U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2017, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 386 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My name is Marie and I am currently a second-year occupational therapy student. For one of our assignements this year, we have a semester long project where we will be assessing and implmenting an intervention to a consumer in our community. My group is working with an adorable five-year-old boy with Autism. One portion of this semester project is to follow an online forum/discussion rleated to our consumer. Thus, I was wondering if all of you are okay with me reading your posts and reflecting on them to gain further insight for current and future families I will work with. All information will be kept confidential. Thanks so much.

Best,
Marie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 06:35 PM

14,794 posts, read 15,262,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieleathers View Post
Hello,

My name is Marie and I am currently a second-year occupational therapy student. For one of our assignements this year, we have a semester long project where we will be assessing and implmenting an intervention to a consumer in our community. My group is working with an adorable five-year-old boy with Autism. One portion of this semester project is to follow an online forum/discussion rleated to our consumer. Thus, I was wondering if all of you are okay with me reading your posts and reflecting on them to gain further insight for current and future families I will work with. All information will be kept confidential. Thanks so much.

Best,
Marie
I would suggest that there are better forums than this one for your assignment. There is not a lot of activity on this board.

Babycenter's autism boards might be a better place for you to try.

https://community.babycenter.com/gro...ctrum_disorder

There is another board for high-functioning autism as well.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 386 times
Thanks so much! I'll check it out.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:55 AM

2,817 posts, read 5,653,863 times
I agree that this forum has pretty low traffic. I see the most traffic on some of the Facebook groups that I'm on.

Also, I will note that I see a significantly different tone and range of topics on groups that are for parents of autistic people (usually children) vs groups that are for autistic people themselves. In fact, there seems to be a higher than expected level of discord between these two groups. The reason I bring this up is that you may want to consider whether your "consumer" is the autistic boy, or his parents/family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children