U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 02:11 AM

3,254 posts, read 3,193,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
April, the Apollo missions were all tracked by independent observers around the world as the Apollo astronauts traveled to and from the moon. The Soviet Union was one of those observers.
Apollo missions tracked by independent parties[edit]
Aside from NASA, a number of entities and individuals observed, through various means, the Apollo missions as they took place. On later missions, NASA released information to the public explaining where third party observers could expect to see the various craft at specific times according to scheduled launch times and planned trajectories.[6]

Observers of all missions[edit]
The Soviet Union monitored the missions at their Space Transmissions Corps, which was "fully equipped with the latest intelligence-gathering and surveillance equipment."[7] Vasily Mishin, in an interview for the article "The Moon Programme That Faltered," describes how the Soviet Moon programme dwindled after the Apollo landing.[8]

The missions were tracked by radar from several countries on the way to the Moon and back.[9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-..._Moon_landings
Read the entire Wiki article. The moon missions were not faked.
Absolutely correct Mike555.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 AM

12,446 posts, read 11,243,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Hey, your not judging me are you? I'm one who believes it can't be round or we would all fall off... just saying it's likely we will never know for sure
One who doesn't have a sufficient grasp on grammar probably doesn't have an understanding of elementary physics.

Last edited by Dirt Grinder; 11-29-2017 at 02:35 AM..

Old 11-29-2017, 05:34 AM

12,333 posts, read 3,249,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
This...two people can't keep a secret...yet we are to believe 100's did?...Both my kids attended PHUHS IB program seven years apart...they had a professor that believed in this theory 100% and convinced these young impressional kids that it was true...
The thing is though, when it comes to the big,important stuff...Govt is extremely good at keeping secrets.

JFk files are a good example, all that time and the parts that were recently released (not to mention, the sections FBI doesnt want released), IS STILL secret, after all those years, and with different people coming and going from the agencies.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:00 AM

698 posts, read 431,129 times
The loner-people have a hard time admitting that the government can keep secrets because at the same time, they wish to claim that government is inept at everything. There's just no dealing with dumb.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:37 AM

33,821 posts, read 17,312,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Actually plenty to do there but it wasn't the right time. Mission accomplished, we got the high ground before them damn Ruskies. Most likely the next people there will be private citizens and soon private companies to mine the surface. It won't take much for colonies to get built on the moon either. Just the right business case, which is getting better and better. Although it will be initially expensive, people are going to make a lot of money from work done on the moon.
Well... That's a different subject, but there isn't a lot to mine on the Moon, it's a brutal environment for machinery and it's at the bottom of a damn inconvenient gravity well. If you're about to say He-3 for fusion, well - sustained fusion has been a few decades away for as long as I've lived.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:13 AM

713 posts, read 370,252 times
More from the tin-foil hat crowd?

I guess these are fake too:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/L...llo-sites.html

Old 11-29-2017, 11:18 AM

1,409 posts, read 837,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
One who doesn't have a sufficient grasp on grammar probably doesn't have an understanding of elementary physics.
Sorry bout that to the grammar police.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM

2,254 posts, read 1,078,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well... That's a different subject, but there isn't a lot to mine on the Moon, it's a brutal environment for machinery and it's at the bottom of a damn inconvenient gravity well. If you're about to say He-3 for fusion, well - sustained fusion has been a few decades away for as long as I've lived.
Not nearly as inconvenient as earth's well. Given the metals concentration in the regolith, as well as the highly available oxygen and silicon, creating the raw materials for and building housing, spacecraft, fuel, etc becomes easier. Which means if we are ever going to build the infrastructure for asteroid mining and processing (which is already in the business case phase at several companies) it is a lot easier on the moon than the earth. It's all about the outbound shipping costs from earth.

One heavy platinum-family-bearing asteroid could be worth trillions of dollars back on earth. That makes a business model easier to put together.

He-3 is in pretty low densities on the moon. You'd have to basically strip mine a significant chunk of the surface every year to make it realistic which makes no sense.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:06 PM

5,456 posts, read 6,721,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post

New Conspiracy Theorist Claims To Have Proof That Apollo Moon Landing Was Fake

I really hope this isn't true, and it probably isn't.

I've heard this conspiracy theory a couple of times this year - and I just brushed it off with an eye roll. But, after seeing some of these theorist's videos, seeing their proof and reading in detail why they feel that the Apollo Moon Landing was a hoax, I'm honestly starting to wonder now....

I mean, if this turns out to be true - what ELSE has the U.S. Government 'shown' us that is ALSO fake?!

And another thing....why hasn't the U.S. ever gone back to the moon since July 20th, 1969? Our technology now must surely surpass what we had back in the 60s, yeah?
Werner Von Braun involved with the space program was so against the decision to turn from the exploratory space mission that the space program was to the International Space Station experimentation program. In his view the point was to leapfrog from the Moon to the next target and 'go where no one had gone before'. The government took the political tune that global cooperation was much preferred and in our national interest $. We no longer had the impetuous of a JFK and LBJ pushing us onward.

Von Braun, the original Mr Rocket Man, was quite unhappy.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:07 PM

11,576 posts, read 8,812,084 times
Astronaut's Wives Club explains the pictures. They are fake/staged but should never have been released. The mission was real but there is some fake footage out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or