U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 11:26 AM

33,708 posts, read 17,275,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Why did Buzz have the radars turned on when the lunar module was descending for the moon landing? What was he trying to avoid - other UFOs?
In the interest of fighting ignorance: The Lunar Modules had radar to assist in landing and docking. When landing on the lunar surface, it's really practical to know your speed & distance.

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/ApolloLMRadarTND6849.pdf

Old 11-27-2017, 11:34 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,294,215 times
I'm a conspiracy theorist, and the idea that the moon landings were either faked in part or in total (like we went there but what everyone saw on their TV wasn't the actual landing but a studio reproduction) is intriguing.

However, to all you new johny-come-recent pysop-fodder conspiracy hipsters, always step back and take a 1000 foot view when someone makes a claim. It is good advice you really should do it more often. The 1000 foot view makes you think about how complex this conspiracy would have to be...the amount of people involved. It gets complex fast...almost too complex to make a theory about a reflection on a visor (that really could be anything) or an alleged piece of trash in a frame a bit munch to put weight on when comparing the complexity of how many, many people would have to be involved in pulling this off. Now don't just throw that reflection out of your mind outright. Store it, it might come into play later for another conspiracy that has nothing to do with the moon and has everything to do with something larger...

But don't give up young'ens, plenty of real dark things to discover, and the moon is still a place of mystery. People talk about us going back five times to the moon...you sure about that? You sure we haven't been far beyond the moon and stepped foot other places too? Were the Apollo missions it? Were there other programs running in tandem that never were cancelled?

I don't know. No one outside of those involved would know (awww...you thought the blogosphere was all knowning and because of the interwebs you can learn all things...nope). But there is more evidence to put weight on that there than a blurred enhanced 'shoped photo...

Just say'en.

Last edited by infocyde; 11-27-2017 at 11:43 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 11:38 AM

5,771 posts, read 7,166,807 times
We all know the moon is hollow. What is inside?

Old 11-27-2017, 11:46 AM

1,409 posts, read 836,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
We all know the moon is hollow. What is inside?
When I was 5, my dad told me it was made of cheese..

Old 11-27-2017, 11:50 AM

3,907 posts, read 2,975,934 times
Who really cares about this? Our government lies to us about so many things that it would not surprise me. But clearly they could go now if there was something there that they wanted. If it was made of OIL you can bet they would be making regular trips.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:52 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,094,123 times
If the moon landing was fake, how is it we can see the evidence of the moon landing from Earth? You can see the moon landing sites (even the rover tracks) with a telescope.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:55 AM

698 posts, read 430,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
When I was 5, my dad told me it was made of cheese..
And that cows jumped over it?

As for government lying, it tends to be those we have elected who engage in that.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:11 PM

1,409 posts, read 836,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendorDude View Post
And that cows jumped over it?

As for government lying, it tends to be those we have elected who engage in that.
Yes thanks for reminding me how it goes "and the cow jumped over the moon"---when I was 7 I saw a blimp and thought it was a huge fish floating in the sky

Old 11-27-2017, 12:13 PM

33,708 posts, read 17,275,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
If the moon landing was fake, how is it we can see the evidence of the moon landing from Earth? You can see the moon landing sites (even the rover tracks) with a telescope.
In the interest of strict factuality, this is not the case. The LRO took some very good images of the landing sites, but the're not discernible from Earth.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:19 PM

20,920 posts, read 9,820,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Who really cares about this? Our government lies to us about so many things that it would not surprise me. But clearly they could go now if there was something there that they wanted. If it was made of OIL you can bet they would be making regular trips.
No they wouldn't. We have OCEANS of oil, and natural gas here in the U.S., and finding more all the time. The lunar program was strictly about beating the Russians, and as a potential defense move. There is no reason to go there anymore. The Space Program was a product of the Cold War, nothing more. Sputnik, then Yuri Gagarin scared the Hell out of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or