U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 06:48 AM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,903 posts, read 5,237,696 times

Advertisements

Yes, I do. He is prone to complications from respiratory infections, so it is wise to try and prevent it as much as we can. Besides, he was diagnosed with autism 3 years before he was ever vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 10:33 AM

23,773 posts, read 8,259,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You reopened a thread that had been dormant for nine and a half years in order to insert an anti-vaccine video. The only reason you did that was discourage parents from vaccinating their children.

Many special needs children are at increased risk of serious complications and death from influenza, and I would strongly encourage their parents to listen to their children's doctors, not RFK, Jr., concerning all vaccines, including flu.

Unvaccinated children are not healthier. They are just like vaccinated children except they get more vaccine preventable diseases. When they do not get vaccine preventable diseases it is because they are leeching on herd immunity. Vaccinations do not cause "immune system issues", no matter what you think with regard to your grandchildren's problems.

I did not say you made money from pushing supplements, but you do push them and push them hard. Apparently you feel it is all right for you to push supplements of unproven value but not all right for anyone to push vaccines, which have been shown to be safe and effective - and they do not cause autism.
Yes, I do and do all I can to avoid drugs. Plenty of posts on those who suffer with all the side effects.

And so many want to believe vaccines strengthen immune systems....how anyone can understand and grasp that I have a tough time.

Your Immune System, How It Works And How Vaccines Damage It

Some yrs ago I got very involved in a group headed by Barbara Loe............ can't think of her name now but it was all about the Shot In The Dark.

Oh here it is, her name stayed with me for years.

http://www.nvic.org/about/barbaraloefisher.aspx

My daughter can't figure out why here grown children seem to get sick more often and these kids were given the big doses of vaccines when they were babies...I can't bring myself to bring this to her attention as I don't want to upset her as she is doing all in her power to help them keep healthy. What is done is done.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-02-2017 at 10:47 AM..

Old 12-02-2017, 10:49 AM

23,415 posts, read 28,264,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, I do and do all I can to avoid drugs. Plenty of posts on those who suffer with all the side effects.

And so many want to believe vaccines strengthen immune systems....how anyone can understand and grasp that I have a tough time.

Your Immune System, How It Works And How Vaccines Damage It

Some yrs ago I got very involved in a group headed by Barbara Loe............ can't think of her name now but it was all about the Shot In The Dark.

Oh here it is, her name stayed with me for years.

http://www.nvic.org/about/barbaraloefisher.aspx

My daughter can't figure out why here grown children seem to get sick more often and these kids were given the big doses of vaccines when they were babies...I can't bring myself to bring this to her attention as I don't want to upset her as she is doing all in her power to help them keep healthy. What is done is done.
Vaccines work with the immune system. They do not damage it. You know what can damage it? Measles infection - for up to three years after recovery.

Measles Weakens the Immune System for Years - D-brief

Here are 50 anti-vax myths debunked.

https://www.verywell.com/anti-vaccin...mation-2633730

The risk of a serious reaction to a vaccine is about 1 in a million.

Last year, 110 children under age 18 died from flu. That does not count those who were hospitalized but survived. So far this season, five have died. Each year about half the children who die from flu have an underlying medical issue that makes them at high risk for complications.

Yes, you have a difficult time understanding vaccines. Why should parents here "believe" any of the links you post?

Whatever problems your grandchildren have were very unlikely to have been caused by being vaccinated. What do you mean by "get sick more often"?

Old 12-02-2017, 11:40 AM

12,982 posts, read 12,256,182 times
This PBS/NOVA/Frontline documentary of the science behind vaccines is well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqbH40Y9XJw

Old 12-02-2017, 01:53 PM

I just viewed MOST of the Frontline doc and I maybe can see both sides of the issue but loading the babies up on all the vaccines, geeeezzz.

I'm 79, had my initial and only vaccination before entering 1st grade and none since...a tetnus shot at one time due to a rusty nail in my foot. I've had childhood diseases like chicken pox, measles and a mild case of mumps...

Overall I definitely lean toward holistic healing for my health but will do a drug if very necessary.

