Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2007, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 12,289 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband, I and three small kids (4, 2, 7mo.) live in Louisville Colorado, located by Boulder and are from Iowa, we moved here about 2 years ago and absolutly hate it!! There are so many people, illegals and the cost of living is through the roof! We are looking to relocate and saw a possible job in Spokane, we are looking for a nice, affordable, quiet little town where "everyone knows your name" As that is what we are used to in Iowa. I'd like to be near a larger town to shop and do things in but not necessarily live there. With 3 small kids, we are all about our kids and always looking for kid friendly things to do and other families to do those things with also with small children. Good schools are high on the list of importance, pre-school included so any information in that area is greatly appreciated. Also, I'm very curious on the crime rate. From looking at the population, Spokane is just too large for us, I think?! We would like to live no more than 30 miles away in any direction....any ideas?? Thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 05:48 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,911,277 times
Other outlying towns to consider would be Valleyford, Medical Lake, Cheney, Deer Park, Nine Mile Falls, Elk, Colbert, Chattaroy, Newport, Newman Lake, Fairfield, Reardan. All these are smaller towns within 10-30 miles of downtown Spokane. Most of these towns are still located in Spokane County, but you could also look at western Lincoln County, southern Stevens County and southern Pend Oreille county (Newport) that would still be driveable but less populated. Crime varies from place to place - most is concentrated within the city limits and gets much better as you get to the outlying areas.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:23 PM

174 posts, read 940,579 times
Default Try Idaho

Coeur d'Alene, ID would be a good place for you to look. Doesn't seem as expensive as Spokane at least in terms of rentals. It's much smaller and you wouldn't have an illegal problem there. You won't have that problem much either in Spokane. You could still commute which I am sure lots of people do.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 9,538 times
ya you wont know everyone in town its not that small of a town at all. the unemployment rate is high also if you want to live in a safe spot in town it really depends on what part of town you live in. dont move by cannon park (its the ghetto). my neighborhood is nice there is no "illegals"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area