U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2018, 07:57 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950

Advertisements

Hulsker 1856, I suspected a plasma physicist working in the defence industry might know something about nuclear isotopes but obviously not if, as you say, he has it all wrong.

However, it is telling you appear to be doing a hatchet job on Dr John Brandenburg for no partuicular reason other than you do not like what he claims and what I said. Yes what I said was what I understood from a scientist. One of those people who we are 'supposed' to listen to as the 'experts'. I am not a scientist and I wonder if you are either - because you are not very generous to your colleagues if you are.

Anyway, here is some 'evidence' which may make you change your mind.

Link 1
From The Society for Planetary SETI Research
Quote:
Co-author, with DiPietro & Molenaar, of the fourth edition of Unusual Mars Surface Features. Plasma Physicist working primarily on the theory of magnetic confinement of plasmas for fusion power and defense-related areas of plasma physics. Unified Field Theories. Coauthor with Monica Paxton on book Dead Mars - Dying Earth.

Further publications and presentations:
M.R. Paxson, S.K. Corrick, J.E. Brandenburg, "All Sinks Plus: The Implications of the Obvious," American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting, Sept. 1999.
J.E. Brandenburg, M.R. Paxson, Dead Mars, Dying Earth, The Crossing Press, 1999.
J.E. Brandenburg, "On the Effect of Large LEO Satcom Constellations on the Lower Thermosphere." American Geophysical Union, Spring Meeting, June 2, 1999.
J. Erjavec, J.E. Brandenburg, "Evidence for a Paleo-Ocean Shoreline, Sedimentary Features and Water Erosion in Cydonia," American Geophysical Union, Spring Meeting, June 3, 1999.
H. Moore, J.E. Brandenburg, S.K. Corrick, A. Sirisena, "Ice Found in Craters in Cydonia," American Geophysical Union, Spring Meeting, June 3, 1999.
J.E. Brandenburg, J.F. Kline, V.R. DiPietro (Research Support Instruments) "Progress on the CMTX (Colliding Micro-Tori eXperiment)," a poster session presented at the 1998 Division of Plasma Physics Meeting of the American Physical Society, Nov. 17, 1998

Position statement: "The objects in Cydonia appear to be heavily eroded, which makes interpretation difficult, however, this erosion is consistent with the Cydonian Hypothesis, which dates them from a period of earthlike climate on Mars, and also similar to the condition of ancient earth archeology. In the Cydonian Hypothesis, published in 1990, it was predicted that, despite erosion, new details suggesting archeological origin would be found, if the objects were in fact archeological. As is discussed in the book 'Dead Mars Dying Earth', such new details are in fact apparent. Therefore, given the totality of new Mars data, the Cydonian Hypothesis has gained ground. More images should be taken by the MGS in Cydonia, while it can still take them."
Link 2
Quote:
Is it a nuclear cloud? Dr. John Brandenburg writes in his recent book, “Death on Mars: The Discovery of a Planetary Nuclear Massacre,” that the “high concentration” of Xenon-129 in the Martian atmosphere and uranium and thorium on the surface are remnants of a nuclear explosion by an alien invader that wiped out two ancient Martian civilizations. Have they come back? Was the explosion from an old leftover bomb? Is there a war on Mars we don’t know about?
Link 3
Quote:
Brandenburg’s book is called “Death on Mars: The Discovery of a Planetary Nuclear Massacre” and will be published in February 2015. He reviews portions of his findings at the 2014 Annual Fall Meeting of the American Physical Society and in a paper to be published in the Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.
Link 4
Quote:
Claims that the Martian surface and atmosphere had suffered massive nuclear explosions were first made by Professor John Brandenburg, who presented evidence in a paper titled, “Massive Thermonuclear Explosions in Mars Past, The Cydonian Hypothesis and Fermi’s Paradox,” that an ancient Mars civilization was wiped out by massive nuclear explosions.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 07-05-2018 at 08:08 AM..

 
Old 07-05-2018, 12:23 PM
 
7,168 posts, read 3,920,595 times
Reputation: 6765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Hulsker 1856, I suspected a plasma physicist working in the defence industry might know something about nuclear isotopes but obviously not if, as you say, he has it all wrong.

However, it is telling you appear to be doing a hatchet job on Dr John Brandenburg for no partuicular reason other than you do not like what he claims and what I said. Yes what I said was what I understood from a scientist. One of those people who we are 'supposed' to listen to as the 'experts'. I am not a scientist and I wonder if you are either - because you are not very generous to your colleagues if you are.

Anyway, here is some 'evidence' which may make you change your mind.

Link 1
From The Society for Planetary SETI Research
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Have you actually READ the Cydonian Hypothesis? It basically says that due to the discovery of the “face”, previous civilizations cannot be ruled out.

It does not say there were civilizations.

The “face” has been debunked with newer and higher resolution imaging.



Therefore the whole hypothesis falls apart. And despite your laundry list of scientists this paper was written by Brandenburg and two systems/imaging analysts. As new imaging eliminates the “face” the latter two authors are irrelevant.

My only real response to you is
 
Old 07-05-2018, 02:56 PM
 
12,333 posts, read 3,249,816 times
Reputation: 8207
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Yes, it’s what fed the whole moon landing hoax to begin with.
Im kind of surprised they even allowed such a movie to be made in the first place!

