U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 08:42 AM

6,994 posts, read 6,743,583 times

Advertisements

Moon didn’t happen (yet). Everybody get over it.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:19 AM

252 posts, read 212,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Every bit and piece of Apollo is documented

Don't you find it strange that more and more of the so called evidence is lost? Loads of moon rocks missing, live footage tapes erased, no machines to play back biometric data and so on...?

Could you please point me in the right direction to find info on how the landing module was built?

Old 05-07-2018, 10:33 AM

33,821 posts, read 17,312,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Yard View Post
Don't you find it strange that more and more of the so called evidence is lost?
No. Do you have any idea of the amount of data a project of that size leaves behind?

Quote:
Loads of moon rocks missing
Sounds unlikely, but you're short on specifics, so...

Quote:
live footage tapes erased
200,000 reels were degaussed for re-use. That was SOP in the 60s.

Quote:
no machines to play back biometric data and so on...?
Handbuilt systems made for a single purpose back 5 decades ago?

Quote:
Could you please point me in the right direction to find info on how the landing module was built?
NASA has a ton of good info. Here's a decent primer from Grumman:

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM04_Lu...e_ppLV1-17.pdf

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/alsj-LMdocs.html

Once again, I find myself in awe of the engineering these guys could do with slide rules and protractors.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
On the contrary - anyone with an ounce of sense does know for sure.
No they dont. They know what they’ve been told happened. On TV, in textbooks, etc. Nobody has any real way of independently verifying the Apollo missions happened the way we were told they did. The easiest way of course would be with your own two eyes and a telescope, but (in)conveniently, they don’t make any strong enough to see an abandoned lunar rover or any of the other junk they supposedly left over there. But that is really all it would take to put this one to bed forever.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
No they dont. They know what they’ve been told happened. On TV, in textbooks, etc. Nobody has any real way of independently verifying the Apollo missions happened the way we were told they did.
I have never laid eyes on Gibraltar, but I'm fairly certain it's there. You?

Quote:
The easiest way of course would be with your own two eyes and a telescope, but (in)conveniently, they don’t make any strong enough to see an abandoned lunar rover or any of the other junk they supposedly left over there.
"They" would love to make terrestrial telescopes with that resolution. But the laws of physics sure can be inconvenient.

Quote:
But that is really all it would take to put this one to bed forever.
Not at all. People would move the goalposts - how can you be sure that wasn't placed by robots decades later? Isn't it convenient how the tracks match up with all we've been told - are you telling me the astro-nots didn't do one single thing that wasn't by the playbook?

The LRO missions provided some excellent photos, incidentally.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I have never laid eyes on Gibraltar, but I'm fairly certain it's there. You?
You'll have to explain that one to me I guess. I was unaware anybody thought it didn't.

Quote:
"They" would love to make terrestrial telescopes with that resolution. But the laws of physics sure can be inconvenient.
So we agree then. It's inconvenient.

Quote:
Not at all. People would move the goalposts - how can you be sure that wasn't placed by robots decades later? Isn't it convenient how the tracks match up with all we've been told - are you telling me the astro-nots didn't do one single thing that wasn't by the playbook?
Now you're just kvetching. NASA would not fly a car to the moon ex post facto out of fear people would not see one in their very powerful telescope and uncover the ruse. That's ridiculous. If you looked through your very powerful telescope (theoretically...right now) and see a lunar rover plus the burnouts and cookie marks they were making with it, that proves everything. But I don't think you would if this telescope theoretically did exist. I believe anything NASA tells me about as much as I believe anything the CIA, FBI, or any of the other alphabet soup agencies try to spoon feed us.

Quote:
The LRO missions provided some excellent photos, incidentally.
I'm sure they did but that isn't independent verification either. Actually, I think I did see a few of them and wasn't too impressed. Case open!

Old 05-08-2018, 05:54 AM

7,168 posts, read 3,920,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Yard View Post
Don't you find it strange that more and more of the so called evidence is lost? Loads of moon rocks missing, live footage tapes erased, no machines to play back biometric data and so on...?

Post on the Long Island forum that you’re doing research and are looking for Grumman engineers who built the LM. I’m sure you will get responses or leads.

Sometimes I think the whole hoax thing started after the Capricorn One movie came out in the late 70’s.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:20 AM

22,794 posts, read 17,268,975 times
Quote:
No they dont. They know what they’ve been told happened. On TV, in textbooks, etc. Nobody has any real way of independently verifying the Apollo missions happened the way we were told they did. The easiest way of course would be with your own two eyes and a telescope, but (in)conveniently, they don’t make any strong enough to see an abandoned lunar rover or any of the other junk they supposedly left over there. But that is really all it would take to put this one to bed forever.
As I noted back in post #6 there is all kinds of independent verification concerning the Apollo missions. Your not wanting to believe that verification doesn't change that fact no matter how much you rant this nonsense of yours.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:45 AM

6,854 posts, read 4,766,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As I noted back in post #6 there is all kinds of independent verification concerning the Apollo missions. Your not wanting to believe that verification doesn't change that fact no matter how much you rant this nonsense of yours.
Agreed. Sadly some will cling to their beliefs despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Threads like this are why there should be a “Conspiracy Theories ” forum. That way all the proponents can have a place to gather and talk about their beliefs. Or lack thereof.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Actually, I think I did see a few of them and wasn't too impressed. Case open!
So - you saw images that 100% conformed with records of the Apollo landings and weren't "too impressed", yet you expect us to believe you'd consider the question settled if you saw the same images in a terrestrial telescope.

This is not going to go anywhere, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or