Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times

Advertisements

It's so sad, info on cannabis is exploding faster than mutating electronics. It helps over 200 medical conditions, as in "no, we don't want healthy people around here" & "we must protect the children" when 22% of 11, 13, & 15 year olds are already using it rather than drugs that can kill. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
The rules the maximum was 40 metric tons for the whole state. There are things like 1000' buffer zones etc. It also appears that cities can pretty much come up with any rules they want including banning them altogether. Spokane Valley is making it tough with buffer zones around recreational trails as well as vacant land earmarked for future schools or libraries within city limits. I am sure enterprising individuals will figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 07:20 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
A germane question: does this mean that the thousands of people imprisoned for possession/transportation/growing/sale of cannabis will be released?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
A germane question: does this mean that the thousands of people imprisoned for possession/transportation/growing/sale of cannabis will be released?
I don't think that is the way it works. If it was a crime when you were convicted you broke the law and now you are in jail. Maybe a presidential pardon. He releases terrorists so why not potheads.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I don't think that is the way it works. If it was a crime when you were convicted you broke the law and now you are in jail. Maybe a presidential pardon. He releases terrorists so why not potheads.
I don't know, man. Putting potheads in the same prison with murderers, kidnappers, and other violent criminals seems --- well, criminal...

There but for the grace of God and all that, you know what I mean?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I don't know, man. Putting potheads in the same prison with murderers, kidnappers, and other violent criminals seems --- well, criminal...

There but for the grace of God and all that, you know what I mean?
I did not say I agree with it, just the way I think it works now. " NO retroactive ameliorative relief in sentencing" I am sure we could spend all day over beers solving the world's problems.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 PM

460 posts, read 609,324 times
There is talk about allowing those in prison for drug offenses out, if it was a non-violent crime. Alaska (where I live) will probably be the next state to make Marijuana legal, but it will also allow people to grow it at home here. Have seen on TV about pot gummy bears and candy sold in CO and making it over the border. Apparently the enforcement of keeping pot in the state is not doing well.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman51 View Post
Apparently the enforcement of keeping pot in the state is not doing well.
This gets my vote as understatement of the young century. Just ahead of "We've got a few minor glitches with Obamacare, but it'll be running smoothly come mid-December."

Old 07-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Ok you might have to get in line now as the very first store to open in the entire state will be right here in sunny and warm Spokane!!!
[LEFT]Reecreational marijuana stores in Washington State [/LEFT]will open their doors[LEFT] on July 8. [/LEFT]Kouchlock Productions[LEFT] in Spokane (1919 E. Francis St.), who receivd their license a month ago, is expected to be the first.[/LEFT]

Old 07-01-2014, 08:31 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
I predict that when you buy pot.......you are going to have to show government identification, or at least picture identification.

This will put you on some government list, that will disqualify you from certain things....CCW, CDL, security sensitive positions, etc, etc, etc.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Did you see the very first guy to buy it in Spokane was fired? He has his job back but what a cluster that was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area