Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:33 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,078 times

Advertisements

Its not just the one child that is being hurt--its all the children. What did this teach them??? I would pull my child out of the school IMMEDIATELY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 06:38 PM

109 posts, read 231,065 times
I am actually shaking, im so mad >.<

Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,073 times
One of the worst parts of the story:

"The state attorney's office concluded the matter did not meet the criteria for emotional child abuse, so no criminal charges will be filed"

Umm then what does. If a whole class telling a kid why they don't like him, and voting him out all at a teacher's request isn't emotional abuse then the term has no meaning.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 AM

444 posts, read 1,049,604 times
That is just sick! How can anyone treat five year old this way! The teacher be fired. How is this even allowed happen?!

Old 08-28-2008, 07:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
One of the worst parts of the story:

"The state attorney's office concluded the matter did not meet the criteria for emotional child abuse, so no criminal charges will be filed"

Umm then what does. If a whole class telling a kid why they don't like him, and voting him out all at a teacher's request isn't emotional abuse then the term has no meaning.
Maybe not but it sure meets the violation standards of the ADA and IMO civil rights violations.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:31 AM

203 posts, read 927,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
The child is in the process of being diagnosed with Aspergers and the teacher supposedly took a vote by his peers to see who wanted him to stay in class or leave, and had them tell him what they didnt like about him. Every time I read more about it I get angrier. Shameful.

Kindergartner Voted Out By Students, Outraged Mom Of Special Needs Son Talks Exclusively With The Early Show - CBS News
Alex made the teacher's life more difficult............so what does she do? she attacks!..........in a very shameful way.............i truly hope that woman loses her job. You rock Alex!!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:29 AM

539 posts, read 2,102,882 times
Perhaps they could find her in violation of The Constitution, Amendment 8, Cruel and Unusual Punishment.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM

911 posts, read 2,155,984 times
it's sad, but teachers like this one are not uncommon. i would venture to say there's probably at least one in every school. they are usually backed by their superiors who could care less. our education system stinks. i finally had to abandon it completely and homeschool.

every school isn't bad, they can't ALL be bad... just every one i've personally been involved with.

this stuff happens every day to kids out there. i'm glad this is getting the attention it deserves. more people need to stand up and maybe then something will be done about it.

that poor boy. she should have to stand up on national television while people call in and tell her everything they don't like about her. i just can't stand it.

this happened forever ago though. i wonder if there's an update.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:10 PM

114 posts, read 486,345 times
what F*****G B***h!!! She needs to be brought up on child abuse charges!!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I am a retired special education teacher & I am appalled at the abuse perpetrated by that cruel foolish teacher. What a lovely mom and adorable little boy. I can not believe that she still has a teaching job. She wouldn't in my school.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children