U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-07-2007, 08:48 PM

51 posts, read 103,154 times
Default Question for Locals

Does anyone out there have information on old theaters in Spokane? Some place that is on its last legs? Not a cineplex but a single theater that might be in the process of closing its doors? Doing some research, Thanks.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:04 AM

135 posts, read 423,319 times
Default jag56...

Hi,
We are visiting Spokane early April with the intent of maybe moving there in 3+ years. I have found a wonderful real estate agent who sends us 'homes for sale' links on a daily basis via email. She is so sweet and informative about the area. If we have had any quesions (which we have had many), she is so gracious to answer them fully and with much detail. Here is her info:
Jaime Morlin
(509) 863-5788
John L. Scott, Spokane, Inc.
morlinj@comcast.net
www.southhillhomes.net

Where do you live now? Why Spokane?
mes3fils

Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 8,947 times
Default mes3fils

Thanks for the info. We live in Chesapeake, VA at present. My wife is getting tired of her high stress government job, and, we would like to move closer to our son on the west coast. Thanks again and I'll be looking for your posts after you get back.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 8,947 times
wendyk - I chose to open your private post in a new window and now I don't know how to access it. This "newbie" needs a lifeline.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 21,319 times
I have a question for all you! Me and my fiance are both born and raised in southern california and hate the place. The heat, the traffic, the smog, the people, the sports. Im in the power plant industry and shes a web designer from home. Ive done 4 years in military in San Diego and spent time in Boston. She wont move with me to Boston so we've narrowed it down between Spokane and Fort Collins, CO. Im more keen on Spokane, I dont mind driving to Vancouver, Calgary or Seattle for fun and like the outdoors. Our main reason for leaving So Cal is the housing prices, and we want to give our kids a good place to grow up and call home. I know nothing in Spokane or Fort Collins even compares to the drugs, gangs, schools, diversity that CA has. Some think its a horrible place on here, but coming from the metro la area, I ask you, how bad do you really have it?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 AM

Default capsnbottles33

Hi,
Funny....we are also considering the two places as you, Spokane and Ft. Collins, Co! First, we are visiting Spokane in April and then we will visit Ft. Collins in a year or 2.

Did you know that Ft. Collins was recently voted the #1 American city to live in for many various reasons??!! The housing there is fairly inexpensive compared to here in S. Florida. In my opinion, it's even cheaper there than in Spokane. Many homes in Spokane seem to be a bit over priced to me and my husband.

mes3fils

Old 01-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Another Between the Two Cities!

Ok, this is too weird. How many others out there are looking at the same two cities? Anyway, for those of you who appreciate hills (referred to as mountains by some) Fort Collins would not appeal. My husband just came back from visiting a buddy there and he says it is sooooo flat. We live in Anchorage,AK right now, where mountains surround us but we are losing our love for the cold weather (today it is -17F). I too would appreciate Fort Collins 300 days of sun but no hills at all, hmmm I don't know. Spokane appeals to me because of its four seasons, the ability to grow things (not much in Anchorage) the slight grade of the city with some neighborhoods looking down over the valley and outdoor pools! Wow, that all sounds so simple! Planning my trip to check it out in the next month (don't want to be totally taken in by just beautiful warm summer days, have to see it when winter is not quite finished.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Default ft. collins vs. spokane...

ft. collins appears beautiful in some pics i just saw online...mtn views. i don't really mind that the city itself is flat, as long as mtns are near....there are so many outdoor amenities there...and the skiing is much better than spokane skiing access. here is a link to ft. collins real estate, note the taxes...low to mid $1000's compared to spokane's mid to high $2000's and up. and the home prices are much more affordable for the size...you can get a 5/3 home newer for mid $200k! also 300days of sunshine? and only 14+ inches of precipitation? how can that be beat. here's a link to some homes for sale, check out this home, and the tax price...http://www.coloradohomes.com/CustomM...9&SearchType=0

check out this link re:ft. collins demographics: http://www.ci.fort-collins.co.us/fcfacts.php?ID=1

i don't know, I am beginning to think this is a better place than spokane...we'll see when we visit both areas.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:45 AM

103 posts, read 351,914 times
anyone mention the inversions and the smog?

Old 01-11-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Hey Locals

Can anyone tell me if Spokane gets a nasty load of mosquitos in summer? They are nasty in Alaska in summer. Just hoping for a few less. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area