Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,305,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivernot View Post
This story doesn't sound right. The KF is a large concert venue and the security is wearing ID. It was just shut down temporarily due to a shooting outside. The problem I see is they are booking a lot of acts that attract a rough crowd. That and the problem of 300 million guns being used by little jerks to settle minor arguments.

How do a few criminals manage to carry 300 million guns ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLynnn View Post
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has experienced going to any concerts at the Knitting Factory. Is it cool and fun? Did you have a good time overall? Would you go there again?
I went there the beginning of the summer 2012 and had an awful experience. I just wanted to see if it is just me or if lots of people get the same kind of treatment I did.
Jessica, please email me, I believe ur story I also had an incident June 2012. Please contact me Shawn

Old 03-08-2015, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 2,574 times
I also recently had a violent experience with their bouncers. I was standing at the edge of the mosh pit when some guy came out and cracked me in the face. I pushed back and suddenly 2 guys out of nowhere grabbed me and forceably lifted me off the ground as i had no idea what was going on i began fighting back this then brought 3 more guys where the carried me to the door and while still inside threw me face first into the ground. The side of my face is so swollen with a huge black eye. Totally violent and unneccessary for a 130lb female. Everytime i go to that place i see bloody people on the sidewalk at their hands. I have many friends who have been suddenly dragged out of there for simply stumbling or some other bull**** reason. Not sure how they get away with it. Maybe if they have so many issues they should teach their bartenders not to over serve. I for one will never set place in there again and wouldnt mind seeing it burn to the ground with there douchebag thugs inside.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 AM

It seems as if you go there you have given up being treated in any human way if there is an issue. Keep an eye on your friends as they can suddenly just "dissapear"

Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 PM

2,136 posts, read 2,305,056 times
Attending any venue which supports a mosh pit, is in and of itself a violent atmosphere, why would anyone willingly subject themselves to such an environment, let alone complain about what occurs there?

Old 03-11-2015, 06:41 PM

Im wasnt complaining about the mosh pit thank you, its the bouncers taking things to the extreme and escalating situations by seriously hurting people, this does not seem within the confines of the law, they are just hired goons not police officers. The place is horrible and does encourage violence so be warned if u go there, also be aware if they dont like how u walk they will throw u out on your ass, good bye 35$ u just paid to see a show.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:00 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,453,760 times
Not a very endearing introduction to this Moses Lakean who was starting to look ahead at the Knitting Factory Spokane event calendar and seeing if anything looked promising.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:26 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,903,038 times
I can tell you that I've been to several concerts at the Knitting Factory and have never seen this kind of activity. I think it depends on what type of music event you're attending. The mosh pit kind of music draws a different crowd than indie folk singers.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:39 PM

49 posts, read 159,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
I can tell you that I've been to several concerts at the Knitting Factory and have never seen this kind of activity. I think it depends on what type of music event you're attending. The mosh pit kind of music draws a different crowd than indie folk singers.
Yes, Wendy perhaps you have a point there. Another theory is that the bouncers and staff at the Knitting Factory prey upon people and hurt people at certain types of shows because of several reasons that make it easier to sweep it under the rug. *certain types of music draws different types and age groups of crowds. The bouncers and staff at the knitting factory seem to know that beating up people in their 20s-30's at rock/metal concerts will not seem as bizarre as them beating up 50-60 year olds at "folk" music concerts.
The police seem to think the bouncers have the right to act this way & seem to side with the knitting factory every time by blaming the victims saying the treatment is warranted/ deserved by who ever those bouncers decide to gang up on. Spokane police completely let me down.. The bouncers there even attack small women!!
I know many people who have worked in security/ bouncer jobs. A good and professional bouncer helps maintain crowds by talking to people, hanging out & making sure everyone has a good time & that everyone is SAFE. Sometimes bouncers do have to ask people to leave, I understand that... and it is also their job to help make sure that even if someone had to leave that they do it safely ie- they walk them out (not literally throw them!!) & call a cab for them...etc... NOT physically attack and assault people causing injuries that require urgent medical attention!!--LIKE what happened to me and many others at concerts at the knitting factory.

NO ONE who goes to a public place to have a good time deserves to be hurt by ANYONE especially not people employed by the place they are attending!! The bouncers at the knitting factory were not then and probably still are not professional. They are a danger to people in our community & I worry that someday they could kill someone and that is why I started this thread so long ago.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:56 PM

49 posts, read 159,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
Attending any venue which supports a mosh pit, is in and of itself a violent atmosphere, why would anyone willingly subject themselves to such an environment, let alone complain about what occurs there?
Just because a person is attending a venue that has a mosh pit does not mean the person is giving anyone the right to physically harm them & it certainly does not mean they wanted that to happen!!!
Stop blaming the victims!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area