U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 08:32 AM

9,591 posts, read 5,795,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
OK, so your MD recommended Vitamin D supplements, probably for your bones. That's not "alternative medicine". Real doctors don't forgo vitamins when they are appropriate, unlike "alternative doctors" who eschew drugs and science based medicine such as vaccines.

There is very little science supporting alternative medicine re: flu. There's a saying in health care, "alternative medicine that works is called. . . medicine!" Most of the articles from reputable websites, e.g. universities, medical centers, etc (note I did not say pharmaceutical companies) about complementary medicine for flu say to get the flu shot. To repeat, it's not "Is red a prettier color than blue?"

I've been ignoring your little barbs, but I do find it amusing that you accuse me of arguing when you keep answering AND bringing up new topics. You're right, this thread isn't about alternative medicine, except perhaps as it applies to flu.
Oh, enough. You have no interest or understanding of anything outside the realm of mainstream medicine and your insults and attempts to denigrate something that you know so little about are wearing thin. I'm not going to argue with you. Enjoy your vaccines, your drugs etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 11:11 AM

23,646 posts, read 8,227,438 times
Interesting and saw my neighbor who helps me out as she got to the market yesterday but was sick all last weekend with flu, and she and husband both both got the SHOTS. We'll never know if the flu would NOT have hit her if she had done no shot.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:51 PM

I just saw my friend walking her dog and coughing and asked her how husband is and said sick as a dog...he got flu shot too....

Old 12-14-2017, 05:15 PM

11,120 posts, read 8,527,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You are so correct, I'm not the mad scientific one. Wonder IF the MD who delivered me at my parents house gave me a Hep B shot? I'll never know.
Stop thinking like an individual and start considering PUBLIC HEALTH. We don't live on islands. One person can unknowingly infect dozens of others. In your age bracket, you are the recipient of the benefits of public health programs and immunizations.

The flu shot is always optional.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:13 PM

4,928 posts, read 2,274,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no coverup. No conspiracy. It was all made up by a bunch of anti-vaxers.
Believe what you wish. There is no way the conspiracies you envision could exist when millions of physicians and researchers around the world would have to participate.
I thought we agreed on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

In 2013, the exact number of doctors of medicine in US was 1,045,910. Do you know what else is unsustainable?

A conspiracy with over one million individuals being "in on it".
I understand.

I do understand ... that it is necessary for readers of this thread to be influenced by subtle indicators that would discredit the message via the messenger. I understand that using phrases like "conspiracies you envision" is very effective for doing just that.

I also understand; because if I were you? Given my belief that you are competent to understand the 'message'?

I'd do it to me too.

So here is "the message" but using the words of:

Charity Onore,a,b Milo Careaga,a,b and Paul Ashwood,a,b. (non-conspiracy envisioners)

a. Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
b. The Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders (M.I.N.D) Institute, UC Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA, USA ...

Quote:
If there sre "tiny genetic codes deep inside your DNA that initiate months of developmental regression" then that regression is eventually going to happen whether or not there is a vaccination.
"Even with the recent advancements in identifying candidate genes involved in ASD, all identified genetic risk factors combined account for only 1020% of the total ASD population. A number of these genetic risk factors can also be present in individuals without ASD, suggesting that many of these mutations may increase the risk of developing ASD, but additional risk factors are also necessary. "

... This accumulating evidence suggests that immune processes play a key role in the pathophysiology of ASD. This review will discuss the current state of our knowledge of immune dysfunction in ASD, how these findings may impact on underlying neuro-immune mechanisms and implicate potential areas where the manipulation of the immune response could have an impact on behavior and immunity in ASD."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3418145/

So basically: Genetic risk factors are NOT enough to cause the "regression to eventually happen". An additional risk factor is necessary. And they believe it involves the manipulation of the immune response.

How does vaccination work again? Oh ...

Old 12-14-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Stop thinking like an individual and start considering PUBLIC HEALTH. We don't live on islands. One person can unknowingly infect dozens of others. In your age bracket, you are the recipient of the benefits of public health programs and immunizations.

The flu shot is always optional.
I wonder what my friends are thinking as they both are sick and both got the shots. Something doesn't smell right to me. I think of myself FIRST and go from there. If everyone kept their immune system strong, no need for the great vaccines.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-14-2017 at 06:52 PM..

Old 12-14-2017, 06:30 PM

86,985 posts, read 102,540,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I wonder what my friends are thinking as they both are sick and both got the shots. Something doesn't smell right to me. I think of myself FIRST and go from there.
Are you going to make an announcement about everyone you have ever heard of who gets the flu after a flu shot?

Old 12-14-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katarina witt View Post
are you going to make an announcement about everyone you have ever heard of who gets the flu after a flu shot?
no!!! Should I??

Old 12-14-2017, 06:41 PM

4,928 posts, read 2,274,474 times
Quote:
Thompson has not said a word since he issued a letter through his attorney several years ago. He has not admitted he was wrong. He was, though. Outside review confirmed the conclusions of the original article. It was not "his own study". He played a rather minor part in the research.

No study documents were destroyed. What went into the trash can were things like meeting agendas that had no further usefulness and drafts. Medical research generates tons of paper that is no longer needed after the paper is written. All of the study data had been digitized. The CDC will provide that to any bona fide researcher who wants to review it. There was no conspiracy to conceal anything. You can read Thompson's rescued documents on the internet. There is nothing there.
Actually (per the bolded):

I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the Journal of Pediatrics.

You said: "He played a rather minor part"? He said he was a co-author.

You said: they trashed "meeting agendas"? He said it was statistically significant information.

And yes. I got that off the internet. Congress ... on the internet:
https://www.congress.gov/crec/2015/0...-PgH5602-2.pdf

Old 12-14-2017, 06:50 PM

86,985 posts, read 102,540,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Actually (per the bolded):

I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the Journal of Pediatrics.

You said: "He played a rather minor part"? He said he was a co-author.

You said: they trashed "meeting agendas"? He said it was statistically significant information.

And yes. I got that off the internet. Congress ... on the internet:
https://www.congress.gov/crec/2015/0...-PgH5602-2.pdf
Thompson was a co-author among many. Note the term "co-authors"

No, Thompson did not say they trashed statistically significant information, as in throwing it in the trash. The authors did not include data that Thompson thought was statistically significant in their final anaylsis. It's all available online.

Brian Hooker accessed it and redid the statistics including this cohort that was left out. Unfortunately, Hooker was/is a fraud, manipulated the math in his statistics and omitted the fact that he had a pending case before the vaccine court when he submitted his paper. The journal that published his re-do later retracted it. This is all information that is available on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children