U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-06-2018, 08:27 AM
 
2,276 posts, read 895,105 times
Reputation: 3938

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
IT HAS BEEN VERIFIED. Unmanned orbiters have been sent back (look-up Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO), and they have photographed the landing sites. The hardware and lunar rover tracks are visible in the photographs. What on earth do they teach in school these days?????
The same government that faked the moon landing would easily be able to produce fake photographs. Some of this so-called evidence was most likely created by the same team that faked the original landings. There is simply no evidence that has proven the US landed men on the moon. Using today's technology it would be very easy to send up an unmanned vehicle to recover some of the debris left at the landing sites. Why has that never been attempted by any nation on earth despite the ongoing controversy and accusations of fakery? Occam's Razor would say that it is because they all know that men never landed on the moon and the whole thing was staged. The entire notion that 1960s technology was up to the task is absurd. The scheme worked because the government was able to take advantage of the gullibility of the general public and their ignorance of science and technology. It all looked so razzle dazzle on black and white TV screens that it just had to be real, lmao.

 
Old 02-06-2018, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
2,097 posts, read 1,139,169 times
Reputation: 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Why has that never been attempted by any nation on earth despite the ongoing controversy and accusations of fakery? Occam's Razor would say that it is because they all know that men never landed on the moon and the whole thing was staged.
Cost/benefit analysis.

What would be the benefit in spending a boatload of money to go recover "space trash" for the verification of a few conspiracy theorists?

There are other, more worthy projects to spend that kind of cash.
 
Old 02-06-2018, 08:52 AM
 
Location: East Flatbush, Brooklyn
667 posts, read 295,583 times
Reputation: 1381
Looks like Putin's disinfo campaign is working as planned. I remember when a few years ago, I started seeing a flood of troll posts across YouTube ranting that the moon landing was a hoax, that NASA was a sham and that America was incapable of putting a man on the moon. I didn't think people were going to be gullible enough to actually fall for any of this but apparently, they have.

So, good job, Putin!
 
Old 02-06-2018, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,446 posts, read 11,237,874 times
Reputation: 28225
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The same government that faked the moon landing would easily be able to produce fake photographs. Some of this so-called evidence was most likely created by the same team that faked the original landings...
Hilarious!!!!
 
Old 02-06-2018, 10:05 AM
 
Location: USA
21,012 posts, read 9,844,052 times
Reputation: 15730
Others have said it. A conspiracy this large, with so many people involved would have come out by now. Also, the Russians would not have reacted the way they did to a HOAX, and yes they would have sniffed it out.
 
Old 02-06-2018, 01:48 PM
 
7,155 posts, read 3,907,949 times
Reputation: 6709
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The same government that faked the moon landing would easily be able to produce fake photographs. Some of this so-called evidence was most likely created by the same team that faked the original landings. There is simply no evidence that has proven the US landed men on the moon. Using today's technology it would be very easy to send up an unmanned vehicle to recover some of the debris left at the landing sites. Why has that never been attempted by any nation on earth despite the ongoing controversy and accusations of fakery? Occam's Razor would say that it is because they all know that men never landed on the moon and the whole thing was staged. The entire notion that 1960s technology was up to the task is absurd. The scheme worked because the government was able to take advantage of the gullibility of the general public and their ignorance of science and technology. It all looked so razzle dazzle on black and white TV screens that it just had to be real, lmao.
Here’s another TV show to feed your fantasy. This one did exactly that...salvage items from the moon!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODkJABWo08
 
Old 02-06-2018, 02:18 PM
 
33,762 posts, read 17,296,506 times
Reputation: 18527
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Saying that the state of 60s/70s era technology would have made it impossible to fake a moon landing makes it even more impossible with that same technology to actually make it to the moon.
Not at all. Very different technologies.

Quote:
If we did not have the technology to fake it, we also did not have the technology to actually do it.
That's just a flat statement. Nobody with any aerospace credentials have made a convincing case that Apollo couldn't land people on the moon.

Quote:
The technology at the time was not up to the task...
What makes you say that? Which technology couldn't have worked?

Quote:
it would even be difficult to do today
It's very difficult.


Quote:
Other countries did not call us out on it because we either paid them off or now that the US had 'sent' men to the moon, their governments were not going to be pressured by their own citizens to light billions of dollars on fire to do it first.
The one contender was the Soviet Union, and their ONE call to supremacy over decadent capitalism was their space program. They had the means, the opportunity and a helluva motive to call out any fakery, and they didn't.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 02-06-2018 at 03:07 PM..
 
Old 02-06-2018, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
58,533 posts, read 56,441,297 times
Reputation: 69725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
How do people survive being so paranoid? Do they sit in the house and post on forums all day? I can't imagine someone who believes all this conspiracy garbage can be comfortable going outside.

There might be an alien waiting there to shut them up...
My brother is one of these people. He is 48, home with a deteriorating spine, and he believes every conspiracy theory he can find on the webz. I am a person who was inside One WTC on 9/11. While I certainly can understand people asking questions and doubting particulars of what "the government" said, he does not believe some things that I, his sister, actually witnessed and experienced that day or things I knew about the building because of my job if they contradict what he has read on the Internet.

There are not many social situations in which he would last long, no, mostly because he does not know how to have ordinary conversations with people anymore. Fortunately, he stays home and plays video games most of the time with an occasional night out for cards with other people much like himself.

He lives with our 89-year-old mother, and the rest of us siblings dread the day she is gone and someone has to make sure he doesn't end up living under a bridge, because none of us could stand having him live with us.
 
Old 02-06-2018, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
58,533 posts, read 56,441,297 times
Reputation: 69725
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The same government that faked the moon landing would easily be able to produce fake photographs. Some of this so-called evidence was most likely created by the same team that faked the original landings. There is simply no evidence that has proven the US landed men on the moon. Using today's technology it would be very easy to send up an unmanned vehicle to recover some of the debris left at the landing sites. Why has that never been attempted by any nation on earth despite the ongoing controversy and accusations of fakery? Occam's Razor would say that it is because they all know that men never landed on the moon and the whole thing was staged. The entire notion that 1960s technology was up to the task is absurd. The scheme worked because the government was able to take advantage of the gullibility of the general public and their ignorance of science and technology. It all looked so razzle dazzle on black and white TV screens that it just had to be real, lmao.
The flaw in your and others' arguments is that there is no such thing as "the government" as you perceive it, a monolithic institution in which everyone agrees to agree with one another forever and always to sticking to a story. Most of the people who made up "the government" of that time are dead. Somebody who actually figured out that the moon landings were faked and could prove it would be running around right now blaring that information for their own purposes and power. What you want to believe goes against human nature.
 
Old 02-06-2018, 03:07 PM
 
33,762 posts, read 17,296,506 times
Reputation: 18527
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The same government that faked the moon landing would easily be able to produce fake photographs.
Hey, look! - circular logic!
Quote:
The entire notion that 1960s technology was up to the task is absurd.
You keep saying that. Which specific technology wasn't up to the task, and why do you think that was the case? Why hasn't anyone been able to prove that this bit or the other couldn't have worked?

Quote:
It all looked so razzle dazzle on black and white TV screens that it just had to be real, lmao.
There was an entire scientific community who got their hands on the scientific output (samples and imagery from the moon, to say nothing of the materials science and engineering data), and nobody there has spoken up, either.

Not one. Not one geologist has gotten a lunar sample, and said "This is fake, it was cooked up in a lab, and I can make a good case for that being the case."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top