U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2017, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
15,221 posts, read 10,207,049 times
Reputation: 12912

Advertisements

If you like this thread, you will absolutely love this.


 
Old 11-26-2017, 08:32 PM
 
1,409 posts, read 837,344 times
Reputation: 2336
Well after all there have been a lot of people who reported they've seen UFO's.. so sometimes you never know
 
Old 11-26-2017, 08:44 PM
 
12,023 posts, read 4,831,216 times
Reputation: 29453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Well after all there have been a lot of people who reported they've seen UFO's.. so sometimes you never know
Yes, there are cave drawings thousands of years ago that look exactly like UFOs and aliens of recent years.

So yes. It does seem possible - even likely - that there have been extraterrestrials who have visited planet Earth. It is amazing that their characterizations look the exact same. Of the Alien visitors. Thousands of years ago, and now. These aliens look exactly the same. Skinny useless bodies, bulbous heads, almond shaped upturned huge eyes.

On the other hand, we're talking right now of the recent space program. Americans landed on the moon. That much I know for sure.
 
Old 11-26-2017, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Oregon Coast
5,847 posts, read 2,403,783 times
Reputation: 7776
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
There were six manned moon landings between 1969 and 1972.

Why don't we go back now? It's very expensive, and there's no compelling reason to make a short trip. We've been there, done that. Not going to find anything new and exciting on the moon in a brief visit. I don't think we'll go back until (if & when) there is a plan for people to stay on the moon for an extended time.
I disagree, that there is no compelling reason for a moon trip at this time. The first compelling reason. I don't think anyone is satisfied with the image quality of the video and pictures taken on the moon between 1969 and 1972. I think most people want some decent high definition images of the surface of the moon. The second compelling reason, I'm not sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure that after 50 years, scientists must have a few new experiments they would like to conduct on the moon. Technology has improved a lot in 50 years. A lot more data could be gathered on the moon today.

Now, the real reason we have no plans to go back to the moon at this time. In order to go to the moon, you have to have a space program. At this point, we don't have one. As much as some don't want to admit it, the US is not the country it was in 1969. We are not that competitive any more. There will be future moon flights, but not by the US. It will probably be by the Chinese or the Russians, when they are ready.
 
Old 11-26-2017, 09:32 PM
 
5,789 posts, read 7,175,112 times
Reputation: 3017
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I don't think we'll go back until (if & when) there is a plan for people to stay on the moon for an extended time.
I thought the plan was to colonize the moon?
 
Old 11-26-2017, 09:34 PM
 
5,789 posts, read 7,175,112 times
Reputation: 3017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
One of my favorite YouTube videos. Go Buzz!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UryIstlIGks
Why did Buzz have the radars turned on when the lunar module was descending for the moon landing? What was he trying to avoid - other UFOs?
 
Old 11-26-2017, 10:32 PM
 
1,437 posts, read 762,281 times
Reputation: 3739
I think there's no doubt we went there.....as others have pointed out we did it numerous times and Russia, etc. would've exposed any hoax to embarrass and lessen the USA in the world's eyes if they could have during those cold war times. Also, as has been said many times, three people can keep a secret....if two of them are dead.

One thing that keeps these conspiracies alive is the apparent bumbling of NASA and their apparent inability to protect such evidence of the moon landings. For example....them announcing that they had lost the original color/better definition videos of the moon landing.....not only that they were lost but that they had taped over them !!??? WTF?? Really?... tapes and/or any evidence of the most important achievement in the history of mankind should have been in a secure vault with 24 hr surveillance if not an armed guard. Then there's stuff about how they lost the blueprints to the Saturn V rockets and telemetry records. Things like that make them look like inept nerds but give conspiracy theorists fodder to make it look nefarious and keep such claims of a hoax alive.
 
Old 11-26-2017, 10:41 PM
 
197 posts, read 111,413 times
Reputation: 789
We went
When anything was faked it was to fill in the gaps of what Your shouldn’t see
Or just outright deleted. My favorites were video timecode and film packs with missing frames.
Like they were developed by Photomat, Sorry Lady Your Pictures Didn’t come out
 
Old 11-27-2017, 12:13 AM
 
650 posts, read 339,923 times
Reputation: 1894
What's crazy is that we haven't been back to the moon. Reading the design of what might have been:

https://www.livescience.com/15900-apollo-canceled.html

is truly painful. Why didn't we go back, build that laboratory, and have a semi-permanent presence on the moon. I'll tell you why. The reason is that we have leaders (of both parties in the USA and in many other countries, too) that have ZERO vision. ZIP. NADA! And we pay for it big time.

This is but one of countless examples of how much we pay for it, how much we lose because of it. We got to the threshold . . . and even took one AMAZING step through the door to becoming an advanced civilization spread across multiple worlds. But idiot leaders called us back and shut the door. Since then human-staffed flight has just been circling the planet. Circling the drain?
 
Old 11-27-2017, 12:51 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
1,983 posts, read 909,479 times
Reputation: 5086
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If you like this thread, you will absolutely love this.
You beat me to the Capricorn 1 reference. Great movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:01 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top