I think a lot of people are so dis trusting and suspicious of Govt, anything they say or do, some people automatically question it. the movie 'Chappaquiddick' is another good example of this, a powerful man gets in some legal trouble and Govt swarms in, trying to come up with lies to feed the public (they had him 'diagnosed' before the doctor had even seen him!).

Govt and govt agencies are just not trustworthy.
 
Old 07-05-2018, 03:34 PM
 
33,821 posts, read 17,312,451 times
Reputation: 18556
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im kind of surprised they even allowed such a movie to be made in the first place!
Who's "they" who hold such control over what movies are made?
 
Old 07-05-2018, 08:20 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68
My only real response to you is [face-slap]
I am fed up with people trying to discredit me when if anyone, you should all focus on discrediting the author - except you have to have equal qualifications and experience to critisize him with any validity. Otherwise people will not take your opinion with any weight.

I certainly dont place any weight on what people on here think as they are probably not particularly high up in scientific circles. If they were, they would be having better discussions on other more scientific forums not CD.

It is Dr Brandenburg who believes this stuff enough to write papers and give lectures. As I said, I recognize his qualifications and his experience and his career path and just like everyone else, we all make our choices accordingly as to what to believe or not.

I happen to NOT believe "the face" is anything particularly meaningful and if you read carefully, I never said I did.

Now, since I have received other input into this subject, I happen to think what he says about nuclear war on Mars is probably true, so since we can all believe what we want, there should be no more discussion about how stupid or not I happen to be. Right? Unless, of course you have another agenda.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 07-05-2018 at 09:36 PM..
 
Old 07-06-2018, 01:10 PM
 
7,168 posts, read 3,920,595 times
Reputation: 6765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am fed up with people trying to discredit me when if anyone, you should all focus on discrediting the author - except you have to have equal qualifications and experience to critisize him with any validity. Otherwise people will not take your opinion with any weight.

Quote:
Now, since I have received other input into this subject, I happen to think what he says about nuclear war on Mars is probably true, so since we can all believe what we want, there should be no more discussion about how stupid or not I happen to be. Right? Unless, of course you have another agenda.
Again,

You use one data point to denote a trend. A paper which has been discredited. Written by an author who profits by such insinuations.

Show me ANY other reputable peer-reviewed articles that show the elevated ratio of 129Xenon to 132Xenon in the atmosphere of Mars is likely due to nuclear explosions. There ARE simpler explanations.

Here’s a book you might enjoy.

 
Old 07-06-2018, 01:59 PM
 
33,821 posts, read 17,312,451 times
Reputation: 18556
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
The “face” has been debunked with newer and higher resolution imaging.
"They" got to it and demolished it with nuclear weapons. Don't you see?
 
Old 07-06-2018, 05:16 PM
 
7,168 posts, read 3,920,595 times
Reputation: 6765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"They" got to it and demolished it with nuclear weapons. Don't you see?
Now you’re making sense. Or perhaps it was space aliens from one of Jupiter’s moons with large chisels?
 
Old 07-07-2018, 04:14 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
Reputation: 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68
You use one data point to denote a trend. A paper which has been discredited. Written by an author who profits by such insinuations.
Show me ANY other reputable peer-reviewed articles that show the elevated ratio of 129Xenon to 132Xenon in the atmosphere of Mars is likely due to nuclear explosions. There ARE simpler explanations.
What trend? There is no trend here.
Who has discredited the paper. References to back up your opinions please. So far we only have your opinion and we dont know your credentials and 'authority' to make these opinions. Why should we believe you?

In the thread I said that there were 2 nuclear explosions on Mars and I gave a reference to the paper which led me (remember I am not a scientist) to believe this.

The guy who wrote the paper IS A PLASMA PHYSICIST who published papers (as any scientist who wants to stay current has to do) and worked for the government on defence contracts. He has credentials, where are yours? He is the one who has put forward the suggestion of nuclear explosions. I have no idea if there are other papers on this subject, but as far as I know, Dr Brandenburg was the one who proposed this idea when he wrote the paper and lectured on it. If you had read the links, you would know, but you obviously have not read them.

Many scientists have written books and many have profited by speaking at conferences etc. So, whats the big deal?
 
Old 07-07-2018, 06:06 AM
 
7,168 posts, read 3,920,595 times
Reputation: 6765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What trend? There is no trend here.
Who has discredited the paper. References to back up your opinions please. So far we only have your opinion and we dont know your credentials and 'authority' to make these opinions. Why should we believe you?

In the thread I said that there were 2 nuclear explosions on Mars and I gave a reference to the paper which led me (remember I am not a scientist) to believe this.

The guy who wrote the paper IS A PLASMA PHYSICIST who published papers (as any scientist who wants to stay current has to do) and worked for the government on defence contracts. He has credentials, where are yours? He is the one who has put forward the suggestion of nuclear explosions. I have no idea if there are other papers on this subject, but as far as I know, Dr Brandenburg was the one who proposed this idea when he wrote the paper and lectured on it. If you had read the links, you would know, but you obviously have not read them.

Many scientists have written books and many have profited by speaking at conferences etc. So, whats the big deal?
I’m done responding. I should have known better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top