U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2018, 09:17 AM
 
2,959 posts, read 1,125,190 times
Reputation: 1997

Advertisements

I don’t see any reason why aliens would avoid us. If they went out of their way to reach Earth, then they likely would attempt to interact with humanity in either a constructive or destructive manner.

The truth is that there may be many alien civilizations out there, but they are located so far away that communication remains unfeasable.

Another thing worth pointing out is that galactic empires that conquer planets to plunder their resources are a staple of sci-fi (particularly space operas) but don’t really work when applying logistics to our own universe. How does a civilization communicate over such distances when many star systems are light years apart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2018, 11:13 AM
 
12,279 posts, read 3,238,906 times
Reputation: 8168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I don’t see any reason why aliens would avoid us. If they went out of their way to reach Earth, then they likely would attempt to interact with humanity in either a constructive or destructive manner.

The truth is that there may be many alien civilizations out there, but they are located so far away that communication remains unfeasable.

Another thing worth pointing out is that galactic empires that conquer planets to plunder their resources are a staple of sci-fi (particularly space operas) but don’t really work when applying logistics to our own universe. How does a civilization communicate over such distances when many star systems are light years apart?
You have formed your assumption about interstellar communication, based on HUMAN understanding though, sure we cant do this, not even close, but that doesnt mean, some other civilization, one that may have been around for 100s of 1000s of years, has not.

I always laugh when I hear people speculate about whether aliens have been here or not, they always bring up the distance thing, just because humans have not figured out a way, its impossible for anyone!

Most people like this fail to take into consideration, humans, where we are at technology-wise, are somewhere between a lab rat and a cockroach compared to more advanced extraterrestrial civilizations, they wouldnt see the point of trying to communicate with a species like us...when is the last time someone tried to explain the ways of the world to a lab rat after all?!! (even if they did, the rat would not be able to comprehend what it was being told). same thing applies when it comes to human/ aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 04:34 PM
 
2,959 posts, read 1,125,190 times
Reputation: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You have formed your assumption about interstellar communication, based on HUMAN understanding though, sure we cant do this, not even close, but that doesnt mean, some other civilization, one that may have been around for 100s of 1000s of years, has not.

I always laugh when I hear people speculate about whether aliens have been here or not, they always bring up the distance thing, just because humans have not figured out a way, its impossible for anyone!

Most people like this fail to take into consideration, humans, where we are at technology-wise, are somewhere between a lab rat and a cockroach compared to more advanced extraterrestrial civilizations, they wouldnt see the point of trying to communicate with a species like us...when is the last time someone tried to explain the ways of the world to a lab rat after all?!! (even if they did, the rat would not be able to comprehend what it was being told). same thing applies when it comes to human/ aliens.
I see where you’re coming at with this angle, but in order for interstellar communication to become viable, the laws of physics would need to alter dramatically.

How does an alien overcome the finite speed of light that governs all objects with mass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Westwood, MA
3,608 posts, read 4,776,709 times
Reputation: 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You have formed your assumption about interstellar communication, based on HUMAN understanding though, sure we cant do this, not even close, but that doesnt mean, some other civilization, one that may have been around for 100s of 1000s of years, has not.

I always laugh when I hear people speculate about whether aliens have been here or not, they always bring up the distance thing, just because humans have not figured out a way, its impossible for anyone!

Most people like this fail to take into consideration, humans, where we are at technology-wise, are somewhere between a lab rat and a cockroach compared to more advanced extraterrestrial civilizations, they wouldnt see the point of trying to communicate with a species like us...when is the last time someone tried to explain the ways of the world to a lab rat after all?!! (even if they did, the rat would not be able to comprehend what it was being told). same thing applies when it comes to human/ aliens.
I always laugh when people refute scientific evidence with absolutely no evidence at all. It’s not like an alien vessel landed in Times Square and we’re saying that it’s impossible because of distance. We haven’t found aliens. Either they have magic technology, keep themselves well hidden, and are protected by a government that can barely keep anything secret or they’re too far away.

It’s certainly possible that there are aliens hanging out everywhere and we are totally wrong about causality, but there’s no evidence to support either conclusion. There is evidence that the speed of light is the universal limiting speed (essentially all evidence we’ve collected).

You can add any sort of omnipotent or nearly omnipotent unobservable being to the boring physical model of the universe we have. They could be advanced aliens, or God, or inter dimensional hamsters. And many people do. It’s just that you don’t have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2018, 03:59 AM
 
Location: Riachella, Victoria, Australia
359 posts, read 563,696 times
Reputation: 378
I am an alien. My home planet is Mars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2018, 10:01 AM
 
12,279 posts, read 3,238,906 times
Reputation: 8168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I always laugh when people refute scientific evidence with absolutely no evidence at all. It’s not like an alien vessel landed in Times Square and we’re saying that it’s impossible because of distance. We haven’t found aliens. Either they have magic technology, keep themselves well hidden, and are protected by a government that can barely keep anything secret or they’re too far away.

