Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 09:35 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I posted a very credible source regarding flu vaccine studies and I'm not at all interested in engaging with your spin machine.
Your source is not as credible as you want it to be and you cannot discredit mine except by calling it propaganda. OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 09:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Your source is not as credible as you want it to be and you cannot discredit mine except by calling it propaganda. OK.
Are you ok? Stress is really bad for one's immune system. All the arguing can't be healthy.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:44 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Since my child often has other kids coming home after school to play, I've started asking them if they have been vaxed. If the answer is "no" they aren't coming back. Ever. I have two toddlers in my house and since they are too young to get receive a lot of shots, they are vulnerable to catching things. The other day, one kid flat out told me "I don't get shots". She's not coming back here.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:38 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Since my child often has other kids coming home after school to play, I've started asking them if they have been vaxed. If the answer is "no" they aren't coming back. Ever. I have two toddlers in my house and since they are too young to get receive a lot of shots, they are vulnerable to catching things. The other day, one kid flat out told me "I don't get shots". She's not coming back here.
You understand that all kids carry germs with them and that choosing kids by shots doesn't do anything to protect your child from getting sick right? /facepalm/

If having all vaccines meant kids were healthy all the time, there'd be 100% attendance at public schools every day. There's not. Kids get sick MORE when they start attending public schools. My friends' kids are sick all the freaking time. All have their shots like all public school kids do and all go to public school. It's disgusting.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You understand that all kids carry germs with them and that choosing kids by shots doesn't do anything to protect your child from getting sick right? /facepalm/

If having all vaccines meant kids were healthy all the time, there'd be 100% attendance at public schools every day. There's not. Kids get sick MORE when they start attending public schools. My friends' kids are sick all the freaking time. All have their shots like all public school kids do and all go to public school. It's disgusting.
Vaccines prevent specific infections, not all infections. They are not expected to protect against colds caused by adenoviruses and rhinoviruses or common infectious diarrheal illnesses.

Your friends' kids are not getting measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, pertussis, chickenpox, polio, or hepatitis B because immunization rates are high for those and herd immunity is established.

That same herd immunity is protecting your unvaccinated children.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Good luck with your plan.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:57 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Vaccines prevent specific infections, not all infections. They are not expected to protect against colds caused by adenoviruses and rhinoviruses or common infectious diarrheal illnesses.

Your friends' kids are not getting measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, pertussis, chickenpox, polio, or hepatitis B because immunization rates are high for those and herd immunity is established.

That same herd immunity is protecting your unvaccinated children.
Herd immunity is crap.

If vaccines worked and herd immunity was an actual reality no one would be required to get vaccines to travel. Because they would be protected by herd immunity wherever they were traveling to. Fact.

If vaccines were true science, there would be one vaccine schedule. Yet every state has a different one. Every country has a different one. Which means it's based on politics and business, not science. Fact.

If vaccines work boosters wouldn't be necessary -- the fact that they are shows vaccines aren't effective. Fact.

If vaccines are the only reason diseases declined, why were disease cases in tremendous decline BEFORE vaccines were rolled out (dues to better hygiene and food preservation) and in fact would have kept declining based on statistical analysis without any vaccines? Fact.

If vaccines work, why was polio criteria redefined AFTER the vaccine came out? Why wasn't the same criteria used before and after the vaccine was rolled out to show a true measure of the vaccines INeffectiveness? Right. Diagnostic criteria were redefined to make it extremely difficult to diagnose a case of polio so it looked like disease rates dropped after the vaccine was rolled out. And that's a fact.

I understand you will never say one critical word about any medication, nor address any of the FACTS I've presented. I don't expect you to. /eyeroll/

Old 12-06-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Herd immunity is crap.

If vaccines worked and herd immunity was an actual reality no one would be required to get vaccines to travel. Because they would be protected by herd immunity wherever they were traveling to. Fact.

If vaccines were true science, there would be one vaccine schedule. Yet every state has a different one. Every country has a different one. Which means it's based on politics and business, not science. Fact.

If vaccines work boosters wouldn't be necessary -- the fact that they are shows vaccines aren't effective. Fact.

If vaccines are the only reason diseases declined, why were disease cases in tremendous decline BEFORE vaccines were rolled out (dues to better hygiene and food preservation) and in fact would have kept declining based on statistical analysis without any vaccines? Fact.

If vaccines work, why was polio criteria redefined AFTER the vaccine came out? Why wasn't the same criteria used before and after the vaccine was rolled out to show a true measure of the vaccines INeffectiveness? Right. Diagnostic criteria were redefined to make it extremely difficult to diagnose a case of polio so it looked like disease rates dropped after the vaccine was rolled out. And that's a fact.

I understand you will never say one critical word about any medication, nor address any of the FACTS I've presented. I don't expect you to. /eyeroll/
People would only be protected by herd immunity if the area they are traveling to has a high enough vaccination rate to establish it. That is how Americans who are unvaccinated for measles travel overseas, get infected, come home, and start outbreaks. Vaccination rates in some countries have dropped too low. If you do not vaccinate you should be very happy that herd immunity exists. It is what is keeping your unvaccinated family from catching vaccine preventable diseases.

The schedule for mandates varies because it is established by nonmedical people with input from medical experts. In some countries, certain vaccines are not recommended because of expense. In others, vaccines are recommended that are not on the US schedule at all, such as the viral encephalitis vaccine in Japan.

Not all vaccines need boosters. If they do, it just means protection wanes, it does not mean the protection was never there at all.

"Diagnostic criteria" for polio were never changed. These days anyone anywhere in the world presenting with symptoms suggestive of polio will have specific testing done for the virus. Polio has almost been eradicated. Perhaps you are referring to the diagnosis of "non-polio acute flaccid paralysis", which by definition is not caused by polio. Other viruses can cause the exact same symptoms as polio. That does not mean polio has been renamed in order to artificially decrease the number of polio cases. Non-polio acute flaccid paralysis is not polio.

I have addressed everything you said, none of which was factual.

As to criticizing a drug: I am very happy that Dr. Frances Kelsey kept thalidomide from being approved for morning sickness in the US.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
You understand that all kids carry germs with them and that choosing kids by shots doesn't do anything to protect your child from getting sick right? /facepalm/.
I'm concerned with protecting my children against specific diseases, like meningitis, mumps, polio, measles.

Obviously, (duh) I know they could catch an illness that there is no vaccine for.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:07 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,668,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

The OP asked for it 10 years ago. It's a decade old thread.

Why this thread was reopened is beyond me. No matter how many "new people come here all the time" they probably aren't seeking 10 yr old threads.
People are interested in the topic. People sure posted before and after your deterrent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children