Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 4 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 976,158 times

Advertisements

So, what if Mars was actually a second Earth (identical gravity, magnetic field, atmosphere, temperature, water, minerals)? Assume that 25% of the surface is land mass in random fashion, but no intelligent life forms.

Given knowledge of this planet: when would the earliest possible human visit be/have been? Would we approach setting up permanent colonies there? If so, how would the first colony be set-up? Could Earth and Earth 2 communicate?

Last edited by g500; 12-05-2017 at 08:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 08:30 PM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
LOL! I think Edgar Rice Burroughs responded in detail with the "John Carter" stories. When you set up hypothetical situations that have no chance of existing in real life, you get to play god and write the storyline. Example: you could make your Mars closer to Earth orbit to make conditions more similar and distances less.

A reality is that when different ecologies are brought into contact bad things happen to one or the other or both. Chinese privet and Canadian thistle and Japanese Kudzu seem intent on taking over Alabama. European diseases decimated the native Americans even before many had direct contact. With your scenario, there is reason to worry that anything up to and including the day of the Triffids could happen.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
I heard about a Rush Limbaugh TV show episode back in the 1990s, when he referred to certain powerful families thru out history, and some kind of link to an ancient Mars civilization. It was kind of an odd bizarre thing, but he claimed there was proof of this. I have been meaning to do some digging on this and see what its all about. I remember reading something many years ago that mentioned Mars in relation to genealogy, it had something to do with certain blood lines if Im not mistaken, does this sound familiar to anyone?

Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 AM

Rush Limbaugh??? These are the science forums. The only relation between Limbaugh and science is his experiments finding how many drugs he could take and still have people follow him.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Rush Limbaugh??? These are the science forums. The only relation between Limbaugh and science is his experiments finding how many drugs he could take and still have people follow him.
I know its bizarre. Ive googled it before and surprisingly alot of results for it, pretty easy to find the episode number.

Im not sure how he got on the topic or what they were discussing when this came up, but from what Ive read and seen, Limbaugh claims to have seen top secret documents that allude to certain families genealogy originating on Mars and a kind of 'panspermia', but only for a handful of bloodlines/ families, and they have all been powerful influential people.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I know its bizarre. Ive googled it before and surprisingly alot of results for it, pretty easy to find the episode number.

Im not sure how he got on the topic or what they were discussing when this came up, but from what Ive read and seen, Limbaugh claims to have seen top secret documents that allude to certain families genealogy originating on Mars and a kind of 'panspermia', but only for a handful of bloodlines/ families, and they have all been powerful influential people.
To quote Mr. Macky on old South Park episodes, "Drugs are bad, m'okay?"

Old 12-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
To quote Mr. Macky on old South Park episodes, "Drugs are bad, m'okay?"
Panspermia is not that bizarre or 'off the wall' in my opinion.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:13 PM

The concept of Limbaugh's sperm all over everything is slightly different than rudimentary building blocks of life existing and impregnating planets where life might exist. Just sayin...

Old 12-15-2017, 07:37 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I heard about a Rush Limbaugh TV show episode back in the 1990s, when he referred to certain powerful families thru out history, and some kind of link to an ancient Mars civilization. It was kind of an odd bizarre thing, but he claimed there was proof of this. I have been meaning to do some digging on this and see what its all about. I remember reading something many years ago that mentioned Mars in relation to genealogy, it had something to do with certain blood lines if Im not mistaken, does this sound familiar to anyone?
Huh.

I would have thought that if there was proof of a civilization on Mars, I would have heard of it.

But, hey, if Rush says it's so, it must be so!

Old 12-16-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Huh.

I would have thought that if there was proof of a civilization on Mars, I would have heard of it.

Im not so sure about that, such a thing would be disastrous for various religions, it would also conflict with the history we are all taught.

I think they would do everything they could to keep this kind of thing from the public.

Im going to read up on this again, its been awhile, but I do recall it had something to do with certain bloodlines, the genealogy of families like the Rockefellers, Bilderbergs, etc, It wasnt as 'sci-fi' as it sounds though.

If you are interested, it was an episode in the early or mid 90s, Google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space