U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 09:08 PM

3,231 posts, read 3,360,329 times

Advertisements

I dont mind being a nut-job, if it means I can examine all kinds of information without closing my mind to any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Yes, but they "believe" based on no evidence at all ... it's just a feeling ... intuition. It's kinda like climate change ... some "believe" or "don't believe" but have absolutely no idea of the science behind the subject's legitimacy. It's either what somebody else has told them, or whether they "think" it's true or not.

I UFO existence and visitation is an intriguing subject, and it would be cool if they really are here, but I don't know if they are or not. I'll keep an open mind, but "evidence" isn't nut jobs saying they've been adbucted by space ships.
So...You have a 'feeling' that they dont exist.

Quote:
...but "evidence" isn't nut jobs saying they've been adbucted by space ships.
You dont believe people like Travis Walton, you dont believe people like David Jacobs, so I wonder if you believe what your wife/brother/mother/preacher/etc say either? How well would you have to know someone to 'believe' what they say?

Quote:
What goes on there is exactly what one would expect ... extremely sensitive technology development and testing ... no flying saucers in spite of what Bob Lazar claims. He's apparently just another nut job.
To me, it sounds as if you cannot stretch your imagination to believe aliens exist, so for you, they do not exist whatever you read, or are told. Thats not a logical rational way to approach the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77
My BIL actually worked in Area 51 while in the Air Force. Every morning he would board a plane at McCarren, the windows were blacked out. Could never get a word out of him about what goes on there
Of course, and this is how it should be and what everyone expects.

So, RocketDawg, ..you know there are no flying saucers at Area 51, how? You know that Bob Lazar is a nut-job, how? It seems to me that if you had any proof there were no UFOs being back-engineered at Area 51, you could not say anything about it anyway - just like JustMike77's comment above, so all you have is your opinion exactly like the other 'nut-jobs' have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 01:29 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,588,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont mind being a nut-job, if it means I can examine all kinds of information without closing my mind to any.

So...You have a 'feeling' that they dont exist.

You dont believe people like Travis Walton, you dont believe people like David Jacobs, so I wonder if you believe what your wife/brother/mother/preacher/etc say either? How well would you have to know someone to 'believe' what they say?

To me, it sounds as if you cannot stretch your imagination to believe aliens exist, so for you, they do not exist whatever you read, or are told. Thats not a logical rational way to approach the subject.

Of course, and this is how it should be and what everyone expects.

So, RocketDawg, ..you know there are no flying saucers at Area 51, how? You know that Bob Lazar is a nut-job, how? It seems to me that if you had any proof there were no UFOs being back-engineered at Area 51, you could not say anything about it anyway - just like JustMike77's comment above, so all you have is your opinion exactly like the other 'nut-jobs' have.
This from the person who spends an inordinate amount of time insisting that we never sent men to the moon, and digs up reason after reason to prove it when what the poster says can't have been done is shown to be what really happened.

Amazing.

Open mind re aliens. Closed mind re going to the moon.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:47 PM

5,814 posts, read 3,577,721 times
I thought I read maybe 5-10 years ago about a ton of the research stuff at Area 51 moving to some new secret base in the Utah desert. Not sure if that was actually happening or not.

I did have a former worker of mine, who was ex-CIA, although the way he put it, even when you leave the agency, you never really leave. Anyways, we mentioned we had been to Area 51 on numerous trips, and told me he personally never saw any "alien" technology or spacecraft when he was there.

Was he lying to me, maybe, maybe not?

Old 09-12-2018, 01:09 AM

28,607 posts, read 40,588,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I thought I read maybe 5-10 years ago about a ton of the research stuff at Area 51 moving to some new secret base in the Utah desert. Not sure if that was actually happening or not.

I did have a former worker of mine, who was ex-CIA, although the way he put it, even when you leave the agency, you never really leave. Anyways, we mentioned we had been to Area 51 on numerous trips, and told me he personally never saw any "alien" technology or spacecraft when he was there.

I think that answers your question.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:18 PM

3,955 posts, read 2,019,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post

I've seen speculation on a couple of TV programs that Area 51 might be moving/has been moved to Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. It's not a "new, secret base" though ... it's been around since WWII and one thing they do is nasty things for biological and chemical warfare. I suppose they could be, and probably are, doing other things also.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:33 PM

80 posts, read 36,358 times
Area 51 isn't a mystery anymore. Declassified satellite photos, and declassified DOD photos have shown it was for years as many suspected a primary testing ground for many classified aircraft. The amount of security it had added to it's mystique and you can't rule out much of it being interesting.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:11 AM

12,188 posts, read 3,216,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBard79 View Post
Area 51 isn't a mystery anymore. Declassified satellite photos, and declassified DOD photos have shown it was for years as many suspected a primary testing ground for many classified aircraft. The amount of security it had added to it's mystique and you can't rule out much of it being interesting.
The strange thing about that though...where is all the new aircraft technology that has trickled down? (post stealth era)

Old 10-27-2018, 10:39 AM

5,203 posts, read 8,204,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The strange thing about that though...where is all the new aircraft technology that has trickled down? (post stealth era)
Can you be a bit more specific? What kind of "post stealth era" technology are you talking about? Trickled down from what?

Old 10-29-2018, 11:01 AM

2,257 posts, read 483,431 times
Current trends in aerospace development are hypersonic missiles, unmanned vehicles, and re-useable rocket boosters. Stealth though is very much a persistent technology trend that is now working its way into military vessels. None of these, of course, require "alien" technology. It's an ongoing argument by conspiracy theorists that alien technology is needed to explain how we developed new technology, because they can't fathom how we humans could have come up with it so quickly. But then it's probably difficult for them to appreciate the capabilities of truly intelligent humans.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:41 PM

12,188 posts, read 3,216,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Can you be a bit more specific? What kind of "post stealth era" technology are you talking about? Trickled down from what?
Before the Stealth bomber was public knowledge, they used to get people reporting them as 'ufos', since they didnt recognize the plane or its abilities...naturally though, once it was declassified, they were no longer reported as ufos...people now knew what they were and recognized it.

I even read where they used this 'ufo' as a cover to help keep the technology hidden from prying eyes.

So, a good indicator at some of the aircraft tech that is currently classified or 'in the works' would be to look at ufo reports, and some of the characteristics of them...

Reading thru modern ufo reports, its very very common to see people reporting craft that can cloak themselves, and become mostly invisible to the naked eye, another one is ability to operate totally silently, hover in place silently as well. Another one is ability to disrupt cell phones, computers, electronics, even mechanical things that are in the area of the craft...

More than likely these are the types of things places like area 51 have been working on, so naturally, some of this technology eventually becomes declassified and people know about it, it trickles out to known aircraft over time, and its no longer considered 'ufo'.

Just like after the stealth bomber was declassified, people can look back and understand why they were being reported as ufos, I imagine the same thing will happen in the future, with craft and tech that are being reported as ufos RIGHT NOW.

Do you see what Im saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or