Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:45 PM

13 posts, read 25,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Don't want to burst your bubble.....but, there is plenty of crime here in Spokane. Not terrible, but check out City-data's crime stats......Spokane's are pretty high. Lots of tweakers and whatnot in this area. There has been a rash of home invasions in the last 3-4 months.

That being said, Spokane is a very nice city IMHO......lots of sun.
Thank you

seb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM

649 posts, read 1,768,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb lucas View Post
Thank you redhead! I've enjoyed reading your all knowing informative posts about Spokane. The info you've provided other members was invaluable to my decision making. Thanks again for the Welcome.

seb

wow thanks seb! glad to be of help.............and tickle is loving spokane as well and ya we have crime but still not like big cities where you can't move to the "right side of town" to get away from it, whereas for spokane there are areas where the crime seems to be more concentrated like central west part of downtown and the hillard area... that's why i outline the boundaries for the northern part of spokane.....someone here said they like the university district but that is not a good area at all!!!! i'd recommend staying away from any area east of ruby/division and all areas south of the garland district which would make courtland the dividing street. the audubon neighborhood is very pretty but then again it is right on the border of west central spokane so i don't recommend it, it's a neighborhood in transition imho.......and again good luck on your move!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 06:50 PM

I've been in communication with some apt. complexes in Spokane and the way it's going, I think I'm leaning towards the South Hill area.

I know "redhead" has reservations about the area and maybe you can elaborate. I'm aware of icy hill conditions but other than that....what would be some negatives about pitchin' the tent in South Hill?

Thanks,

seb

Old 02-05-2012, 07:00 AM

Disregard my previous post about living in South Hill. Just found all the answers from previous posts.

seb

Old 03-21-2012, 11:52 AM

14 posts, read 48,984 times
South Hill is really VERY nice, but you gotta live up to the South Hill "standard". It's very elitist. The hills just aren't bad in the winter. They're literally inaccessible a few days out of the year. With the exception of Cold Stone Cremery and some beautiful afternoon drives, I usually stay away from the South Hill. Also, be careful of some areas on the "lower" South Hill (generally below 16-18th Ave). It's host to some of the worst areas in Spokane.

Personally the best places to live in Spokane is Spokane Valley. It's nice, clean, and even the worst areas aren't that bad. Anything you might need downtown or on the South Hill is an easy 15-20mins away. But you shouldn't need much... most of the area's shopping is located in the Valley. Its more laid back and quiet than most of Spokane proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area