U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 12:01 PM

8,652 posts, read 4,788,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
He wasn't vaccinated at all until after his 3rd birthday?
Correct. He was diagnosed at 3, and got his first vaccinations at age 6. Ironically, because I was terrified of autism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 12:24 PM

8,542 posts, read 5,264,452 times
Since the flu vaccine is said to only be around 10% effective this year I'd say that it's not worth the risk.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:36 PM

21,498 posts, read 26,102,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Since the flu vaccine is said to only be around 10% effective this year I'd say that it's not worth the risk.
What do you perceive the risk to be?

Old 12-03-2017, 12:50 PM

18,823 posts, read 6,149,026 times
Personally I haven't done a vaccine in 30 yrs or so and as far as the baby vaccines, I had my one and only to go to first grade.

Amazing how so many are so SURE these vaccines have nothing to do with autism.

What is then?

For flu prevention and colds etc I work with alternatives to keep my system strong and healthy...living in a warm climate we also have change in weather...since it's gotten colder lately, I'm taking some echinacea daily to keep from a cold.

Trust the CDC, FDA, EPA...nah. These agencies approve drugs that give us a lot of side effects and that's an understatement.

I trusted what doctors said to be gospel into the 80's and that's when I started to question it all. And worked to be my own doctor as much as I could.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-03-2017 at 12:59 PM..

Old 12-03-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Personally I haven't done a vaccine in 30 yrs or so and as far as the baby vaccines, I had my one and only to go to first grade.

What is then?

For flu prevention and colds etc I work with alternatives to keep my system strong and healthy...living in a warm climate we also have change in weather...since it's gotten colder lately, I'm taking some echinacea daily to keep from a cold.

Trust the CDC, FDA, EPA...nah. These agencies approve drugs that give us a lot of side effects and that's an understatement.
Yes, they are sure, because there is a mountain of scientific evidence showing children who are vaccinated are no more likely to have autism than children who are not vaccinated.

There is also an growing mountain of evidence that autism is a complex genetic condition that is present at birth, with symptoms commonly presenting at the same ages that vaccines are given.

Echinacea and colds:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ech...-cold-and-flu/

Herbal products are not without side effects.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/echinacea-side-effects.html
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea;
  • fever, sore throat;
  • muscle or joint pain;
  • unusual or unpleasant taste in the mouth;
  • dry mouth, numb feeling in your tongue;
  • headache, dizziness, confusion; or
  • sleep problems (insomnia).

Old 12-03-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:

For flu prevention and colds etc I work with alternatives to keep my system strong and healthy.
Me too. Vitamin C, Vitamin D during flu season and elderberry syrup, oil or oregano at first sign of cold or flu.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:45 PM

13,885 posts, read 13,552,692 times
Quote:

What is then?
https://www.autismspeaks.org/science...m-gene-changes

Autism and genetics | Understanding Genetics

Old 12-03-2017, 01:48 PM

13,885 posts, read 13,552,692 times
Quote:
While vaccine effectiveness can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/vaccineeffect.htm

Old 12-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
While vaccine effectiveness can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/vaccineeffect.htm
Effectiveness does vary. This year (2017-2018 flu season) the vaccine is expected to be 10% effective. It is not well matched this year. This has been reported in the mainstream news.

The odds of getting the flu are 5% to 20% in any given year. If you get the flu vaccine this year your odds will range from 4.5% to 18% if in fact, the 10% effectiveness is correct.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Effectiveness does vary. This year (2017-2018 flu season) the vaccine is expected to be 10% effective. It is not well matched this year. This has been reported in the mainstream news.

The odds of getting the flu are 5% to 20% in any given year. If you get the flu vaccine this year your odds will range from 4.5% to 18% if in fact, the 10% effectiveness is correct.
The vaccine is less effective for one of the strains but could provide better than 10% effectiveness for the other two or three.

However, even a 10% decrease results in a large decrease in the absolute number of cases nationwide, especially if this is a year with a large number of cases, which is also being predicted. In addition, vaccinated people who do get the flu tend to get less sick. I know an infectious disease expert who says that he is only interested in keeping flu victims out of his ICU, and the vaccine helps do that.

Why not vaccinate and use whatever alt med nostrums you want to?

What complications from flu vaccine are you afraid of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children