Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 10:38 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even stranger, is why secret experimental aircraft would be flying around in highly populated metro and suburban areas when they go to great lengths to keep these kinds of aircrafts OUT of the publics view.

As opposed to the secret experimental aircraft that you can no longer see? Heh.

Isn't it possible that the military isn't too concerned about who might spot them from long range? I don't think it's all that strange really. They may be testing against civilian radar systems, for example, or just practicing overflights of crowded air space. Who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 02:48 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
I had a friend once who told me "everything you ever heard about area 51 is true".
She said she knew somebody, or maybe it was a family member , who "worked there"....whatever that mean.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I had a friend once who told me "everything you ever heard about area 51 is true".
She said she knew somebody, or maybe it was a family member , who "worked there"....whatever that mean.
At one time, that was probably true...but Area 51 is too well known nowadays, its depicted in movies, tv shows, etc, its not really a secret anymore.

I have a feeling the 'stuff' they used to store there, is somewhere else today...more than likely its a base that NO ONE is aware of.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:16 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
At one time, that was probably true...but Area 51 is too well known nowadays, its depicted in movies, tv shows, etc, its not really a secret anymore.

I have a feeling the 'stuff' they used to store there, is somewhere else today...more than likely its a base that NO ONE is aware of.
Do you mean the secret stuff that no one is aware of? Or the secret bases no one is aware of?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:07 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
I watched the Joe Rogan podcast with Lazar... I'm a hardcore skeptic on these people but it was interesting none the less. The typical alien believer typically completely falls apart as their logic is vapor and they appear crazy. His Schtick of getting migraines, drinking, being nervous, having his education records destroyed are all smoke and mirrors of what historical "magicians" or bs artists use. I liken it to the practices of snake oil religions have used to convince those that are mentally feeble and looking to believe in something bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWz4SXfyCQ

Old 07-24-2019, 01:17 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
You can look at the satellite image, lol.

I saw some show once, most employees live around the Vegas area--they drive to a remote parking lot and park, then get on a jet and fly to work and back every day in a special plane.

Hilarious, the whole "let's rush Area 51" thing. Have fun and good lick with that. At best you'll be detained; at worst you'll be turned into mincemeat.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:49 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
I hear the place is going to be stormed by thousands of Naruto fans. Supposedly they're going to run with their arms behind them so they can move astoundingly fast like they do in the Japanese cartoon and doge all the bullets fired by the military.

If anyone attends, bring me back a lightsaber.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
You can look at the satellite image, lol.

I saw some show once, most employees live around the Vegas area--they drive to a remote parking lot and park, then get on a jet and fly to work and back every day in a special plane.

Hilarious, the whole "let's rush Area 51" thing. Have fun and good lick with that. At best you'll be detained; at worst you'll be turned into mincemeat.
The airline is known as Janet Air. I understand it has its own terminal. Apparently, there's also a private bus line (painted white) that transports employees to the base.

If a massive number of people drive to the general location, there's be a problem for those who need to refuel. Not many gas stations around Rachel and other nearby communities. Water would be another problem. Camping is legal for up to 14 days on BLM land, but it'd be a really long hot trek on foot just to get to the guard station, not to mention to the main part of the base. Parking would be a complete nightmare.

It seems like notices that the proposal was meant as humor, the disadvantages and discouragement for such an event to take place has been common enough that I suspect few, if any more than a handful, might show up.

It'd be better option to leave it to the Giant Space Heads, the Cromulons in "Get Schwifty", with them loudly yelling,
"SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!"

Old 07-26-2019, 08:18 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The airline is known as Janet Air. I understand it has its own terminal. Apparently, there's also a private bus line (painted white) that transports employees to the base.
Yeah, I thought they give employees both options, just in case they have a fear of flying, they can take the unmarked bus, which of course is a lot longer.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Yeah, I thought they give employees both options, just in case they have a fear of flying, they can take the unmarked bus, which of course is a lot longer.
I don't know if the purpose of the buses is necessarily an option for employees who have a fear of flying. I'm not sure if any of the several white buses actually go all the way to Las Vegas. It's possible, but I haven't found any info about that. However, the buses are said to appear to make stops at certain nearby off-base parking areas to pick up and drop off employees. Apparently, some employees live in communities (like Alamo, etc.) which are much closer to the base. The passenger windows of the buses are blacked out. It's said when finished for the day, buses park at the Alamo Nevada Courthouse, possibly other nearby communities. It would make more sense for such employees to ride the bus to the base. I presume (don't know) private vehicles might not be permitted. If you look at the Base using Google Maps, a good number of parked cars and other vehicles can be seen, but some of those might be for security and transportation around the Base.
https://www.dreamlandresort.com/area51/bus.html

Janet Airlines has a feet of 11 aircraft (Boeing 737), colored white with a red stripe down the middle. The airline flies to several other security destinations besides Groom Lake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_(airline)

As an added note, a couple of oddities on Google Maps of Groom Lake are a couple of pinned spots. One is for Walmart 51, and the other is Taco John's. I assume aliens must enjoy shopping at those locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space