Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 PM

59 posts, read 160,651 times

Advertisements

I liked hip hop homies better TBH.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Ok, just moved into town after thinking about it for quite a while. I just joke around with the Kompton moniker for the fun of it.

I will only be here a year, seems like a nice place.

I am very impressed with the downtown area. I have never been to a cities downtown with so many old buildings that are very nicely maintained. San Diego has old buildings....but lots of them are a wreck and filthy......many times encircled by filthy vagrants. People talk about bums in Spokane.....wow.........I saw some, compared to Downtown Scum Diego they are basically non-existant.

I hear the term trashy applied to Spokane on internet forums.............welll, I just ain't seeing it yet. I looks like a throwback to earlier times, much nicer than any part of Scum Diego that I lived in.
Beaches, nice weather(no humidity, an ocean breeze, no Deep South-style heat), mountains in the background, low murder rate. I don't understand the "Scum Diego" reference.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Beaches, nice weather(no humidity, an ocean breeze, no Deep South-style heat), mountains in the background, low murder rate. I don't understand the "Scum Diego" reference.
Some people don't like it brah (count me in as not liking it, but I'd never call a city by anything other than its name).

Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Some people don't like it brah (count me in as not liking it, but I'd never call a city by anything other than its name).
For me, San Diego and Seattle sound like better places to live than where I live(Atlanta). I'm no fan of the Deep South humidity, heat, and there things that San Diego and Seattle have that Atlanta does have.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
For me, San Diego and Seattle sound like better places to live than where I live(Atlanta). I'm no fan of the Deep South humidity, heat, and there things that San Diego and Seattle have that Atlanta does have.
....then move back

Old 09-07-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
....then move back
I would love to. I am in Atlanta though, because I don't have the money to move from the Atlanta and I'm still in college. I have until May and then I graduate. I still have to find a job and then save money to relocate.

By the way, I have never been to Spokane before. I think I went THROUGH it but never to it.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:33 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:

Well, there are gorgeous areas of the City Of San Diego and San Diego County. These nice areas are mostly out of reach for lower middle class folks like me. The yucky areas have lots and lots of people who care little to nothing about the areas they live in......dirty, trashy areas full of shifty people and illegals.

Plenty of trash all over the country, but........coming from someone who lived in Downtown Bum Diego and vicinity for many years, this city has earned its moniker............Scum Diego. Oh yeah, did I mention tons and tons of illegals???

Spokane at least feels like a REAL AMERICAN CITY.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
You mean like Detroitistan or Killadelphia.............if the name fits..........well, you know how that works.

I am impressed with Spokane......will try to no longer refer to it as Spok*mpton.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:

Seattle as a city is run much better than San Diego.............IMHO. But the weather...............many areas of San Diego have the nicest weather I have ever, ever lived in, that is San Diego's biggest plus.

Seattle............I grew up there................now it is just another overpriced city with 180-200 days of gloomy rain/overcast a year...............I cannot see myself ever moving back.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:51 PM

649 posts, read 1,768,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, there are gorgeous areas of the City Of San Diego and San Diego County. These nice areas are mostly out of reach for lower middle class folks like me. The yucky areas have lots and lots of people who care little to nothing about the areas they live in......dirty, trashy areas full of shifty people and illegals.

Plenty of trash all over the country, but........coming from someone who lived in Downtown Bum Diego and vicinity for many years, this city has earned its moniker............Scum Diego. Oh yeah, did I mention tons and tons of illegals???

Spokane at least feels like a REAL AMERICAN CITY.
you just described the entire southern california region, which i escaped from about 8 years ago.............miss the weather but that's all!!!!!
important to point out that spokane is probably HALF as expensive a place to live then san diego........even to rent in the "getto" of san diego would be twice the rent of a great apartment in spokane.......california taxes are much more, utilites are higher, car insurance lots higher, car registration higher then spokane.....california sales tax about the same as washington but has an additional income tax to boot!!!
spokane is a much cleaner safer affordable city compared to any place in southern ca.

nice to see others appreciate this area!!!

and nice to see no one jumping on the soapbox over posters issue with illegals!!!! on lots of forums this would be a hugh red flag........put being a former southern californian who knows the full meaning of what it's like living in an area overrun by people who come from a country that it's citizens have allowed to devolve into one of the most violent nations in the world ...........where social order depends on graft and kickbacks and the rule of law is in the hands of drug cartels............they don't necessarily leave behind the environment that they where raised in. their survival of the fittest mentality is very apparent.

so praise the lord for old fashion american values that are still alive and thriving in hometown american: spokane, washington......not perfect but better then most!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area