U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 12:10 PM

33,708 posts, read 17,275,623 times

Advertisements

Bill Kaysing, there's a name I've not heard in a long time...

Old 05-10-2018, 09:55 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,057,275 times
Back in the 60s we did not have thousands of ugly satellite dishes stuck onto the sides of buildings. What are those dishes pointed at?

I wonder how many people in the businesses of designing and launching satellites doubt that the Moon landing occurred. Is it just the non-techies?

Old 05-11-2018, 03:48 PM

33,708 posts, read 17,275,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
I wonder how many people in the businesses of designing and launching satellites doubt that the Moon landing occurred. Is it just the non-techies?
People with actual aerospace credentials are remarkably unwilling to agree with the Moon Hoaxers. Actually, people with any sort of relevant degree.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:45 PM

3,231 posts, read 3,360,329 times
I would imagine that those techie kind-of jobs are hard to come by and they often provide good pensions, good prospects, good benefits. This is particularly so if it is in an area of industry which is at the forefront of technology which space travel design and manafacture for the military/NASA is.

Experience is everything in engineering and working on space-related projects probably gets you noticed in the industry. All thesse things makes it unlikely that you are going to want to blow your career by speaking out about any down sides to your job.

Satellites and Moon spacecraft are different. There is and was far more opportunity to test satellite technology for the military, but space craft which go to the Moon are rare - even nowadays. They need different specs and since they have to travel further into space and contain humans, they need more shielding and need to be built to a much higher standard. Regardless of how well we know the space mathematics these days, in those early days of space travel, there was not much practical application of this space craft travel theory using sling shots around planets etc etc. Computers were still in their infancy and slide rules were often used for calculations.

All this is NOT random rambling since key points can be identified throughout the history of this post war period.

I think we forget that the US received many of the German scientists who worked on space craft and rockets and Vril technology was supposed to include flying disks which were seen as Foo Fighters during the war. IF these were German secret projects, (unlikely to be alien craft) then they would have been further developed after the war in the US when scientists were pleased to have been given jobs in a progressive country and working in the same industry as they had been back in the war years. The whole rocket/space industry was lifted up from Germany and brought to the US with Von Braun and other leading scientists continuing from where they had left off at the end of the war but working for the US government instead of Hitler.

I think the rocket technology, even in those days, was a second line of technology developed mainly for show. I think the main line of secret technology was along the lines of flying disks (see Foo Fighters above) and this was developed to fly into space and back far earlier than rockets were developed to fly to the Moon. The President probably knew or was fairly certain we could get to the Moon before he made those famous words about landing a man there. So, now the problem was to get rocket technology which the public knew about, up to the right standard so that it could be believable by the masses and reported by the media.

This is what I think happened by using the mind scientists developed by Germany using subjects from the concentration camps (ref MKULTRA). In those days, it was relatively easy to get a rocket spacecraft into Earth orbit but more challenging to get to the Moon, so I think false memories of Moon landings were implanted into the astronauts and a Hollywood story was created to make it more believable by the public.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:27 PM

1,593 posts, read 1,104,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think the rocket technology, even in those days, was a second line of technology developed mainly for show. I think the main line of secret technology was along the lines of flying disks (see Foo Fighters above) and this was developed to fly into space and back far earlier than rockets were developed to fly to the Moon. The President probably knew or was fairly certain we could get to the Moon before he made those famous words about landing a man there. So, now the problem was to get rocket technology which the public knew about, up to the right standard so that it could be believable by the masses and reported by the media.

This is what I think happened by using the mind scientists developed by Germany using subjects from the concentration camps (ref MKULTRA). In those days, it was relatively easy to get a rocket spacecraft into Earth orbit but more challenging to get to the Moon, so I think false memories of Moon landings were implanted into the astronauts and a Hollywood story was created to make it more believable by the public.

If the flying disks/Foo Fighters existed during WWII, why didn't the country(s) that had them use them for military purposes during the war? Wouldn't Germany use them rather than lose the war?

Referring to the second paragraph of the abbreviated post above, if something like that happened, it may explain Buzz Aldrin's depression and alcoholism, and Neil Armstrong turning into a recluse (I think he became a recluse but I'm not certain-maybe someone else more familiar with his career can chime in).

Old 05-15-2018, 08:06 PM

7,129 posts, read 3,895,051 times
Neil Armstrong didn’t become a recluse, he was always somewhat introverted and became a professor.

These “false memories” would have had to be implanted over several years and 9 crews. Or were they not implanted for the Apollo 13 crew? How did they handle Apollo 8 and 10?

Many of the other Apollo astronauts led public, normal lives. Frank Borman for example went on to run Eastern Airlines. John Young stayed with NASA for decades afterward and flew the shuttle.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:06 PM

3,231 posts, read 3,360,329 times
Many people will not like me saying this, but military personnel have been used as guinea-pigs for every country all over the world. Obviously, the idea is to allow them to keep on functioning perfectly normally after they have been experimented on.

