U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 02:58 PM

537 posts, read 238,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
How would be obtain definitive proof from spacecraft as most target large celestial objects? Perhaps if we landed probes on Europa, Enceladus or Titan we might be able to find something. We already know that Titan has methane lakes and the other moons are thought to have subsurface oceans.

Does "alien life" need to be sentient? What if we discover some aquatic species there?

Out of curiosity, what's your take on the "Ancient Astronaut" theory? Do you believe that the Egyptian pyramids were built by another civilization?
What I find interesting about the pyramids, is they were not only Egyptian, but were built in many areas of the Earth roughly in the same time frame. They didn't have fax machines to share "how to build a pyramid worldwide. "

How could different cultures around the planet all have the same idea to build pyramids ?
That's what makes me believe the alien part of the discussion.

People seem to agree that if aliens could come to Earth they would have existed a lot longer than us and be far advanced. In our own society we create machines to do everything. If Aliens were to arrive, I think they would be Machines' gathering info. Aliens would never had seen humans, so they would not know how to program their machines to look for us. Being unable to distinguish us from a cow and just take samples of what it can.

But if the same ones that built the pyramids returned, all bets are off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 04:39 PM

2,959 posts, read 1,123,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
What I find interesting about the pyramids, is they were not only Egyptian, but were built in many areas of the Earth roughly in the same time frame. They didn't have fax machines to share "how to build a pyramid worldwide. "

How could different cultures around the planet all have the same idea to build pyramids ?

People seem to agree that if aliens could come to Earth they would have existed a lot longer than us and be far advanced. In our own society we create machines to do everything. If Aliens were to arrive, I think they would be Machines' gathering info. Aliens would never had seen humans, so they would not know how to program their machines to look for us. Being unable to distinguish us from a cow and just take samples of what it can.

They're not exactly the same types of pyramids though. The one's built by the Mayans and other Meso-american cultures are essentially step pyramids, similar to the ziggurats found in Mesopotamia.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:10 AM

3,240 posts, read 3,362,706 times
Quote:
They're not exactly the same types of pyramids though. The one's built by the Mayans and other Meso-american cultures are essentially step pyramids, similar to the ziggurats found in Mesopotamia.
Yet folks seem to forget many of these pyramids are often half-way up a mountain and the blocks of stone are still huge.

We still have not sorted out how the ancient people got these multi-ton blocks up the mountain/hill and how they placed them with often a perfect fit.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:02 PM

537 posts, read 238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yet folks seem to forget many of these pyramids are often half-way up a mountain and the blocks of stone are still huge.

We still have not sorted out how the ancient people got these multi-ton blocks up the mountain/hill and how they placed them with often a perfect fit.
Yeah, I have to think that there is more to it than just a bunch of people stacking rocks. People back then had to spend a lot of time just hunting and gathering food and water.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:43 PM

2,270 posts, read 935,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post

Let's consider this.

The tallest pyramids ever built are Egyptian. The Great Pyramid. The Red Pyramid. The Bent Pyramid. They all date to the mid-3rd millennium BC.

Then there's the Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum. Unlike the Eqyptian pyramids, it is not a true pyramid in shape. It is largely made of earth, not stone. And it dates to the 3rd century BC.

There's the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico. It dates to the second century AD. It is stone but it is not a true pyramid.

Tikal IV in Guatemala is not particularly pyramidal. It is a step pyramid, but more vertical than the horizontal-trending Pyramid of the Sun. It was built in the 8th century AD.

The Pyramids of Guimar are located in the Canary Islands. Rather than being of earth or hewn rock, they are made of natural unshaped stones. And they date to the 19th century.

Now, all of these buildings are described by the word 'pyramid' but none of them are all that alike. Now why, precisely, is the assistance of beings capable of interstellar travel required to create big piles of rock in dissimilar ways and dissimilar shapes? Also, they most certainly were not built in 'roughly the same time frame' - unless you consider the United States and Ancient Egypt to have existed in 'roughly the same time frame'.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:44 PM

OK, then let us also consider this then...

1) Many of the ancient stone structures have enormous multi-ton stones used in their construction.

2) Many of them are half way up a mountain or hill

3) Many of them are miles away from the quarry where the stones are extracted from.

4) Many of them contain huge stones which are "fitted" and fit with very little gap around them - almost as if they might have been poured into place.

5) There were often not the skilled stonemasons available in the required numbers to get these huge structures made in a reasonable amount of time (years).

5) Our archeological dating processes are currently not very accurate.

6) There are many anomalies in archeology which somehow we have to explain. These explanations have no basis for them and are often wild best-guesses made by authoratative sources.

7) Once made, these structures have then been destroyed and often need the same huge effort to destroy as they needed to build. Ancient man did not have the required machinery to move multi-ton blocks of stone about like this.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:51 PM

58,533 posts, read 56,441,297 times
What If We Discover ET?

Phone home.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:14 AM

12,260 posts, read 3,233,406 times
Quote:
OK, then let us also consider this then...

1) Many of the ancient stone structures have enormous multi-ton stones used in their construction.

2) Many of them are half way up a mountain or hill

3) Many of them are miles away from the quarry where the stones are extracted from.

4) Many of them contain huge stones which are "fitted" and fit with very little gap around them - almost as if they might have been poured into place.

5) There were often not the skilled stonemasons available in the required numbers to get these huge structures made in a reasonable amount of time (years).

5) Our archeological dating processes are currently not very accurate.

6) There are many anomalies in archeology which somehow we have to explain. These explanations have no basis for them and are often wild best-guesses made by authoratative sources.

7) Once made, these structures have then been destroyed and often need the same huge effort to destroy as they needed to build. Ancient man did not have the required machinery to move multi-ton blocks of stone about like this.
I have read a few things that talked about them maybe using soundwaves to move incredibly heavy objects, there was also that guy that built coral castle in FL, he moved huge pieces of rock around by himself, but would never allow anyone to witness him doing it.

I do not doubt for a second there are methods of moving very heavy objects, that are not widely known about. I remember in high school physics class, we did an experiment with 2 counter rotating magnetic rings, when they were electrified, it produced a small area of anti-gravity at the center and spreading outward, that could keep a paperclip suspended...You would think this could be scaled up and put to use somehow, but so far it hasnt. Im assuming that is because its totally free to access and use (just imagine if we didnt need big expensive equipment to move heavy stuff around anymore!)

Old 03-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I remember in high school physics class, we did an experiment with 2 counter rotating magnetic rings, when they were electrified, it produced a small area of anti-gravity at the center and spreading outward, that could keep a paperclip suspended.
That's interesting. How did they manage to get the two magnets rotating in opposite directions one above the other? It would be fun to do that experiment again.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:06 PM

12,260 posts, read 3,233,406 times
Quote:
That's interesting. How did they manage to get the two magnets rotating in opposite directions one above the other? It would be fun to do that experiment again.
Little electric motors with wheels were used to spin the rings. I believe the rings we used were around 6" in dia, but its been so many years since high school, I cannot remember exactly, I know they were not that big though.

Ive always wanted to scale this experiment up, have large custom magnetic rings made and see if it produces a stronger anti-grav field. If I could afford it, maybe something that could suspend a persons weight! It should work the same, and if some way was devised to control the anti-grav, so you could move it around and come up with a type of hovering platform (that would be really cool).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or