Thanks for the Frontline...glad my raising children days are way behind me. My daugher is 53 and thinking back to what memory will tell, she had a few vaccines but nothing like her children.

And then thinking further back, did my parents who lived into their 90's and all my relatives ever have vaccinations and they were born during the times when the U.S. was being developed by Europeans. None of them ended up with dread diseases, aches and pains of life but that was it. Did my mother/dad need vaccines for 1st grade entrance...did they even have them back then. My guess is no.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-02-2017 at 02:03 PM..

Old 12-02-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I just viewed MOST of the Frontline doc and I maybe can see both sides of the issue but loading the babies up on all the vaccines, geeeezzz.

I'm 79, had my initial and only vaccination before entering 1st grade and none since...a tetnus shot at one time due to a rusty nail in my foot. I've had childhood diseases like chicken pox, measles and a mild case of mumps...

Overall I definitely lean toward holistic healing for my health but will do a drug if very necessary.

Thanks for the Frontline...glad my raising children days are way behind me. My daugher is 53 and thinking back to what memory will tell, she had a few vaccines but nothing like her children.

And then thinking further back, did my parents who lived into their 90's and all my relatives ever have vaccinations and they were born during the times when the U.S. was being developed by Europeans. None of them ended up with dread diseases, aches and pains of life but that was it. Did my mother/dad need vaccines for 1st grade entrance...did they even have them back then. My guess is no.
There is a strong probability that your parents were vaccinated.

If your parents were born about 1910 or so, vaccines were available during their childhoods for smallpox, tetanus, pertussis, and diphtheria.

When the Salk polio vaccine became available, adults and children lined up to take it.

https://archive.org/details/babies_and_breadwinners_1#

https://archive.org/details/babies_and_breadwinners_2#

Your parents may have lived to their 90s. Children who died from vaccine preventable diseases never grew up to be parents.

For the life of me I cannot understand the mindset that older vaccines are great but there is something terrible about being able to prevent more diseases.

Edited to add: Your parents probably received the available vaccines because their parents were very aware of how dangerous those diseases are. It was not even necessary to require them for school.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:10 PM

8,047 posts, read 5,893,552 times
Did anyone mention that the rant against thimerosal was started by a former doctor in England who was developing a competing system?

Old 12-02-2017, 03:42 PM

19,185 posts, read 15,024,332 times
I have a 31 year old son who has Down syndrome, he is very sensitive to medications. He has not had a flu shot EVER. Sadly, we did get the required immunizations. When you consider that even ibuprofen gave him serious side effects........ We now use homeopathy.

These flu shots are not to be confused with preventing the norovirus (stomach "flu"), but the flu that mimics colds.

Choosing between the quality of life for my son versus people who have invested in Big Pharma? I choose my son.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have a 31 year old son who has Down syndrome, he is very sensitive to medications. He has not had a flu shot EVER. Sadly, we did get the required immunizations. When you consider that even ibuprofen gave him serious side effects........ We now use homeopathy.

These flu shots are not to be confused with preventing the norovirus (stomach "flu"), but the flu that mimics colds.

Choosing between the quality of life for my son versus people who have invested in Big Pharma? I choose my son.
Have you considered that your son might need to be treated with a lot of medications with potentially serious side effects if he has to be hospitalized with flu?

Flu does not "mimic" a cold. If it were no more serious than a cold there would be no vaccine for it. Flu can kill.

How many parents have "invested" in "Big Pharma". How is your trust in "Big Homeopathy" a better decision than that of parents who choose to vaccinate? The risk from a flu infection is many orders of magnitude higher than the risk of the vaccine.

Vaccines have been shown to be safe and effective. Homeopathy has been shown to be no better than placebo.

Who here has confused influenza and norovirus?

Old 12-02-2017, 04:06 PM

For me and my thinking the bottom line is that I do NOT buy into that every child NEEDS all the vaccines that are supposed to be given when a child is born.

Back in 1938 say when I was born, did they give me vaccines before I left the hospital, oh I take that back I was born at home. Wonder if the family MD shot me up before she left after my birth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children