Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 04:54 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinHenderson View Post
Why? Why do you glorify a city you don't even live in? If it was so great wouldn't you live in it? Your profile says Japan and the other guy posting on here says Colorado. I don't live there and that is because it is a shady, scandalous town with an economy that is based on wait staff tips. If that wasn't true everyone posting on here about how nice the scenery is there would actually live and work there, but wait, they want to live better than a one bedroom apartment so they have to go where the jobs are to provide that.
Yeledaf makes his feelings on Spokane quite clear. He lived there for a long time.

Yes, I live in Colorado, but if I had, shall we say "better options" at the time I left Spokane, I would have never left. But in 2009, when the wife is saying we have to go back to Colorado because you have a job there, wants lose in favor of needs.

I'd love to be part of a wait-staff in Spokane. At least then I wouldn't have to take work home with me, well, except for the who's-sleeping-with-who gossip that goes along with the job.

Read the entire Spokane forum, there's tons of boosters (including myself) here. Not as active as we used to be, but I'll boost Spokane until the day I die (and I hope it's there). If you'd rather kick Spokane in the face, you're welcome to do that as well.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 AM

200 posts, read 505,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Yeledaf makes his feelings on Spokane quite clear. He lived there for a long time.

Yes, I live in Colorado, but if I had, shall we say "better options" at the time I left Spokane, I would have never left. But in 2009, when the wife is saying we have to go back to Colorado because you have a job there, wants lose in favor of needs.

I'd love to be part of a wait-staff in Spokane. At least then I wouldn't have to take work home with me, well, except for the who's-sleeping-with-who gossip that goes along with the job.

Read the entire Spokane forum, there's tons of boosters (including myself) here. Not as active as we used to be, but I'll boost Spokane until the day I die (and I hope it's there). If you'd rather kick Spokane in the face, you're welcome to do that as well.
Kick it, tase it, hog tie it like a Moderator cut: crude

Last edited by Count David; 12-15-2011 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: crude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:17 AM

200 posts, read 505,062 times
Quote:
Kick it, tase it, hog tie it like a Moderator cut: crude
Now you are covering up truth. SPD has an opening if you want to move back.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Now you are covering up truth. SPD has an opening if you want to move back.
No I'm not, I know full well what you are referring to. You could have probably phrased it in a nicer way. SPD wouldn't take me lol (for multitudes of reasons).

Let's get this thread back on track. Anybody have any more suggestions for OP?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
I noticed that the OP referred to a family member working at Deaconess. If that is indeed the case, I would recommend searching for a rental on the near southside. One might even get lucky and find a place within walking distance.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:30 AM

9 posts, read 29,558 times
My fiance seems quite fond of the Brown's Addition area from what we can see by our searches. We are supposed to get the final word tonight about the move and the move dates. If this does go ahead, it appears we will be able to have a 2 day scouting trip prior to the move. The information I have gathered and seen here (between the ususal internet selfishness and trolling) will be very helpful. Getting a plce that is close by so that we can get rid of one of our cars would be very nice.
For those that actually decided to read my request for information and not make this thread about themselves, Thank You.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:32 AM

9 posts, read 29,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I noticed that the OP referred to a family member working at Deaconess. If that is indeed the case, I would recommend searching for a rental on the near southside. One might even get lucky and find a place within walking distance.
Thank you for the help, but I don't know what "southside" is. If you could give cross streets as a starting point that woudl be very helpful.

Also, I'm not from this area so I don't know what "south hill" or any other locally named area is. If it's not listed on mapquest as such, then I'm not famliar with it.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid1331 View Post
Thank you for the help, but I don't know what "southside" is. If you could give cross streets as a starting point that woudl be very helpful.

Also, I'm not from this area so I don't know what "south hill" or any other locally named area is. If it's not listed on mapquest as such, then I'm not famliar with it.
South Hill is just about everything in Spokane proper that is south of I-90. It really is a big giant hill.

Browne's Addition is a nice enough area, one of Spokane's attempts at semi-urbanish living. I'd also suggest you look at the hill west of Grand, north of 29th.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:50 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid1331 View Post

The cross (east-west) streets on the South side are numbered from the freeway. The lowest numbers are actually busy downtown steets (First Ave. through about Fourth. Deaconess is, I believe, on Fifth Avenue). Any neighborhood south of Eighth Avenue and west of Sherman would be okay -- and even outside that area, there are nice neighborhoods.

Here's a map:

Google Maps

The Browne's addition area to which David referred is to the left, centered on Coeur d'Alene Park. Scroll the mouse over. It's also nice -- lots of young people, most employed...

Hope this helps.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:19 PM

5 posts, read 17,347 times
The "South Hill" is really quite a charming area of Spokane. Many of the homes that dot the area are victorian or craftsman style with a lot of character. Older homes with mature landscaping, and it spells quality and class. Then there's Manito Park just up the hill bordering Grand Blvd as you head south. Lovely place to visit, feed the ducks at the pond or take a walk through the conservatory or rose garden in bloom. Just a magnificent park!

If you're looking for apartments, many of them can be found on the backside of the hill, 29th to 57th.

Are you planning a trip out this way soon for a visit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area