U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 04:27 PM

2,959 posts, read 1,122,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Well, I hope you are not arrested or convicted for anything because you may have to rely on it someday. Our courts accept it (I am not sure how they would work without it) but somehow it is just not good enough for you. Strange.

I think for the legal system it is the best of a bad job because they have to accept that some people tell the truth as much as they know that some people dont.

I am not saying ALL eye witnesses are telling the truth or are correctly identifying something, but you have to accept that there are some experts who have been trained in observation, such as law enforcement, military spotters, etc. Some other people are just born good observers too. Of course, even these trained people can get it wrong but they are more likely to get it correct than other people perhaps.
How would be obtain definitive proof from spacecraft as most target large celestial objects? Perhaps if we landed probes on Europa, Enceladus or Titan we might be able to find something. We already know that Titan has methane lakes and the other moons are thought to have subsurface oceans.

Does "alien life" need to be sentient? What if we discover some aquatic species there?

Out of curiosity, what's your take on the "Ancient Astronaut" theory? Do you believe that the Egyptian pyramids were built by another civilization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 07:03 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,361,904 times
Quote:
Does "alien life" need to be sentient? What if we discover some aquatic species there?
Out of curiosity, what's your take on the "Ancient Astronaut" theory? Do you believe that the Egyptian pyramids were built by another civilization?
No-one says that alien life has to be sentient as all possibilities are on the table. Not all life on Earth is sentient is it?

For me, the explanations given for the huge stone structures built up mountains in Peru or the other huge stones intricately placed in stone structures across the world does not make sense. I cannot see ancient man dragging all these stones up a mountainside. So, yes I do. But also because there is other what-I-see-as-evidence pointing to alien existence on Earth starting a long, long time ago.

If you care to believe the stories you hear from archeologists or others that the stones were dragged around and up mountains on wooden rollers using thousands of slaves, then thats fine by me - although I think it is rather simplistic to think that way, just as you probably think it is gullible to think of ancient aliens existence

Old 02-20-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
No-one says that alien life has to be sentient as all possibilities are on the table. Not all life on Earth is sentient is it?
Definitely. It's just that a lit of people define sluen life as sentient in nature, or at least that's what they are looking for

Quote:
For me, the explanations given for the huge stone structures built up mountains in Peru or the other huge stones intricately placed in stone structures across the world does not make sense. I cannot see ancient man dragging all these stones up a mountainside. So, yes I do. But also because there is other what-I-see-as-evidence pointing to alien existence on Earth starting a long, long time ago.

If you care to believe the stories you hear from archeologists or others that the stones were dragged around and up mountains on wooden rollers using thousands of slaves, then thats fine by me - although I think it is rather simplistic to think that way, just as you probably think it is gullible to think of ancient aliens existence
I'm on the fence regarding that. I've read multiple sources claiming different things. Some say that the construction of the pyramids can easily be explained, others not.

I'm a strong believer in aliens, by simple virtue of the universe's size. Whether they visited Earth or not is a different matter altogether. I will say that I find the Ancient Astronaut theory fishy, as most explanations are vague.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:12 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,361,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident
I'm a strong believer in aliens, by simple virtue of the universe's size. Whether they visited Earth or not is a different matter altogether. I will say that I find the Ancient Astronaut theory fishy, as most explanations are vague.
How can they be anything BUT vague?

No-one knows what happened in those times and since most non-Indian people do not believe the ancient Indian vedic texts as witness testimony. These give a description of a war where nuclear weapons were used.

However, even if you do not believe the Indian religious texts there is independent evidence of this from scientists. Geologists and scintists have found a layer of rock which has radiation from an atomic blast and fused silica glass.

also here
and here

Of course, we (on CD forum) can all also dismiss these websites as religious, Ancient Astronaut websites, biased, lunatic fringe, or any other label which allows us to continue to believe what we want to believe. Thats OK too.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
How can they be anything BUT vague?

No-one knows what happened in those times and since most non-Indian people do not believe the ancient Indian vedic texts as witness testimony. These give a description of a war where nuclear weapons were used.

However, even if you do not believe the Indian religious texts there is independent evidence of this from scientists. Geologists and scintists have found a layer of rock which has radiation from an atomic blast and fused silica glass.

also here
and here

Of course, we (on CD forum) can all also dismiss these websites as religious, Ancient Astronaut websites, biased, lunatic fringe, or any other label which allows us to continue to believe what we want to believe. Thats OK too.
I remember reading about the Vimanas (flying machines) that feature prominently in some ancient Hindu texts. Apparently, the entire flight mechanics of these vehicles have been described in great detail.

One theory, one of my friends proposed was that the gods featured in many ancient religions could be the aliens that descended from the heavens to impart that knowledge.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:40 AM

12,229 posts, read 3,229,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I remember reading about the Vimanas (flying machines) that feature prominently in some ancient Hindu texts. Apparently, the entire flight mechanics of these vehicles have been described in great detail.

One theory, one of my friends proposed was that the gods featured in many ancient religions could be the aliens that descended from the heavens to impart that knowledge.
There are even instructions on how to build one these Vimanhas(spelling?).

I remember back in high school physics class, we did an experiment with two counter rotating magnetic rings, and the effects were incredible, it produced a small area of anti-gravity at the center, enough to keep a paperclip suspended. Ive always wondered why no one has ever attempted to scale this up and build something that is useful.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:14 PM

6,076 posts, read 2,762,253 times
Whaddya mean? He's right there in the "movie" section of your local public library.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:52 PM

20,693 posts, read 14,659,985 times
What has been described as a random evolution is in fact the metamorphosis and replication of living creatures which long ago lived on other planets.

There is a growing body of evidence demonstrating that life did not begin on this planet but began billions of years before Earth was formed (Anisimov 2010; Gibson and Wickramasinghe 2010; Goertzel and Combs, 2010; González-Díaz, 2010; Jose et al., 2010; Joseph 2009a; Joseph and Schild 2010; Line 2010; Poccia et al., 2010; Sharov 2009, 2010). There is also considerable evidence that the evolution of life on Earth has been directly impacted by viral and microbial genes which were acquired from life forms living on other planets (Joseph 2000, 2009b,c).

http://cosmology.com/Panspermia1.html

The likelihood of extra-terrestrial life is extremely high.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are even instructions on how to build one these Vimanhas(spelling?).

I remember back in high school physics class, we did an experiment with two counter rotating magnetic rings, and the effects were incredible, it produced a small area of anti-gravity at the center, enough to keep a paperclip suspended. Ive always wondered why no one has ever attempted to scale this up and build something that is useful.
I read about it in a book called Alien Ancestorsby Will Hart.

https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Alien.../dp/1591432537

Not sure what people think about him as I'm not familiar with the individual. I'm not even here to advocate his theory. Just read it out of curiosity. Even if most of his claims end up being bogus, he does raise some good points.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:50 AM

12,229 posts, read 3,229,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I read about it in a book called Alien Ancestorsby Will Hart.

https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Alien.../dp/1591432537

Not sure what people think about him as I'm not familiar with the individual. I'm not even here to advocate his theory. Just read it out of curiosity. Even if most of his claims end up being bogus, he does raise some good points.
N. Tesla designed an anti-grav/ electromagnetic vehicle. Unfortunately the plans are kept classified.

I can certainly understand why they did this though, if the general public knew they could build a vehicle like this, it would cripple the global economy overnight.

Invention Secrecy Act of 1951 does the same thing...basically suppresses anything that is 'too good' for the public. Its still in force today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or