Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 11:41 AM

11 posts, read 24,779 times

Advertisements

I am at a loss?? Moved here to Florida just a year ago w/ my boys from Big Island Hawaii... loved it there an we were making it just fine, but do to my mom's health needed to move where she was and that was Hernando county Florida... Let me tell you there is nothing really here for special needs kids or jobs for that matter. This is an elderly community.

I wanted to head North where I have other family in the McLean county of Illinois, where I am originally from but... I'm finding out the hard way that my family really isn't out to help us! If I've got to do this on my own... I need to know where to go that will receive the best schools for my kids and best living condition as in poverty. There is only so much I can do as a single mom w/ no childcare!

I am in desperate need to know which way to go? I am depressed beyond repair I believe. I think this is too much for one human mother to deal with!

Moving here for my mother was the worst mistake I have ever made. I love her, but really with the Leukemia battle she is now fighting she can not or should not live w/ us. I have heard that one receiving these shots can become mean and intolerable of others and that is where we are.

I need a fresh start somewhere safe, where I know we can survive. we have child support and a small amount of ssi coming in an food stamps. I would really love to turn this around and secure a good job if I can find adequate child care or return to school and become something!

Please help advise me.... Mahalo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 02:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,836,530 times
Would you be looking at the Bloomington area, the Normal area or a more rural location?

Old 01-17-2011, 02:37 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,565,474 times
Can you move close to their father or his family for help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children