Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 06:37 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Simply put, you didn't quote Sir Patrick Moore having supported your contention, but simply took one of his photographs and offered your own opinion of what it represented.
Clever guy. You are correct I didnt.

I did not claim to have his support for my interpretation or say anything of the kind. You are the one who just made that up.

All I did was link to the image on his website and yes, give my opinion/interpretation of a circular structure in the image. The circular structure has "standing-stone-like" objects in a circle with one in the middle. If you cannot see it, then thats really not my fault. I did cut a small piece out to try to make it clearer. I can point it out to you again though if you would like.

I am not offering 'proof' either. I am showing what I see as a circular structure on the Moon and saying it is anomalous because there is no scientifically explained precedent for this shape on the Moon. There is, however, similar shaped structures on Earth and that is Stonehenge and some other stone circles elsewhere.

Size has not got any bearing on the argument of whether there is an alien presence on the Moon. Why do you think it would have? Just because you cannot conceive of aliens other sizes does not mean there are none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 08:09 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
In the UK, there is/was a TV program called The Sky at Night and the presenter of it was Sir Patrick Moore. He was well-known in astronomical circles. He has died so no longer does the program and I am not sure whether it is still running on TV.

Wikipedia
OK, so we have now established his credentials which are impeccable, and his undoubtedly greater knowledge of what should and should not be on the surface of the Moon than anyone on here.

Here is his website which you can go to to find out the telescopic equipment he used.

Lets just start with a Stonehenge-like circle structure shall we?
This is a cut section from his gallery image c078

and to give the context, here is a larger area of that image.

Now, try for once to avoid criticizing the man who started many kids off on their astronomy interest and is a legend in his field.
Has anyone criticized him even once?

Quote:
Maybe you can tell me what you think this image is showing, because I see an obvious Stonehenge-like structure.
All I see are numerous meteor impact craters.
Quote:
It is not a craft, I grant you, but there are other craft-like anomalies in his images if you care to look for them.
Then why didn't you post one of those images instead of posting a picture of craters? You're the one who's trying to convince everyone that there are alien space craft on the Moon, and so you should post the alleged photos instead of telling others to look for them.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-20-2018 at 08:59 AM..

Old 02-20-2018, 02:40 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Because the US never went to the moon to begin with, it was just a massive hoax. If the US ever sends a craft to the moon, the first thing everyone will expect to see is pictures and videos of the original landing sites and the leftover gear. The government would either have to create another hoax to fake the pictures and 'bring back" 1960s gear or just do the easiest thing and never 'go back' to the moon citing budget issues or more important missions. If a private company ever makes noise about going to the moon the US government will get that project shut down very quickly.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Because the US never went to the moon to begin with, it was just a massive hoax. If the US ever sends a craft to the moon, the first thing everyone will expect to see is pictures and videos of the original landing sites and the leftover gear. The government would either have to create another hoax to fake the pictures and 'bring back" 1960s gear or just do the easiest thing and never 'go back' to the moon citing budget issues or more important missions. If a private company ever makes noise about going to the moon the US government will get that project shut down very quickly.
We DO have pictures of the original landing site and leftover equipment.

''NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has been circling the Moon for the past few years, snapping away, taking hi-res pictures of the lunar surface from a height of a mere 50 kilometers (30 miles). A few weeks ago, NASA commanded the probe to dip lower, allowing even closer, more detailed shots. Skimming the surface at a mere 21 km (13 miles), it took this amazing shot of a site where humans once walked on the Moon:''

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6073/...282c0538_o.jpg

LRO spots Apollo landing sites in high res - Bad Astronomy : Bad Astronomy

I have to wonder at what goes on in the minds of conspiracy theorists. We have all the evidence in the world that man has gone to the moon, including third party observers of the Apollo missions who were in no way connected with NASA.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:05 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
We went there a bunch of times. The public was no longer intrigued. My question may be why did we go so many times?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555
Has anyone criticized him even once?
I have no idea, the guy is dead and is not here to defend himself. I certainly dont want to defend him. If you need to attack someone who is now dead over something like this which really does not matter in the overall scheme of things, then shame on you.

Quote:
Then why didn't you post one of those images instead of posting a picture of craters?
The question was "why did we stop going to the Moon?" So I am offering some reason why we stopped, which has been suggested by other researchers on the internet. That reason is because there are already aliens there and they do not like us humans being there too.

I have offered some photographic evidence which suggests that someone built a large Stonehenge-like structure on the Moon. That might mean there is someone else there already or in the past. If they were there in the past, then they might still be there now.

Quote:
We all tend to 'see' what we want to see, However, if you cannot see the large Stonehenge-like structure I will circle it for you to avoid any confusion.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,718 times
Quote:
I have offered some photographic evidence which suggests that someone built a large Stonehenge-like structure on the Moon.
You're saying there are stone-age aliens living on the moon?

Old 02-20-2018, 10:43 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
...if you cannot see the large Stonehenge-like structure I will circle it for you to avoid any confusion.
Those are indentations, not protrusions. How much scientific education do you have? You keep making wild assertions that just aren't plausible.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I have no idea, the guy is dead and is not here to defend himself. I certainly dont want to defend him. If you need to attack someone who is now dead over something like this which really does not matter in the overall scheme of things, then shame on you.
You're the one who implied to whoever you were replying to that he was being criticized. You said, ''Now, try for once to avoid criticizing the man who started many kids off on their astronomy interest and is a legend in his field.''

Quote:
The question was "why did we stop going to the Moon?" So I am offering some reason why we stopped, which has been suggested by other researchers on the internet. That reason is because there are already aliens there and they do not like us humans being there too.

I have offered some photographic evidence which suggests that someone built a large Stonehenge-like structure on the Moon. That might mean there is someone else there already or in the past. If they were there in the past, then they might still be there now.

We all tend to 'see' what we want to see, However, if you cannot see the large Stonehenge-like structure I will circle it for you to avoid any confusion.
I saw them. They also appear in other craters in the same picture. They're just indentations around the edge of the craters.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Those are indentations, not protrusions. How much scientific education do you have? You keep making wild assertions that just aren't plausible.
Plausible - (of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable. Although I am not likening myself to any of the great inventors, scientists, etc, it is often the people who go against the popular understanding who make new discoveries. Wild assertions are only "wild" because they do not agree with popular understanding. It IS both reasonable and plausible to suggest that a circular structure regularly dotted around the circumference with smaller what-could-be rocks or boulders is NOT a natural feature of the landscape. Just like Stonehenge or Avebury stone circles are not a natural feature but created by intelligent design here on Earth.

Quote:
...They also appear in other craters in the same picture. They're just indentations around the edge of the craters.
I have highlighted the word 'just' in what you wrote because this is not a natural event on the lunar surface. It is not natural for these to appear in a circular pattern around the edge of craters.

OK, firstly how do we know they are indentations and not protrusions? I really think you are stretching the limits of belief for an explanation of this structure.

Next question, what natural lunar event do you suppose would cause a regular circular series of "indentations" around a crater rim? A meteor shower will certainly not cause that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space