It’s certainly possible that there are aliens hanging out everywhere and we are totally wrong about causality, but there’s no evidence to support either conclusion. There is evidence that the speed of light is the universal limiting speed (essentially all evidence we’ve collected).

You can add any sort of omnipotent or nearly omnipotent unobservable being to the boring physical model of the universe we have. They could be advanced aliens, or God, or inter dimensional hamsters. And many people do. It’s just that you don’t have to.
They do keep themselves well hidden, but Im not sure how much our Govt has to do with this, although when it comes to the big secrets, US govt is extremely good at keeping them secret. A great example was the recent JFK files, they were only declassified because they had to be, under law, (the FBI and CIA even fought to keep parts of it secret), so in all this time, none of this has ever leaked out, thats pretty effective, considering how many people have come and gone from these agencies within that time.

You are wrong about aliens though, we HAVE found them. It was just a few weeks ago that the news broke about the Pentagons involvement, Harry Reid, etc. It specifically stated they HAVE recovered 'unknown metal alloys' from various UAPs over the years and some of these are kept at Bigelow Aerospace facilities.

Whatever these things are, they have been coming here for a VERY LONG TIME, I can give links to historical reports, some going back to the 1400s! If you read the witness descriptions, they are identical to what people today reporting seeing, its the same shapes, aerial capabilities, behavior, etc. Mis-IDs are a good alternative theory today, but when its before the airplane was invented, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2018, 03:08 PM
 
4,261 posts, read 8,016,210 times
Reputation: 6055
A researcher who worked on secret CIA UFO projects who is now in hiding said the northern lights are aliens' communications. We are just now beginning to decode their message.

Another researcher said earth is actually flat. The round earth, according to this researcher, is an illusion created by aliens to avoid a human panic.

One noted alien scholar recently revealed that earthquakes and tsunami are caused by massive underground alien construction projects.

Have you noticed that there are more obese people in the US than other places around the world? That's because aliens only come here at special USA and the foods responsible for our obesity were created by aliens for themselves. They gave us the food formula to prepare us to become like them. Something went wrong though. We were not supposed to get that fat.

I have read MANY reports, talk to NUMEROUS witnesses, and conducted MOUNTAINS of interviews of EXPERTS. However, I can not provide any names, website links, or anything to substantiate what I say because the government is keeping everything a secret.

You could believe I am telling the truth, or you could believe I pull this stuff out of my @ss. It's up to you.

Last edited by davidt1; 01-04-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2018, 04:25 PM
 
5,205 posts, read 8,209,144 times
Reputation: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You are wrong about aliens though, we HAVE found them. It was just a few weeks ago that the news broke about the Pentagons involvement, Harry Reid, etc. It specifically stated they HAVE recovered 'unknown metal alloys' from various UAPs over the years and some of these are kept at Bigelow Aerospace facilities.
You said: "You are wrong about aliens though, we HAVE found them." Found what? Unknown metal alloys? Aliens? What?

You are making an assumption that we have found aliens or solid evidence of alien space/air crafts. Just because "unknown metal alloys" were stored, does not mean they are remnants from a UAPs or UFOs, nor does it mean they are unknowable. All it means is that the alloys had been stored. If they're unknown, they probably haven't been tested and are still sitting in boxes on shelves collecting dust. For all we know, they might be fragments from meteors, asteroids or comets.
https://www.livescience.com/61253-alien-alloys.html

Here's what the New York Times (Dec. 16, 2017) article had to say about the storage of metal alloys:
Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/u...reid.html?_r=0

Apparently the objects and other material collected (recovered) by Luis Elizondo and program contractors came from other people, some of whom had claimed having experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects. They were examined for physiological changes. Nothing is said about whether there were any unusual changes though, so we have no idea what the conclusion of those exams were.

Harry Reid became interested in the subject of UFOs AFTER talking with Bigelow. Bigelow and Reid were friends. It was Bigelow who was collecting and storing this stuff in the first place and was absolutely convinced that aliens exist and UFOs have visited the Earth. Much of the funding for the government program ended up going to Bigelow's enterprise, thanks to Harry Reid. No wonder Bigelow is a billionaire.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whatever these things are, they have been coming here for a VERY LONG TIME, I can give links to historical reports, some going back to the 1400s!
Yes, please do provide some reliable links of historical reports going back to the 1400s. Many of your posts make extraordinary claims but don't include any references or links to support those claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2018, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,446 posts, read 11,239,900 times
Reputation: 28225
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
...you could believe I pull this stuff out of my @ss...
That's where I'm leaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2018, 11:33 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,240 posts, read 3,363,801 times
Reputation: 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar
Yes, please do provide some reliable links of historical reports going back to the 1400s. Many of your posts make extraordinary claims but don't include any references or links to support those claims.
I dont think anyone on here has the ability to properly evaluate 'evidence' in an objective scientific way, so just asking one person to provide such 'evidence' is not constructive. As I am sure you will agree, links are only as good as the authority behind them, so it depends what kind of evidence available in the 1400's you will accept. My guess is - none.

Communication is not limited to the speed of light, quantum computers have been developed which process instructions far faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top