U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 09:02 AM

9,580 posts, read 5,777,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

You are talking about something different than immunity to influenza. The only way to get immunity to it or any vaccine-preventable disease is to either get the disease or get the vaccine. . You may increase your resistance with a "healthy lifestyle" (not so sure about the herbs), but there is no way herbs and nutrition give you any immunity to any specific disease.
Correct. I'm not expecting to get immunity from the flu as the only way to get that is through natural infection. I could reduce my chances of getting the flu from 5% to 20% (one's chances of getting the flu in any given year) down to 4.5% to 18% (with a vaccine that is 10% effective) if I took the vaccine but that is not what I'm choosing to do. I am choosing to take care of my health, my body and my immune system so that if I do in fact become infected with influenza (or anything else), my body will in a better position to fight it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 09:57 AM

86,917 posts, read 102,388,879 times
^^It doesn't have to be either/or. You do not know if suzy, who you accused of choosing to inject vaccines to stay healthy, eats healthy, exercises and in general takes care of herself or not. My guess is she does, as she seems a sensible person.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
^^It doesn't have to be either/or. You do not know if suzy, who you accused of choosing to inject vaccines to stay healthy, eats healthy, exercises and in general takes care of herself or not. My guess is she does, as she seems a sensible person.
I didn't accuse Suzy of anything nor did I say that it has to be either/or.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I didn't accuse Suzy of anything nor did I say that it has to be either/or.
In response to suzy, you said:

Quote:
Well there you go, there is no place to get accurate up to date information so we weigh what we can and make decision based on what information we can find. Your decision is to get the vaccine. Mine is to not. I prefer to take care of my immune system in order to stay healthy utilizing nutrition and herbs. You choose to inject vaccines into your body in order to stay healthy. You won't ever be able to convince everyone that they need the vaccine. You are going to need to accept that.
That's pretty accusatory and pretty either/or.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:54 AM

23,337 posts, read 8,109,082 times
I don't have to read anything, getting shots is not what I want. My choice is to keep my immune system healthy and not with a needle and solutions. No brainer in my life.

Since I've arrived at C-D some have attacked my choice of staying healthy. Need I say more.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
In response to suzy, you said:
That's pretty accusatory and pretty either/or.
Suzy has made it clear that vaccines are an important part of her healthcare routine and that she has no interest in supplements for boosting one's immune system during flu season. I have made it clear that I choose to address health through lifestyle, including supplements and not vaccines. Her views are more in line with mainstream health and mine are more in line with alternative health. I don't see how acknowledging that we have different perspectives when it comes to health is accusatory in anyway. I have been respectful of her right to do what she feels best but I have not gotten the same respect in turn. If you feel like stirring then pot then so be it but I was not making accusations in my post that you chose to nitpick.

Last edited by MissTerri; 12-12-2017 at 11:40 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 11:46 AM

5,326 posts, read 2,301,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
People are interested in the topic. People sure posted before and after your deterrent.
No clue why you are...your ex handled all your child's medical needs, right? Oh that's right, you don't know nor care.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Suzy has made it clear that vaccines are an important part of her healthcare routine and that she has no interest in supplements for boosting one's immune system during flu season. I have made it clear that I choose to address health through lifestyle, including supplements and not vaccines. Her views are more in line with mainstream health and mine are more in line with alternative health. I don't see how acknowledging that we have different perspectives when it comes to health is accusatory in anyway. I have been respectful of her right to do what she feels best but I have not gotten the same respect in turn. If you feel like stirring then pot then so be it but I was not making accusations in my post that you chose to nitpick.
No one in normal health who eats a normal diet, including full vegetarian, needs supplements to "boost" their immune system. If that worked, real doctors would recommend it. There are supplements in the foods we eat, such as niacin, thiamine, riboflavin and others in breads and cereals, plus in flours. Mostly what one gets from supplements is expensive urine and a lightened wallet. One does not get immunity to influenza or any other disease.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No one in normal health who eats a normal diet, including full vegetarian, needs supplements to "boost" their immune system. If that worked, real doctors would recommend it. There are supplements in the foods we eat, such as niacin, thiamine, riboflavin and others in breads and cereals, plus in flours. Mostly what one gets from supplements is expensive urine and a lightened wallet. One does not get immunity to influenza or any other disease.
That's your opinion. I don't agree. To each their own.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:28 PM

23,337 posts, read 8,109,082 times
Quote:

"Real" doctors are taught drugs and not nutrition in med schools for starters. And I'd bet the real doctors take supplements themselves. But they need us to be sick so we are their customers.

To each his own, I'll stick with my 25 yrs of supplements and no vaccines. And my 3 little meds.

Our food supplies are terrible...unless one grows their own foods, including meats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children