Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 PM

24 posts, read 104,394 times

Advertisements

I've heard great things about these vitamins for children with Autism. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find these supplements for children? Has anyone had any luck? If so, what sort of dosage are you giving? My son is five years old.
Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 02:09 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,770,447 times
My son gets a double dose of gummy vitamins, which includes B complex and magnesium, as well as eating a lot of bananas. I don;t notice any idfference if we are out of bananas for a few days or he doesn't take his multivit.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,102,658 times
You need to be very careful experimenting with ideas you might hear. I have a son with Down syndrome and I have seen the same sort of ideas about vitamins and supplements but ultimately I don't believe if the child has proper nutrition that vitamins and supplements are needed. You have to remember that the parents really, really want to find a way to help and often they might see improvements because they are desperately looking for them. Please consult your child's doctor before you decide to give mega doses which are sometimes recommended because vitamins and supplements are capable of causing side effects.

If you really find something that a group of people are doing, I might be tempted to try it but still only after consultation with the doctor. Generally if the doctor sees no harm, they will usually tell you to go ahead and try it. Keep in mind when something that works is discovered, it will be making headlines everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children