U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 11:39 PM

601 posts, read 262,680 times

Advertisements

Humans want to establish boundaries in space that's all. Is it God's plan?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-experts-say/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 06:47 AM

12,333 posts, read 3,249,816 times
I have a feeling they have other motivations in suggesting this.

The Pentagon briefing following their secret $22 million UFO study, (that was made public in Dec 2017 in a NY Times article), they concluded and warned that the US military would not be able to defend against some of these technologies if they were ever used against us.

It may not be the whole reason, but I doubt the concern over human viruses and microbes in relation to Mars is the real concern, they know how to remain totally sterile from past space missions anyway.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:44 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,365,783 times
I dont think God comes into it unless he is a little green man with large black almond eyes.

Microbes have been hitching a lift on meteors and comets from the deep places in space for millions of years and the ones under the ice in Antarctica are just as likely to be human-killing viruses as the ones on Mars. The Russians have already broken the sterility of the water in lake Vostok so we have contaminated that one pretty successfully. There is NO chance we will NOT contaminate Mars too. On the Moon there are probably discarded crisp packets(joke) too since the Lunar Module was not designed to return its rubbish to earth.

I bet there are pockets of rubbish buried in Antarctica because I just do not believe that a station the size of McMurdo can remove all its waste the same way it came in.

Quote:
He also thinks it's extraordinarily unlikely that a Martian organism brought to Earth would wreak havoc. “The chances of some organism that’s evolved to love Mars to suddenly say, 'Gosh, I’m going to kill off kangaroos' — it ain't gonna happen,” he said. “The pathogenesis is a highly evolved trait. There’s been a billion years of evolution that makes a pathogen a pathogen.”
We only have to have one escape and we are doooooomed... I think man landing on other planets are the ones we need to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or