U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 04:46 PM

92 posts, read 60,661 times

Advertisements

I’ve been thinking about that question for a long time. In my opinion if you really know our current technology, civilization and indestructible dogmatic opinions-beliefs, your answer probably: ”No, we shouldn’t communicate with them right now”.

Because most of humans still believe in nonsense stories, we still didn’t even get rid of these beliefs because of politicians and ignorant cultures, I do not think we (most of us) can completely get rid of them for a long time.

There are so many reasons about: ” why we haven’t contact them yet? ”

Education
Civilisation
Disagreements for human race
Greediness created world wars
Poverty, fascist ideas
Religions, nationalism

There is an article about that you should read it:

Finding Aliens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 05:28 AM

2,960 posts, read 1,127,390 times
The main reason we likely haven't come into contact with any alien species is that the distances in space are far too large and we only achieved space flight in the 1950's.

While many of our policies as a species have been destructive over the years, there is no evidence that any other species would necessarily be pacifist in nature. Until we make first contact, we will only have ourselves as a metric of comparison.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:03 PM

240 posts, read 267,347 times
The USA and Russia already are in contact with aliens, at the ISS. I agree that the general public is not ready to handle the information.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:09 PM

12,446 posts, read 11,243,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
The USA and Russia already are in contact with aliens, at the ISS. I agree that the general public is not ready to handle the information.
Now, really.
Simply stating something doesn't make it true.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:21 PM

10,077 posts, read 4,964,122 times
realistically, any aliens with technology advanced enough to "communicate" with us, would already know we are here and choose to "communicate"

because right now, we can not "communicate", we send signals into space and hope someone finds them and can send something back

even the probes don't really "communicate" with earth, it sends data back but it isn't an active 2 way communication

Old 08-28-2017, 05:56 PM

9,968 posts, read 7,582,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
even the probes don't really "communicate" with earth, it sends data back but it isn't an active 2 way communication
depends on point of view. It is 2 way communication. We send commands to the probe, it sends responses back, or, more accurately, it sends back what our commands told it to.. But it's certainly not instant communication. I think currently the Voyager probes take something like 20 hours for a signal from Earth to reach them.

17 hours as of 2013. So.. yeah.. About 20 hours sounds fair. So, if we send a command to Voyager, we won't get data back for nearly 2 days.

And.. I have to post the source on this, because it's just too funny.. Check out the username that asked this question..

Quote:
How long does it take to receive signals from Voyager now?—from Reddit user i_attend_goat_orgies
A signal from Voyager 1, traveling at the speed of light, takes 17 hours one way to reach Earth.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:09 PM

6,994 posts, read 6,743,583 times
If they're out there they're laughing at what retards we all are.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:30 PM

3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
I think most people are really afraid of what they might find. Aliens are not necessarily going to look like us OR have the same moral code as us. That makes it very difficult to deal with them.

Think of how one culture views another culture on Earth and then multiply it by 100. The aliens have probably been around for many times as long as we have so all aspects of their civilisation will be far advanced.

Regardless of whether you believe aliens are already here and interacting with us (which I do) the prospect of this far-advanced society being able to manipulate us in any way they like is a scary thing.

The current corrupt politicians have seen or will see an opportunity to advance their personal career by snuggling up to a more powerful race. I dont see any other scenario likely to happen - do you?

Old 09-04-2017, 11:36 PM

10,424 posts, read 8,954,466 times
Most of them have morphed into politicians of one sort or another.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:14 PM

527 posts, read 607,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares386 View Post
I’ve been thinking about that question for a long time. In my opinion if you really know our current technology, civilization and indestructible dogmatic opinions-beliefs, your answer probably: ”No, we shouldn’t communicate with them right now”.

Because most of humans still believe in nonsense stories, we still didn’t even get rid of these beliefs because of politicians and ignorant cultures, I do not think we (most of us) can completely get rid of them for a long time.

There are so many reasons about: ” why we haven’t contact them yet? ”

Education
Civilisation
Disagreements for human race
Greediness created world wars
Poverty, fascist ideas
Religions, nationalism

There is an article about that you should read it:

Finding Aliens
Who wiped out Native American? People or other life forms(Bacterias, Virus...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or