U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 AM

1,831 posts, read 3,836,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Sounds alot like my Aspergers son...
Sounds like mine too (PDD-NOS).

The the OP -- does your daughter have OT services? If not, I'd formally request an OT eval, and if services are recommended, I'd have them put on the IEP. It sounds like she has sensory issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 9,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vergla View Post
My daughtler has all the signs of ADHD she has already been to the doctor she also had a blood test for part of ADHD now we just sent the paper work in to their doctor to see about seeing someone . through the school she has someone try to help her focus on school.i am very concern about her . what i want to know is dose it get worse and also did you have to change your childs diet .i am also open for any sugestions on child with ADHD.
i am a mother whos 2 children have adhd and add,mildretardation.my children are on medication and i have changed there diets,sometimes the child will grow out of the adhd or add but my children need help and get speech,pt,ot,it helps them along with help in their class ,there in special ed but even on the medication there hyper active and need redirection from time to time. i have to constintly need to keep them busy or they will get on eachothers nerves.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:58 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,144,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
Sounds like mine too (PDD-NOS).

The the OP -- does your daughter have OT services? If not, I'd formally request an OT eval, and if services are recommended, I'd have them put on the IEP. It sounds like she has sensory issues.
It's often really tough to get OT services. If they can pull out 1 paper with decent handwriting, your request will be denied.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:05 PM

3,422 posts, read 9,668,970 times
I was fortunate that mine was referred to OT for handwriting and the OT came back with sensory processing disorder on the eval in addition to the handwriting issues.

Its a shame its so hard to get OT b/c OTs seem to have so many useful tools and techniques - even if its just to teach the parents some "tricks of the trade".

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM

467 posts, read 862,905 times
I'd recommend getting the Psychologic Testing done. That way they can pin it down for certain.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:28 AM

134 posts, read 533,746 times
my daughtler was diagnos with pdd-nos back in april. she has an IEP. she gets help with her hand writing and they also work on social issues that she has. its a big releaf now we know what her issues are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children