U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 09:33 AM

6,040 posts, read 4,570,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You're kidding, right? Please be kidding.
I doubt he's kidding.

Hey here's an experiment...get a sphere like a billiard ball or a bowling ball and find something that proportionally is the size of a human being and put it on the ball. Of course the ball doesn't generate the same gravitational forces the Earth does so ya might hafta put it on top. You couldn't even see it fall...even if it did...which it won't.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:30 PM

2,305 posts, read 621,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
I just go by common sense that if something is round anything on it will fall off.
So gravity sucks everything to the bottom of space or something and it's not that the earth is round and therefore gravity causes everything to fall towards the center of the earth?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:02 AM

4,922 posts, read 6,908,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
So gravity sucks everything to the bottom of space or something and it's not that the earth is round and therefore gravity causes everything to fall towards the center of the earth?

Good luck lol most of her posts make no sense.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:37 AM

2,755 posts, read 2,411,907 times
We haven't been back because the Decepticons have claimed it first and they don't want us there after stealing some of their technology. DUH!

Old 12-01-2017, 04:53 PM

7,260 posts, read 4,849,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Good luck lol most of her posts make no sense.
`
Pretty sure she's kidding. I've read a lot of her posts; I don't think she's that dumb.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:09 PM

6,994 posts, read 6,741,797 times
The manned Apollo missions were almost certainly nonsense. Hollywood trickery. A huge cold war propaganda campaign and taxpayer fleece. Grade A American Bullsh*t. Unmanned probes sent to the moon and Mars and the Voyager missions are probably authentic IMO. (And my best guess based on factors is that the earth is spherical before any of you crazy mooners throw that canard at me.)

Old 01-31-2018, 07:59 PM

33,767 posts, read 17,301,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
The manned Apollo missions were almost certainly nonsense.
Is there some reasoning behind this assessment?

Quote:
(And my best guess based on factors is that the earth is spherical before any of you crazy mooners throw that canard at me.)
You should add some more factors, then.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:39 PM

22,790 posts, read 17,263,699 times
Quote:
The manned Apollo missions were almost certainly nonsense. Hollywood trickery. A huge cold war propaganda campaign and taxpayer fleece. Grade A American Bullsh*t. Unmanned probes sent to the moon and Mars and the Voyager missions are probably authentic IMO. (And my best guess based on factors is that the earth is spherical before any of you crazy mooners throw that canard at me.)
Not nonsense. As I said in post #6, the Apollo missions were independently tracked by observers around the world who had no connection with NASA. The USSR was one such observer and tracked the Apollo spacecrafts as they made their way to the moon.
Third-party evidence for Apollo Moon landings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-..._Moon_landings

Old 01-31-2018, 10:51 PM

12,446 posts, read 11,239,900 times
Quote:
...Unmanned probes sent to the moon and Mars and the Voyager missions are probably authentic IMO...
BTW - those unmanned probes sent to the moon photographed the locations of the manned landing sites. The hardware left on the moon is clearly visible in those photos.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:51 AM

6,994 posts, read 6,741,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Not nonsense. As I said in post #6, the Apollo missions were independently tracked by observers around the world who had no connection with NASA. The USSR was one such observer and tracked the Apollo spacecrafts as they made their way to the moon.
Third-party evidence for Apollo Moon landings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-..._Moon_landings
I don’t doubt it is possible they were tracking something that was on it’s way to the moon, it just wasn’t that ridiculous tin can they showed us on TV with the 3 stooges floating around in it. They were in low earth orbit and that is as far as they got. The launch was real of course...that part obviously had to be since people were watching it live. The rest of it was a Hollywood sound stage. Wernher Von Braun knew it was all nonsense but he wasn’t in much of a position to make any noise about it. (I’m sure the American government saw to it that their Nazi war prize was living out a very comfortable existence in exchange for his cooperation, so that was that.)

You could go back and forth all day on this one. You ponder the evidence and it’s sources and either believe what you’ve been told or you don’t. I’ve made up my mind that this one smells just as rotten as 9/11, so it probably is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or