. He is a down-to-earth guy who has never changed his story over all the years since the encounter and has subjected himself to at least 5 lie-detector tests.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
I don't think we should attempt to contact aliens. There is no reason they wouldn't be hostile.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
If we have an opportunity to contact aliens, then by all means. I think we should. All the scary stuff might just be our own imagination. Could be a huge leap for humans.

Considering they have been around millions of years before us, they may have figured out how to get along.
That alone is worth the effort. After all, humans are explorers. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not so good.

Doing nothing and hiding under a rock doesn't seem like what I would choose.
I once heard a great analogy that best describes the difference between human and alien...

Humans are like the fish swimming around the oceans, rivers, etc, the only world they know is under the water, they have no idea what a complex and widespread world lies just right above the waterline, and even if they were plucked out and got a glimpse of it all, they wouldnt be able to comprehend what they were seeing anyway.

Humans only know the world we live in, we have no idea what lies beyond this and what kind of world that is, and like the fish, I doubt any of us would even be able to understand it.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:02 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times
No, even if they won't destroy or hurt us for whatever reason.

We should simply listen, and put our computers onto the job of interpreting their language or other form of communication. Then read or listen to what they have to say. That way, we won't just blunder onto the scene and make some major faux pas, one that will make us look like a rash and foolish species at best and outrageously offensive at worst
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space