U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:57 AM

54 posts, read 212,400 times

Advertisements

orygun: Maybe he can get reference letters from previous landlords as well stating he paid on time and didn't ruin things. It couldn't hurt as long as they are good references.
Can he ask the screening companies why he was refused? That would give him a jump on trying to figure it all out. If there is something in his history that is incorrect, he can get proof and possibly have it ran again after it is cleared up-I would push to have those places that denied him take his application again without paying another fee. I don't know if it would do any good or not, but I guess it is worth a shot.
Make sure he checks his credit and other background info to make sure it is clear
Good luck
Rate this post positively

Old 05-12-2007, 08:13 AM

135 posts, read 568,813 times
Default orygun

I was reading all of your posts. It seems like there is something going on with his application/credentials. Maybe some info your ex doesn't want to share with you...or possibly some extreme unpaid bill on his credit report? Just a thought.

It's just strange why he's having such a hard time....what you're describing and what is actually going on with his turned down apps, just doesn't make sense.

Good luck, I sense your frustration!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,543 times
Default moving to Spokane in Sept/Oct

Hello Folks:
It's nice to see the forum with varied opinions on Spokane.
I have some queries for you all.

We [myself and my wife] will be moving to your city from Massachusetts in Sept/Oct. I am wondering if anyone can guide us to decent and safe Apartments [2-3 bedroom; 1000-1200 per month is OK] for temporary accomodation. Plan is to buy a house after an year or so.

First we want to get used to the city and surroundings.
My workplace will come under area code 99207.
I would like to minimize commuting timing at least for few months. Therefore, would like to stay close.

I have been going through apartment websites and talked to quite a few apartment folks as well. I even visited ww.aptratings.com. Not that helpful but atleast got an idea of reviews on apartements.

Well, any help from you folks will be appreciated.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:45 PM

51 posts, read 138,084 times
Default To East-West

www.cedarpropertymgmt.com try this one, I saw it when we were looking and it seems nice.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:26 PM

7 posts, read 30,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aullori View Post
You don't need pepper spray you need common sense.

Homeless issues? That's only true if your the kind of person who likes to hang out at bus stations or right by the homeless shelters. If those are the places you like to go and people who are homeless bug you - then you may not want to move here.
It's a little arrogant and mean to assume one you've never met lacks common sense and to speculate as to what "kind of person" they must be. I have never hung out at bus stations or homeless shelters, and those are not the only places where the homeless can be found; as stated, the primary place I have been accosted by homeless men was at Perkins on Division. And as stated, my solution has been to avoid that establishment. You should understand that newcomers are not provided a map showing areas where they can expect to encounter this problem, we have to learn as we go. The homeless here can be very forward and overbearing and they will go past physical comfort levels, as I have experienced. It has been very frightening to me, and I don't see how you're in the position to judge me in a situation that you've been lucky enough never to have been in. Fortunately, as I learn areas to avoid my encounters are less frequent and I do not intend to carry pepper spray in the city, but if others do I would understand why.

But anyway, thanks to the people on this board who have been kind enough to provide constructive information on how to approach/avoid these situations; your kindness and understanding are appreciated and representative of the Spokane residents who have been very welcoming towards me. As I've said before, I've been very impressed with the friendliness of people I've met here, and will chose to base my impression on those encounters and not let this one internet person bring me down.

Over and out,
elizabeth

Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 PM

33 posts, read 188,234 times
If interested in locating somewhere in and around the downtown (Historic and well maintained buildings) try Wells and Company.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,543 times
Default thanks

thanks Metrospokane and coldswan for your helpful tips.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:27 AM

Default homeless situation...

since that came back up again a few posts down, i will input our experience again briefly.

we came across many homeless in the 8days we were there and no, we didn't fly across the u.s. to visit/hang out by homeless shelters.

this is where we were 'harrassed' if you will, by them: INSIDE the mall nearest downtown, starbucks, perkins (we stayed at the Marriott right by Perkins near the river) and chilis.

this is quite a record in 8days....considering that I have NEVER been approached here in S. FL by our many homeless. The ones here are harmless, leave you alone and only hang out on the larger 6lane hwy medians, holding signs for $. Unless you stick ur hand out of ur car, they walk right on by and don't even look at u.

i wonder if the lack of police presence has a bearing on it, and also the obvious and noticed tolerance by the employees of them hanging around INSIDE the establishments. not good.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 53,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mes3fils View Post
since that came back up again a few posts down, i will input our experience again briefly.

we came across many homeless in the 8days we were there and no, we didn't fly across the u.s. to visit/hang out by homeless shelters.

this is where we were 'harrassed' if you will, by them: INSIDE the mall nearest downtown, starbucks, perkins (we stayed at the Marriott right by Perkins near the river) and chilis.

this is quite a record in 8days....considering that I have NEVER been approached here in S. FL by our many homeless. The ones here are harmless, leave you alone and only hang out on the larger 6lane hwy medians, holding signs for $. Unless you stick ur hand out of ur car, they walk right on by and don't even look at u.

i wonder if the lack of police presence has a bearing on it, and also the obvious and noticed tolerance by the employees of them hanging around INSIDE the establishments. not good.
Mes3fils,
So, have you decided to move to Spokane?

Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 AM

Default liborg~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibOrg View Post
Mes3fils,
So, have you decided to move to Spokane?
Good question. You know, we don't know yet. Obviously we weren't completely 'taken' by Spokane or my response would be "yes, and we can't wait!". There are some features that just 'bother' me for lack of a better word. I don't honestly know if I could get used to some...and don't want to make a hasty decision. It's an awfully far move for us, if we were to discover we didn't like it. And costly. I realize there's no way to know unless we do it, but we have atleast one more place in mind and will visit there in 2009. As you can see, we do have time on our side here! Can't leave until 1/2011-when my husband has his 20yrs in w/his job and can officially retire. Perfect timing too, as our 2 youngest sons will just be ready for school. And, my teen (hopefully ) will be ready to go off to college!

What about you? Have you been for a visit? What are your thoughts?

By the way, one of my friends is dying to move to Austin, she loves it there! And, my oldest brother lives in League City, suburb of Houston-has worked for NASA for almost 25yrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or