Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 11:11 PM

986 posts, read 2,495,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
I guess the lack of responses have answered my question.. Oh well, beautiful scenery general outlasts a beautiful spouse in this country these days anyhow.. At least I will have beautiful trees and lakes, even if I don't have a social life. Being a mountain man, I can live with that.. In Boise, I have neither any beautiful scenery or social/dating life.. When I lived on the Oregon Coast I was content with all the beautiful scenery around me although there was few humans in the area. It was the really nasty weather, endless fog and being so far away from any stores that made me leave that area. In couple years if I need to find employment after my studying is complete and business ventures fail, I may be forced to live in a big, dirty, noisy and crime-ridden city and can think about "dating/social life" again. Perhaps, I should take these next two years to appreciate being able to live in such beauty, even though I will be getting passed the "marriage age".
If you tend toward misanthropy, as it seems you might, the ability to meet decent women is always going to be tricky and often luck-dependent. The cold fact is that you have to be social and somewhat fearless to meet women consistently. Your post seems like a general lament on meeting sincere ones, and I copy that. The most (physically at least) desirable ones tend to be party girls or tied up in exclusionary religions and grabbed for marriage early on.

Online dating used to have a rep for snagging dysfunctional women, though so many people are doing it now the odds of decency might be improving. I'd try that route if you haven't. Spokane shouldn't be too much different than any city of its size in that regard. There will always be single women somewhere, for whatever reason. If you can narrow your search you won't feel like you're wasting time.

This site shows Spokane as having 48.8% men and 51.2% women, which seems like decent gambling odds, but age and all the rest isn't accounted for. If you expect it to be easy, or have unrealistic goals, you could get stuck in a "Going to California" lyric, looking for a woman who's never been born.

Last edited by ca_north; 05-30-2012 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 05:37 PM

13 posts, read 25,199 times
MysticalDream;

Look, you're not in a cancer ward or stuck in a hospice. Get out, put your happy face on, dust off your social skills and manners and go meet some women!
I moved to Spokane recently and it's a great place to meet single women. Let's see.....I've met them in Kohl's, Trader Joes, in church, while running on the Centennial Trail, IHOP and in Riverfront Park. From waitresses to a high speed attorney and I've only been here since early April and my feet haven't hit the ground yet!

As cal_north stated....leave any misanthropy. Be socialable, happy and relish each day with a positive mental attitude and it will come.

Again, it's a target rich environment and a great place to live. So get out there, be a gentleman and make it happen. Good Luck!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,623 times
MysticalDreamer,

I don't know if you're still in Boise, but I wish I were able to meet you. As a single woman in my early 30s I completely agree with you regarding the limited choice of single Messianic Jewish types in the area with which to hang out (and possibly date). I have only found one person in the area in the five years I've been here. Most my friends are married older women, with a couple of younger Christian gals. I'm not Jewish, nor do I really consider myself Messianic or Christian any longer, but all three have played a huge role in my life and identity since I was a child... Now that I don't attend many religious events, I find myself very isolated. I like the weather and pace of life in Boise, but it's extremely difficult to find people here to engage in philosophical conversation with. Having researched, read, and experienced so much regarding religion, it is a major frustration.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,852,617 times
mmmm. I would take anything MysticalDreamer has posted at CD with a grain of salt. He and RotseCherut are very bitter and leave some nasty blown out of proportion rude comments, and imo per their posts they are as closed minded as they claim everyone else around them to be. I mean, if you met someone as angry and negative about everything as Mystical would you want to date him? Mystical has not posted for a while but RosteCherut has and they are both mad about the same things. Seems like Mystical also grumbled about the Portland area when he lived there. Hyperbole.

Last edited by Syringaloid; 07-15-2013 at 05:41 PM..

Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 AM

11 posts, read 35,381 times
I just recently moved here myself w/ my 2 kids. I was and still am somewhat shy in the dating area but I'm putting on a happy face w/ anyone I meet; the grocery store clerk to the baseball game attendants. I've tossed out the long list of 'must haves' that I used to have and can judge decently after some convo if I'd like to talk to them again. Met quite a few interesting men but no spark..yet. I'm sure after I find a job that meeting decent guys will not be a problem. 'Sides, this city has so many events, parks, etc. It's great! : )

Old 07-18-2013, 07:06 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,916,152 times
I find Spokane to be a horrible place for a single man over age 25 looking for love. Not the absolute worst place for that I've been, but pretty far up there. .... Just personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area