Sometimes this works and sometimes not. For example the Philadelphia experiment with the ship which was draped in huge electric and magnetic fields alledgedly had some serious physical effects on the navy personnel which were on the ship at the time of the experiment. It is suppoised to have effected both their minds and their physical bodies. Of course, no-one knows much about this one but as another example there have been medical claims from the guys who watched the H-bomb tests.

The development of mind control and programming might explain some of the shooting incidents we are seeing. If the technology is somehow flawed then people could get triggered by unexpected things and suddenly become killers. Many have shot themselves afterwards which suggests a "cleaning up" of evidence. I dont think we should look for psychological reasons in the persons past, but I think we should look for opportunities they may have had to become a potential super-soldier (gone wrong) for a domestic/foreign government agency somewhere.

Quote:
If the flying disks/Foo Fighters existed during WWII, why didn't the country(s) that had them use them for military purposes during the war? Wouldn't Germany use them rather than lose the war?
I feel that the technology was probably in development at the time because the only other explanation I can come up with is that they are alien craft. That is not an acceptable idea to many folks at the moment.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:01 PM

6,990 posts, read 6,737,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
If we were to overlay the people who do not believe in the moon landing with the people who believe the earth is flat...would we be talking about the same subset?
Maybe a few get lumped in together but that is straw-man arguing at it's worst. It's up there with that windbag DeGrasse-Tyson declaring it easier to just go to the Moon rather than make a reproduction of a moon landing on a movie sound stage. It's a zippy little argument that has no basis in reality. It's pure logical fallacy.

Flat Earth is a ridiculous theory pushed by religious zealots. It took me not much time at all to figure that out and move on. The moon landing hoax is nothing of the sort. It's not only a plausible theory, it's a probable one to anybody who has bothered to take even a cursory look at the counter evidence and get the big picture before dismissing it out of hand. I'm willing to bet most of the people in here that are so certain it happened the way NASA told us it happened have not spent much time at all looking at any of the compelling arguments condemning the Moon landings. (I suppose I don't spend much time hunting around for evidence to support things I don't want to be true either.)

Old 05-17-2018, 10:42 PM

20,681 posts, read 14,654,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Referring to the second paragraph of the abbreviated post above, if something like that happened, it may explain Buzz Aldrin's depression and alcoholism, and Neil Armstrong turning into a recluse (I think he became a recluse but I'm not certain-maybe someone else more familiar with his career can chime in).
"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Buzz Aldrin was in the same boat.

What, exactly, do you do for an encore, after you've walked on the Moon?

What could you possibly do now, that would even remotely compare to that feat?

There were no more challenges.

Aldrin had a hard time coming to grips with that, although he eventually did after years of therapy, life just wasn't the same for him.

Neil Armstrong did not become a recluse. He became Professor Neil Armstrong and taught physics and other sciences at the University of Cincinnati.

He taught there for about 8 years or so, leaving before I was enrolled at the University.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Maybe a few get lumped in together but that is straw-man arguing at it's worst. It's up there with that windbag DeGrasse-Tyson declaring it easier to just go to the Moon rather than make a reproduction of a moon landing on a movie sound stage. It's a zippy little argument that has no basis in reality. It's pure logical fallacy.
So, then, why didn't other foreign States challenge the US claim?

The Chinese never challenged the US claim, and neither did the Soviets, the East Germans, the British, French or any other State.

The Soviets had the most to lose, yet you never heard a peep out of them.

It would have been a major coup for the Soviets to repudiate the US claim, yet they did not.

Even after the fall of the Soviet Union, there's nothing in their archives that even remotely suggests they doubted the US.

The point being such a conspiracy is not confined to NASA and the US government, rather it's a global conspiracy by every existing State.

What I'm seeing is really bad science presented by people who don't even understand science.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:51 AM

7,129 posts, read 3,895,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Buzz Aldrin was in the same boat.

What, exactly, do you do for an encore, after you've walked on the Moon?

What could you possibly do now, that would even remotely compare to that feat?

There were no more challenges.

Aldrin had a hard time coming to grips with that, although he eventually did after years of therapy, life just wasn't the same for him.

Neil Armstrong did not become a recluse. He became Professor Neil Armstrong and taught physics and other sciences at the University of Cincinnati.

He taught there for about 8 years or so, leaving before I was enrolled at the University.

So, then, why didn't other foreign States challenge the US claim?

The Chinese never challenged the US claim, and neither did the Soviets, the East Germans, the British, French or any other State.

The Soviets had the most to lose, yet you never heard a peep out of them.

It would have been a major coup for the Soviets to repudiate the US claim, yet they did not.

Even after the fall of the Soviet Union, there's nothing in their archives that even remotely suggests they doubted the US.

The point being such a conspiracy is not confined to NASA and the US government, rather it's a global conspiracy by every existing State.

What I'm seeing is really bad science presented by people who don't even understand science.
Buzz also was an alcoholic even before heading to the moon. He also had no other plan in life, which is tough. He probably would have been better off being on a later mission with less fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or